nuggets321

Day 13 and counting

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thurs Feb 1 - travel Colorado to El Paso to Cuidad Juarez

Friday Feb 2- medical exam 0600am  Fingerprinting 2:00 pm  3:00pm pick up medical results

Saturday Feb 3 - Waiting in/around hotel

Sunday Feb 4 - Waiting in/around hotel

Monday Feb 5- waiting in/around hotel (national holiday)

Tuesday Feb 6- waiting in/around hotel

Wed Feb 7- 09:15 Interview (approved) exited building 4.5 hrs after interview time

Thursday Feb 8 - waiting in/around hotel (CEAC updated to "issued")

Friday Feb 9- waiting in/around hotel

Sat Feb 10- waiting in/around hotel

Sunday Feb 11- waiting in/around hotel

Monday Feb 12- waiting in/around hotel

Tuesday Feb 13- waiting in/around hotel still.....

I share this as I thought it important that people allow some extra time in planning before and AFTER the interview.(no matter which consulate you are going to have interview at)  I thought we were in good shape as many have said they get their visa packets pretty quick after their interview approvals. (even our legal  counsel advised us 2-3 days post interview) I saw it as a max trip of 8 days yet after 13 days away from work , I am finding this not to be true. I have watched MANY people basically get "kicked out" of their hotel rooms (which happens to us tomorrow btw) while waiting. I share this with you all that are in the planning stages of your trips (time away from work, hotel reservations, money planning, etc) Keep in mind that this was a straightforward case with NO complications. The packet issuance doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it ? We are still here yet have seen people receive their packets that interviewed after my wife.

If your case is put in AP you might even wait few months. 

Is that customary for the embassy in your country? People always stay in hotels waiting? Uh why not have it delivered home? By mail.  I never heard avout anyone just waiting around the hotel/embassy. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

I even looked up your embassy. You can have it delivered by DHL.  :o

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Roel said:

If your case is put in AP you might even wait few months. 

Is that customary for the embassy in your country? People always stay in hotels waiting? Uh why not have it delivered home? By mail.  I never heard avout anyone just waiting around the hotel/embassy. 

NOT in admin processing and visa was printed and listed on CEAC as "printed and issued" on Feb 9...

Timeline
1 minute ago, nuggets321 said:

NOT in admin processing and visa was printed and listed on CEAC as "printed and issued" on Feb 9...

That is rather unusual, thank you for the advice. Can you track it and see where it might be?

Timeline
Just now, CA1515 said:

That is rather unusual, thank you for the advice. Can you track it and see where it might be?

I actually walked over to the US Consulate CDJ this morning and the people at the information window said THEY DONT EVEN have a tracking number but that it has left the building ??

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Roel said:

I even looked up your embassy. You can have it delivered by DHL.  :o

The issue is that my wife HAS TO have to packet for her to cross over legally.

Timeline
3 hours ago, nuggets321 said:

I actually walked over to the US Consulate CDJ this morning and the people at the information window said THEY DONT EVEN have a tracking number but that it has left the building ??

That is ridiculous, you should have gotten a tracking number. i have friends who just came back from CDJ and that is how they were able to track their visa. They got it within 3-5 days at the most. Try calling them.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, CA1515 said:

That is ridiculous, you should have gotten a tracking number. i have friends who just came back from CDJ and that is how they were able to track their visa. They got it within 3-5 days at the most. Try calling them.

try calling who ??  I have tried calling the consulate and just get an endless loop of push # for this, push number for that....

Timeline
12 minutes ago, nuggets321 said:

try calling who ??  I have tried calling the consulate and just get an endless loop of push # for this, push number for that....

For the pickup location did you choose a DHL location?

Timeline
1 minute ago, CA1515 said:

For the pickup location did you choose a DHL location?

When I registered for fingerprinting and packet pickup the ASC center was the only option for CDJ. I have logged into the system and it even still shows ASC as delivery point. My wife and I and our 3 year old go over there twice/day and check in the event the email doesn't come (which I have read happens frequently)

Hi nuggets - I never post in forums, but my husband is in a similar situation - waiting since Weds.

When he did his fingerprints, they gave him a white paper with 2 phone numbers, and an explanation of which numbers to choose from the menus in order to get a person. I have been calling the Juarez number a few times a day. We still don’t have a tracking number either, but you can get a person to talk to.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, WaitingCDJ said:

Hi nuggets - I never post in forums, but my husband is in a similar situation - waiting since Weds.

When he did his fingerprints, they gave him a white paper with 2 phone numbers, and an explanation of which numbers to choose from the menus in order to get a person. I have been calling the Juarez number a few times a day. We still don’t have a tracking number either, but you can get a person to talk to.

My wife never got anything like that... she only got a small square sheet of paper that listed how to register for the courier service which we had already done when  scheduling fingerprinting ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.