antda

N-400: Yellow Letter vs. White Letter...

Yellow Interview Letter or White Interview Letter...  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which letters did you receive for your citizenship interview?

• Yellow Letter with Interview Letter
    • Yellow Letter without Interview Letter
    • White Letter with Interview Letter
    • White Letter without Interview letter
    • I got the Yellow Letter, White Letter, and Interview Letter
    • I did not get any of these letters..still waiting..
    • I am not applying for US Citizenship yet...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't help but notice that for N-400/citizenship interview letters, that some people receive yellow letters, while others receive white letters.

So what is the difference between these letters (lol..besides the obvious fact that one is yellow and one is white)?

Did those who get yellow letters also get white letters? Did those who get white letters also get yellow letters?

Is the letter that one gets dependent on the amount of evidence one submitted for the N-400 application, or dependent on something else?

What do both of these letters say exactly?

For me, I got the N-659 Naturalization Interview Document Check List white letter (lol..I assume it is the white letter, as it is white in colour), and also the actual I-797c Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview letter with the time and date of my interview. No yellow letter for me...hmmmm...

For more info about what I got exactly, you can read more here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=223884&hl=

Just curious as to who got what, and whether or not it makes a difference in one's N-400 citizenship case too...

Hope this helps...Good luck to all your journeys too.

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

HI Ant

Actually things are not the same way around. You could see at my timeline what and when I get emails and the letter in my mailbox.

First, I got the email saying that they asked more evidence. Which everyone thought was "the Biometrics Letter Schedule" ... In my case I thought it is ...because after few weeks I got that email of RFE, I got my biometrics letter schedule. But after a few weeks again, I received "the yellow letter" only .... saying that they want the income tax returns original copies when I go to my interview. Though I don't have yet my interview schedule letter, so I wait few weeks again. Then I received an email that my case is forwarded to the DO for interview. Then I got my interview letter with the white paper of instructions and requirements to bring just in case.

NOA letter

Email RFE

Biometric Letter

RFE yellow letter

Email for interview

Interview Letter w/ white letter of instruction on the day of interview

Hope this help.....

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm still waiting....

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

The yellow letter told me specifically that they want me to take specific documents to the interview which they had only generally mentioned in the white letter to take.

Hope that makes it clear, specifically the difference between the white and yellow letters. :rolleyes:

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

In the timeline in my signature "Case Status Review" is the yellow letter. As you can see, I got letters from USCIS several days in a row. I think that this is very unusual and it happened to me because they canceled my initial interview.

I got "document checklists" (white letters??) with both my interview appointment letters.

The above is not legal advice.

It is either from research or merely my opinion.

smiley-6061.png

vjsig.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting your experiences about getting the N-400 interview-related letters... :thumbs:

It's interesting to know that some people get yellow letters, some people get white letters, and some people get both!

This is defintely helpful, indeed! Good to learn something new here on vj!....:)

And now I understand more too, that...

yellow letter= specific to one's case

white letter = general to everyone

Hmm...I wonder what ultimately determines who gets what...Maybe it's the evidence or lack of evidence that one submits for the N-400 application?

Either way, hope that you all get interview letters. And to those who have their interview letters, good luck with your interview coming up.

And everyone, good luck with the rest of your journeys too.

Ant (Interview in 1-2 weeks..yikes!)

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

• 3 months later...
HI Ant

Actually things are not the same way around. You could see at my timeline what and when I get emails and the letter in my mailbox.

First, I got the email saying that they asked more evidence. Which everyone thought was "the Biometrics Letter Schedule" ... In my case I thought it is ...because after few weeks I got that email of RFE, I got my biometrics letter schedule. But after a few weeks again, I received "the yellow letter" only .... saying that they want the income tax returns original copies when I go to my interview. Though I don't have yet my interview schedule letter, so I wait few weeks again. Then I received an email that my case is forwarded to the DO for interview. Then I got my interview letter with the white paper of instructions and requirements to bring just in case.

NOA letter

Email RFE

Biometric Letter

RFE yellow letter

Email for interview

Interview Letter w/ white letter of instruction on the day of interview

Hope this help.....

This is exactly what happened in my case,

Today I had my Fingerprints, and when I got home I found the Yellow letter in my mailbox, I guess the next step is the White Letter.

I also had the RFE which turns out to be the Fingerprints I guess!!

Cool

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.