Bulanglang

sworn statements I-175 application

7 posts in this topic

unsure: Do they really are required to testify the affidavit they are sworned in??? I am referring to the sworn affidavits sumitted for I-175 application.

Anybody has this kind of experience?

Thanks for your reply.

Applied on a Waiver I-751:

• Application sent ............................................08-20-2008
  • Application received by CSC............................. 08-21-2008
  • Checks cashed by CSC.....................................08-25-2008
  • NOA1 - 1 year extension..................................08-26-2008
  • Verification letter of inclusion (son) I-751.........08-27-2008
  • NOA2 - Biometrics appoinment.........................09-26-2008
  • Son received NOA1 and biometrics appointment..09-17-2008
  • Son's biometrics...............................................09-27-2008
  • Card production is ordered................................01-26-2009

Waiting is OVER! On to Citizenship Journey!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
The documents should cover, but not limited to,the following examples:

5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

The documents should cover, but not limited to,the following examples:

5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf

Thanks for the info - I know that it was stated on the instruction. But I just wanted to know if there are people have been called to testify to this - regarding their affidavit. I just wanted to know if it did happened or if they just received a call from the immigration office to verify their statement on their affidavits.

Thanks again.

Applied on a Waiver I-751:

• Application sent ............................................08-20-2008
  • Application received by CSC............................. 08-21-2008
  • Checks cashed by CSC.....................................08-25-2008
  • NOA1 - 1 year extension..................................08-26-2008
  • Verification letter of inclusion (son) I-751.........08-27-2008
  • NOA2 - Biometrics appoinment.........................09-26-2008
  • Son received NOA1 and biometrics appointment..09-17-2008
  • Son's biometrics...............................................09-27-2008
  • Card production is ordered................................01-26-2009

Waiting is OVER! On to Citizenship Journey!

Filed: Timeline

hi there,

I am also puttign together my package these days. However i am not going to include these sworn statements. We have moved to a new place and i dont knwo many people over here. some family relatives lives in others states. so my questions is , will there be any problem if i dont send in these sworn statements.

Thanks.

N400

Date Filed : June 9, 2009

NOA Date : June 18, 2009

Bio. Appt. : July 22, 2009

Interview : Sept 22, 2009 *Approved*

Oath : Sept 30, 2009

Applied Passport : Sept 30. 2009

Received passport: Oct 07, 2009

Some people here on this forum were approved without affidevits.

We have not included because our lawyer said that we should not. Maybe other lawyers have other opinion, I dont know. But mine been an immigration lawyer for about 20 years. Lawyers on other immigration forums are advising against it too. So, we did not bother. We were told that we have to prove shared residence and comingled finances. We were told that on the list of evidence, the affidevits are viewed as a weakest.

So, to me if you have other docs-dont bother.

PS: dont forget, that many regular USC would not want to write anything because "they afraid to deal with any gov agency in any way"; some would ask to talk to a lawyer to see if this affidevit might hunt them somehow in future.

unsure: Do they really are required to testify the affidavit they are sworned in??? I am referring to the sworn affidavits sumitted for I-175 application.

Anybody has this kind of experience?

Thanks for your reply.

Karina and Tomy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Gee, did we waste our time and the time of our friends? They were more than willing to write the affidavits and have then notarized. I sent them this as a guide.

'An outline of what the USCIS wants is as follows taken from their I-751 application form.

"Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.)

The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following:

Information regarding the person making the affidavit:

His or her full name and address;

Date and place of birth;

Relationship to you or your spouse, if any;

Full information and complete details explaining how the

person acquired his or her knowledge.

Affidavits must be

supported by other types of evidence listed above."

Here is a sample letter I found on the web:

*Full Name*

*Address*

*Phone Number*

8-31-03

To whom it may concern:

My date of birth is xx-xx-xx, and I was born in town, state. I have known Jennie xxxxx since March 2001. I first met her at a family dinner at a local restaurant. I attended her wedding to Benjamin xxxxx in August 2001. I see Jennie regularly at family events and holidays. I have spent the past three 4th of July celebrations with Jennie and Benjamin watching fireworks. I have helped them move into their first apartment in 2001 and recently into their new home in June 2003. They have worked hard together to make this home their home. They are happily married and looking forward to their years ahead.

Sincerely,

*Signature*"

We or our friends never heard anything from the USCIS, just after waiting some 14 months, the green cards came in the mail, they asked for two, we sent in four, and if that made any difference, really don't know, could have sent in a hundred.

My wife, the alien from outer space as I call her, LOL, doesn't come to these boards, but is meeting one person after the other from her home country she likes to chat with. All had some negative experiences, either lost their application or were called in due to lack of evidence, we didn't experience any of that.

If I learn anything interesting from this board, and that I have, share that with my wife, in like manner, she shared the experience of her friends, in the preparation of our I-751, we tried to avoid all that. We did.

Just curious-where your friends "born and raised" in US and with parents born and raised in US?

I guess for people in touch with other cultures it is not a problem. My girlfriend signed one offidavit without even meeting the wife of a guy-she just felt so soory for "his need to get a 3d affidavit".

But I read on this forum that some parents-in-law refused to prepare it since they did not want to deal with CIS. Other friend of mine told me that the neighbour asked to pay for a lawyer consultation before he would prepare affidavit.

So, I would take your friends to a restaurant :thumbs:

Gee, did we waste our time and the time of our friends? They were more than willing to write the affidavits and have then notarized. I sent them this as a guide.

'An outline of what the USCIS wants is as follows taken from their I-751 application form.

"Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.)

The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following:

Information regarding the person making the affidavit:

His or her full name and address;

Date and place of birth;

Relationship to you or your spouse, if any;

Full information and complete details explaining how the

person acquired his or her knowledge.

Affidavits must be

supported by other types of evidence listed above."

Here is a sample letter I found on the web:

*Full Name*

*Address*

*Phone Number*

8-31-03

To whom it may concern:

My date of birth is xx-xx-xx, and I was born in town, state. I have known Jennie xxxxx since March 2001. I first met her at a family dinner at a local restaurant. I attended her wedding to Benjamin xxxxx in August 2001. I see Jennie regularly at family events and holidays. I have spent the past three 4th of July celebrations with Jennie and Benjamin watching fireworks. I have helped them move into their first apartment in 2001 and recently into their new home in June 2003. They have worked hard together to make this home their home. They are happily married and looking forward to their years ahead.

Sincerely,

*Signature*"

We or our friends never heard anything from the USCIS, just after waiting some 14 months, the green cards came in the mail, they asked for two, we sent in four, and if that made any difference, really don't know, could have sent in a hundred.

My wife, the alien from outer space as I call her, LOL, doesn't come to these boards, but is meeting one person after the other from her home country she likes to chat with. All had some negative experiences, either lost their application or were called in due to lack of evidence, we didn't experience any of that.

If I learn anything interesting from this board, and that I have, share that with my wife, in like manner, she shared the experience of her friends, in the preparation of our I-751, we tried to avoid all that. We did.

Karina and Tomy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.