MET2007

Received my Visa!!! Help lol

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I received my Immigration Visa today, but they said it expires on the 27th of Dec 2010, it means that i got to be in USA before that date?

My case number got 01 added after it, what does it mean?

At the very bottom of my visa, there is a sentence " Upon Endorsement Serves As Temporary I-551 Evidence Permanent Residence For 1 Year ", does it mean that after i receive my green card, it lasts for 1 year?

My 2nd marriage Anniversary is in 25th of August this year, would it be any different if I travel now or after 25th of August?

Am I allowed to work immediately or should I wait for Green Card?

Thank you so much for your help.

You have to do your POE by Dec 27, 2010

USCIS IR1/CR-1 CSC

02-24-2010 - I-130 Sent: February 24th, 2010

06-17-2010 - NOA2

Your I-130 was APPROVED in 107 days from your NOA1 date.

06-24-2010 - NVC Case Number Assigned

08-24-2010 - Sign in Fail - Case COMPLETE in 60 days

10-27-2010 - INTERVIEW Riyadh

11-27-2010 - VISA issued

01-06-2011 - POE JFK

01-27-2011 - Welcome letter

01-28-2011 - Green came via Priority mail

01-06-2011 - GC Issue Date

02-05-2011 - GC Received

02-10-2011 - Applied for SSN at local office

02-19-2011 - SSN Received by mail

10-06-2012 (?) - GC Extend Date

01-06-2013 - GC Expires Date

Timeline

Thank you all,

I got another question if you don't mind, do I have to wait till I get my green card to work or can I work the second I enter USA ?

About education, I'm not sure if ill find the answer, but i have been asking everywhere about my education if its accredited, i mean can i work with my engineering degree in USA?

Thank you for your help. God bless.

Technically, you can work the day you enter the US. Finding a job and getting your degrees acredited, that's another story.

USCIS IR1/CR-1 CSC

02-24-2010 - I-130 Sent: February 24th, 2010

06-17-2010 - NOA2

Your I-130 was APPROVED in 107 days from your NOA1 date.

06-24-2010 - NVC Case Number Assigned

08-24-2010 - Sign in Fail - Case COMPLETE in 60 days

10-27-2010 - INTERVIEW Riyadh

11-27-2010 - VISA issued

01-06-2011 - POE JFK

01-27-2011 - Welcome letter

01-28-2011 - Green came via Priority mail

01-06-2011 - GC Issue Date

02-05-2011 - GC Received

02-10-2011 - Applied for SSN at local office

02-19-2011 - SSN Received by mail

10-06-2012 (?) - GC Extend Date

01-06-2013 - GC Expires Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

whoa.

was this for any K-3 visa ? IF SO - then is 2 years validity INSIDE the USA, not 1 year. Impossible to tell what you got, is nothing in your profile, you've not filled out yer timeline over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=73817 But hei !!! getting a visa is a monumentus occasion, should be celebrated much, and one part of that celebration SHOULD INCLUDE you FILLING OUT YER OFFICIAL VJ TIMELINE over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=73817

If you interviewed for CR-1 visa, then yes, is 1 year validity after you arrive in the USA

other stuff.

--Upon Endorsement Serves As Temporary I-551 Evidence Permanent Residence For 1 Year - endorsement occurs at the Port of Entry, is another stamp in the passport. CR-1/IR-1 gets 1 year, K-3 gets 2 year.

--27th of Dec 2010 - yup - must arrive in USA prior to that date

--(Not applicable to the K-3 visa) playing the IR/1 game - sure is possible, but - you must be adamant at the POE, remind the CBP officer that was 2 years past the date of marriage, so now 'type' should be changed to IR/1 - the CBP officer can DO IT, is nothing automatic, he MUST enter it on the computer in that fashion, and there MUST BE the right IR-1 stamp on the passport. Be Pro-Active, practice asking for this before you jump on a plane. It's totally up to you, to wait until after 25 August, or not - but if you do not wait, you'll get 2 year greencard. IF you wait until after 25 August, is good chance , high probability, that you'll get the IR-1 'correction' at the POE.

--(Not applicable for K-3 visa) you are allowed to work immediately - however - you need 2 pieces of paperwork (tell yer USC Spouse to get you an I-9 form, email it to you for review ) one piece is the greencard or stamp in the passport, another piece is the SSN card, which you will MOST LIKELY GET at a SSA office - go in person to SSA office after you arrive, and apply.

*** this should NOT be posted in the NVC forum, btw - happy to move it, later, when is determined WHAT kind of visa this is - I think it's a CR-1 ***

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

its a CR1 visa yes, i really am having HUGE difficulties figuring out how this site work lol.

