VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      Affiliates     Members

Latest VJ Member Visa Approvals - Congratulations!

blank avatarAmanda & Justin
K1 Visa
Canada
E & E
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarReade & Natalie
K1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarLee & Trang
K1 Visa
Vietnam
Gloria & Adrian
K1 Visa
Guatemala
Ddc & Jaw
K1 Visa
India
Amanda & Charlie
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarEric & Jacky
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
El Salvador
blank avatarP & C
K1 Visa
New Zealand
Bryant & Sofia
K1 Visa
Argentina

• Please log in to reply

I-765 Help with question "Which USCIS Office"

#1 Krisnet55

Krisnet55

• PipPip

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:23 AM

In the form I-765 it asks on the first page " Which USCIS office? ". What is the correct answer if any. I am filing all the forums together I-130, G-325A, I-485 etc etc. Now to my understanding all these can be sent together, right?

#2 malego77

malego77

Gold Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:39 AM

This part is for question 11Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS? If your answer is not. You can left it empty.
I left it blank. I765 example
Have a nice day

Edited by malego77, 18 May 2008 - 10:42 AM.

#3 Krisnet55

Krisnet55

• PipPip

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (malego77 @ May 18 2008, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This part is for question 11Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS? If your answer is not. You can left it empty.
Have a nice day

Ohhhhhhhhhh ok I get. Thanks a lot. It was driving me nuts

#4 Degrizz

Degrizz

• PipPip

• Group: Members
  • Filed for: K-1 Visa

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

Oh for Pete sake! I had the same problem. Who right these things?

#5 sming

sming

• Pip

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (malego77 @ May 18 2008, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have a nice day

Hi there,
I messed up my original I-765 (filed with I-485) because I used an outdated version and I just got a Rejection Notice for it. So I am now filling out the up to date version of the I-765 form.

I figure that I should say "Yes" to "Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?". However, I am unsure what to put for the "Which USCIS Office?" question. I live in NYC and so my instinct was to put "New York". However I filed the I-485 packet (which had the I-765 in it) to the Chicago P.O. Box. Hence my hesitation...

Any assistance would be gratefully received,
thanks,
Pete

#6 sming

sming

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (sming @ May 6 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there,
I messed up my original I-765 (filed with I-485) because I used an outdated version and I just got a Rejection Notice for it. So I am now filling out the up to date version of the I-765 form.

I figure that I should say "Yes" to "Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?". However, I am unsure what to put for the "Which USCIS Office?" question. I live in NYC and so my instinct was to put "New York". However I filed the I-485 packet (which had the I-765 in it) to the Chicago P.O. Box. Hence my hesitation...

thanks,
Pete

anyone have any ideas? It would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Pete

#7 Bobby+Umit

Bobby+Umit

Amor Vincit Omnia

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (sming @ May 8 2009, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (sming @ May 6 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there,

thanks,
Pete

anyone have any ideas? It would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Pete

You would put the office where you filed the application to - in your case - Chicago. (with your original package - correct?)
My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

#8 sming

sming

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (Bobby_Umit @ May 8 2009, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You would put the office where you filed the application to - in your case - Chicago. (with your original package - correct?)

correct - thanks so much!
Pete

Back to Top ↑

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.