duracell

I 90 never received green card

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Did you fight it with them? Call them and see if there is anything you can do, if they keep saying that they did send it then there is nothing you can do. Verify that they have your address correctly in the system and then file an I-90 so they can send you the card. Ask them if you need to do Biometrics again, if not then the cost will be $290. If yes, you will have to pay an additional $80 for a total of $370.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

My experience, when removing conditions, I received an e-mail saying card ordered, more than 30 days passed and I did not get the card. Called Service and they said I had to report it lost.

I e-filed a I-90 and paid for it, received the fingerprints appointment. Days latter my status changed in the web site to card sent and I received the green card (10 weeks after first card ordered e-mail).

I wrote a letter saying that I wanted to cancel the I-90 and that I was aware that I was not going to get my money back.

By the way i have the feeling that they noticed that they had not send my card when they started the i-90 process....

Edited by Lady_K

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

Filed: Timeline

Make an infopass appointment at your local office and make sure the card has been issued. If it has been issued then make a note of the date it was mailed. Also ask if the card has been returned to USCIS, if it has then you can file the I-90 and pay no fee. If the card has been issued and not returned to them then you will need to file the I-90 and pay the fee.

You may also wish to check with your local USPS office if they have any undelivered mail for you. Also make sure your Name is clearly displyed on your mailbox as USPS have been known to return mail if the name is not on the Mailbox.

It can take upto 6 months to get a replacement card, but once the I-90 has been filed you can request a I-551 stamp be put in your passport to allow you to work and travel, again your local office can do this just make an infopass appointment. The 1-800 number can not help you with details of card issue and they give wrong info all the time.

Jon

• 1 year later...

We had to move around the same time I was supposed to recieve my 10 year green card. The application had been recieved accepted and the card sent to the old address, even though we updated it with USCIS before it was sent. Now we call 3 months later and USCIS says they sent it to our old one because we didn't update in time... so the first person who helped us update it was incompitent. Even so, the mail was supposed to be forwarded but we checked with the new residents of our old house and they are still recieving mail for us. They said some stuff from USCIS came and they sent it back. That was 4 months ago now.

The post office denies any mail is being sent to our old address even though the new residents just gave us mail last week. USPS apparently lost it and hasn't sent it back to USCIS, won't admit they lost and say even if they did there is nothing that can be done. Lovely...

So I have to file for an I-90, re-do the bio-metrics and pay the entire fee over again? What if it happens again? The mail service in our area is really bad... Is there any way I can get USPS to pay for the second application or get USCIS to send it some way other USPS? Can I pick it up in person? They must have a better resolution... what a waste of time and money that I don't even have right now.

If no one has any more advice, I'm calling my senator and starting a stink.

Make an infopass appointment at your local office and make sure the card has been issued. If it has been issued then make a note of the date it was mailed. Also ask if the card has been returned to USCIS, if it has then you can file the I-90 and pay no fee. If the card has been issued and not returned to them then you will need to file the I-90 and pay the fee.

You may also wish to check with your local USPS office if they have any undelivered mail for you. Also make sure your Name is clearly displyed on your mailbox as USPS have been known to return mail if the name is not on the Mailbox.

It can take upto 6 months to get a replacement card, but once the I-90 has been filed you can request a I-551 stamp be put in your passport to allow you to work and travel, again your local office can do this just make an infopass appointment. The 1-800 number can not help you with details of card issue and they give wrong info all the time.

Jon

• 2 months later...

Did you checked the status of your case online through your Receipt No.? If so, when it says that they (USCIS) already mailed you the document or your card and you didn't received it and USPS didn't returned it to the USCIS, I guess you have to file the I-90 application again and pay both fees (Base +biometric).

I have this recent issue too. I checked my I-90 case status online and it says production of card or document has been ordered. I made a follow-up twice a week ago since it has been over a month and havnt received my I-90 card replacement and they told me on phone they mailed it last month. I was bitching because it didn't say on the website on my status and did not received a card. I was about to e-file the I-90 again until I came across same problems of i-90 here in this site. I just need to wait for few more months to see if I can received the card because i'll wait til the status on my case online would say that they mail the card already, just like what happened to the previous posting of a member here. She re-filed the i-90 because the hotline USCIS rep. told her that she had to re-file it and report it lost, then 10 weeks after her first card ordered it arrived on the mail and received an email that USCIS sent the card, however she didnt have refund for the base and biometrics for her re-filed i-90.