Upon Endorsement Serves As Temporary I-551 Evidence Permanent Residence For 1 Year - endorsement occurs at the Port of Entry, is another stamp in the passport. CR-1/IR-1 gets 1 year ( what should happen after that year ends, do i apply for another green card, or apply to extend it? ).

About accreditation, i graduated with bachelor degree in electronics and communication from ( Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport ), it was 5 years. I keep asking in ABET but no useful answer, i don't know where to ask or how to even get the engineering board exam. If anyone knows where to ask or just where to start looking for an answer, i would appreciate it.

Thank you all for helping and going back to check my replies.

God bless you.

its a CR1 visa yes, i really am having HUGE difficulties figuring out how this site work lol.

Upon Endorsement Serves As Temporary I-551 Evidence Permanent Residence For 1 Year - endorsement occurs at the Port of Entry, is another stamp in the passport. CR-1/IR-1 gets 1 year ( what should happen after that year ends, do i apply for another green card, or apply to extend it? ).

About accreditation, i graduated with bachelor degree in electronics and communication from ( Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport ), it was 5 years. I keep asking in ABET but no useful answer, i don't know where to ask or how to even get the engineering board exam. If anyone knows where to ask or just where to start looking for an answer, i would appreciate it.

God bless you.

There are several educationl credentials evaluators in the US. One I know of, that a friend in the US used, is www.ece.org. You could take a look at USA job postings for your specialization. The job posting would normally include information about what certifications, if any, are required for a particular job. After that, you can search for that particular certification including which agency/organization does the certification process. Certifying bodies would normally ask for your educational credentials so I think that the first thing you should do is get your transcripts/diplomas evaluated. Applications are done online but requirements for sending in transcripts/diplomas vary by country. Sometimes you can mail the transcripts directly to the evaluator. Sometimes the transcripts have to be mailed directly by the university/college.

Here's the NACES website = http://www.naces.org/members.htm. NACES is an association of private foreign educational credentials evaluators in the USA. That link takes you to their list of member organizations.

Edited by Armenia

God bless you.

MET2007, I think I may know a way for you to get some more information. In new jersey you take the PE exam with an international engineering degree, I don't know if this will be true for the state where you are going to be, but you can try this. Find the contact info of the state PE exam board, call them and tell them that you have an international engineering degree and you want to take the PE exam with it and what is their requirements for it. They will tell you the requirements and who they recommended that you go to to get your degree accredited, now you can call this 3rd person and hopefully they can give you better information. This is easier than trying to google search all day, believe me I tried and I came up with nothing.

Edited by antoneya

Alex A

----------------------------

9/16/2009 - Married

USCIS

1/22/2010 - I-130 sent

1/27/2010 - USPS tracking - Delivered, CHICAGO, IL 60680

2/02/2010 - NOA1

2/07/2010 - NOA1 - Hard copy

3/31/2010 - NOA2

4/1/2010 - NOA2 - Email & Text (~58 days)

4/5/2010 - NOA2 - Hard copy

NVC - Taking my time with it...

4/8/2010 - got NVC case # & gave them email address (~ 1 week)

4/13/2010 - Choice of Agent email from NVC (~ 5 days)

4/14/2010 - Email sent to NVC with "Choice of Agent

4/19/2010 - NVC email confirming "Choice of Agent" email (~5 days)

4/20/2010 - NVC email with AOS and IV bill

4/23/2010 - AOS fee paid & package send

4/26/2010 - IV fee paid

5/21/2010 - IV pack mailed to NVC

5/28/2010 - NVC received IV packet

6/10/2010 - SIF & RFE (for PCC different for Sir Lanka)

6/11/2010 - CC (with RFE)

Timeline

*** moving to IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports forum ***

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Hi everyone,

I received my Immigration Visa today, but they said it expires on the 27th of Dec 2010, it means that i got to be in USA before that date?

My case number got 01 added after it, what does it mean?

At the very bottom of my visa, there is a sentence " Upon Endorsement Serves As Temporary I-551 Evidence Permanent Residence For 1 Year ", does it mean that after i receive my green card, it lasts for 1 year?

My 2nd marriage Anniversary is in 25th of August this year, would it be any different if I travel now or after 25th of August?Am I allowed to work immediately or should I wait for Green Card?

Thank you so much for your help.

If you travel before 08/25, you will a 2 year greencard. If you travel AFTER 08/25, you will get a 10 year green card.

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

Timeline

Met - still no timeline ? wassup ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.