As far as I know, California and Vermont Service Centers are the ones who have speedy and efficient processing of Immigration, the rests sucks....

Did you checked the status of your case online through your Receipt No.? If so, when it says that they (USCIS) already mailed you the document or your card and you didn't received it and USPS didn't returned it to the USCIS, I guess you have to file the I-90 application again and pay both fees (Base +biometric).

I have this recent issue too. I checked my I-90 case status online and it says production of card or document has been ordered. I made a follow-up twice a week ago since it has been over a month and havnt received my I-90 card replacement and they told me on phone they mailed it last month. I was bitching because it didn't say on the website on my status and did not received a card. I was about to e-file the I-90 again until I came across same problems of i-90 here in this site. I just need to wait for few more months to see if I can received the card because i'll wait til the status on my case online would say that they mail the card already, just like what happened to the previous posting of a member here. She re-filed the i-90 because the hotline USCIS rep. told her that she had to re-file it and report it lost, then 10 weeks after her first card ordered it arrived on the mail and received an email that USCIS sent the card, however she didnt have refund for the base and biometrics for her re-filed i-90.

As far as I know, California and Vermont Service Centers are the ones who have speedy and efficient processing of Immigration, the rests sucks....

Now would be the time to contact your congressman/senator about the issue with not receiving the GC and if you have not moved. I was one of the posters who never received the first GC (DCF/CR1) and I ended up getting it without paying again for it but only after raising an issue with my husband's congressman. It took one failed attempt and one successful one (both with the direction of congressman's aide) before I finally received the GC close to a year since I entered the US.

BTW, cards are produced in Mesquite, TX, not Vermont or California.

I hope you get your GC soon without having to pay again for it.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

• 5 months later...

Now would be the time to contact your congressman/senator about the issue with not receiving the GC and if you have not moved. I was one of the posters who never received the first GC (DCF/CR1) and I ended up getting it without paying again for it but only after raising an issue with my husband's congressman. It took one failed attempt and one successful one (both with the direction of congressman's aide) before I finally received the GC close to a year since I entered the US.

BTW, cards are produced in Mesquite, TX, not Vermont or California.

I hope you get your GC soon without having to pay again for it.

Well a bit of an update... We spent a good month contacting our congressman (Ed Perlmutter). Someone on thier staff in DC was helping us look into the issue. Apparently he had an entire dept. that does nothing but imigration services work. Unfortunately the person working on it basically came to the conclusion that there is nothing that can be done because for all they know we were the one's who stole it and sold it to someone or something. Seriously? #######? Not only that, but there aren't even any other shipping methods asside from the one they provide which has zero tracking or insurance.

So... we paid both fees and went the thru the I90 process. That was 3 months ago. We called last week and they sent it was in process. He didn't know, wouldn't explain what that meant. Asked to talk to a supervisor and that person said he can't tell whether it's been sent or not yet and that we need to wait the whole 120 days before looking into it. And PS, if we don't recieve it, that means it was likely lost or stolen and we can process an I90. I about reached thru the phone and cut his tounge out.

If this happens two times in a row I'll give up and go back to CA. I think my spouse is angry enough to come to. At least their imigration process isn't completely corrupt. I'm starting to suspect some serious fraud maybe within USCIS. I can't express how much I hate them. I'm starting to think like an American citizen now and hiring a lawyer to sue USCIS. Ok ok... I'll wait another month. But then you'll see me on TV cause I'm calling FOX and CNN to tell them that USCIS has been stealing my green card and selling it on the black market. lol

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Wow... what a horribly unfortunate situation. Please keep us updated on this. It would be such a shame for you to return home based on some terrible clerical / delivery errors. I just hope nobody did steal it, because their crime could negatively impact your situation to an even greater degree.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.