30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My interview was held at the embassy in Accra and My Visa has been approved. I have created the profile as requested. What is next? How long will it take to get my passport back with the visa?  Will I be given other documents apart from the passport?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

First of all congratulations especially since that is a very difficult embassy

you will be given a packet that you must not open / it is to be turned in at your first POE (port of entry) here in the US when you go thru customs and immigraiton

you have no timeline so i hope married longer than 2 years to post that it wil be an IR1 

green card is then for 10 years instead of 2 / ours came about 6 weeks after entry

as for visa,  i am sure Ghana people will answer / you are only waiting now for the packet to be prepared 

Timeline
On 1/18/2018 at 6:05 PM, kris&me said:

First of all congratulations especially since that is a very difficult embassy

you will be given a packet that you must not open / it is to be turned in at your first POE (port of entry) here in the US when you go thru customs and immigraiton

you have no timeline so i hope married longer than 2 years to post that it wil be an IR1 

green card is then for 10 years instead of 2 / ours came about 6 weeks after entry

as for visa,  i am sure Ghana people will answer / you are only waiting now for the packet to be prepared 

Is it possible to tell how long I have to wait to have my passport back with the packet? Can ghanaian who has gone through this help? How long did it take to get the packet? 

Timeline
On 1/18/2018 at 4:24 PM, Hellat said:

My interview was held at the embassy in Accra and My Visa has been approved. I have created the profile as requested. What is next? How long will it take to get my passport back with the visa?  Will I be given other documents apart from the passport?

I am in the same situation. Went for my interview on January 8, 2018. Visa was approved. Is been 2 weeks now and I’m still waiting. I already had a profile so I didn’t have to create it again.

I went to the DHL collection center today 01/22/18 and I was told they don’t have a status for my passport so I should go to the US Embassy to check on it. This is just too frustrating. How long is it going to take before Visa is issued so I can pick up my passport?

On the other hand, I read other people stories of them getting their Visa/Passports within 2 weeks after their Visa’s has been approved at their interviews.

Timeline
22 hours ago, Mach001 said:

I am in the same situation. Went for my interview on January 8, 2018. Visa was approved. Is been 2 weeks now and I’m still waiting. I already had a profile so I didn’t have to create it again.

I went to the DHL collection center today 01/22/18 and I was told they don’t have a status for my passport so I should go to the US Embassy to check on it. This is just too frustrating. How long is it going to take before Visa is issued so I can pick up my passport?

On the other hand, I read other people stories of them getting their Visa/Passports within 2 weeks after their Visa’s has been approved at their interviews.

Did you check the status online before going? If yes, how did you do it? I just DHL and I was told that if you check online and the status says "issued", wait till like a week before going to DHL

Timeline
On 1/22/2018 at 4:42 PM, Mach001 said:

Hmmmm...please let me know when you get any feedback on it..this is too frustrating

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hellat said:

Hmmmm...please let me know when you get any feedback on it..this is too frustrating

Yes I have some updates and is very interesting. So I sent an email to the US Ghana Embassy about my case as to why it was delaying for me to get my visa issued and for me to pick up my passport at the DHL collection center since I had my interview on 08Jan2018

Note: My interview was a follow up one after my waiver I212/I601 was approved in Nov 2017

I got a reply from the US Embassy this Tuesday 1/23 stating that they checked my case notes and that my case officer told me during my interview on 08Jan2018 to bring certain ducuments before he can bring my case to a conclusion. And that I am to drop off the requested docs to the DHL center to be delivered to the U.S Embassy.

This is all funny business because the only thing I can think of is that my case officer forgot to update my case file after the end of my interview on 08Jan2018. This is because I already had those requested documents with me during the interview ( police certificate, medical exam and affidavits of support form) and when the case officer requested for them, I gave them to him.

He then told me that he has some further checks to do and that he also now has all the information he needs to bring my case to a conclusion and approve/grant me the Visa. He also took my passport.

He then proceeded and gave me the COLLECTING YOUR ISSUED U.S. IMMIGRANT VISA form and told me to create an account if I already don't have one and to wait a few weeks to collect my VISA/PASSPORT at the DHL Collection.

I have emailed the U.S Ghana Embassy back with this info and I am still waiting for a response. I am keeping my fingers crossed and still praying that they will fix this error with my case officer and issue my Visa accordingly so I can pick up my passport soon. 

This process continues to be to be a total nightmare even after finishing my interview, and Visa approved and I’m thinking oh all the hard work is done.. oh boy I thought wrong.. anyways I’m happy for those who are not facing any issues and only God knows why some of these issues happens to some folks and I pray and I know that at the end of the tunnel, there will always be light.

Let’s continue to pray so that this process gets better for everyone because I will not like to see anyone go through what I am going through now. 🙏🏾

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mach001 said:

Yes I have some updates and is very interesting. So I sent an email to the US Ghana Embassy about my case as to why it was delaying for me to get my visa issued and for me to pick up my passport at the DHL collection center since I had my interview on 08Jan2018

Note: My interview was a follow up one after my waiver I212/I601 was approved in Nov 2017

I got a reply from the US Embassy this Tuesday 1/23 stating that they checked my case notes and that my case officer told me during my interview on 08Jan2018 to bring certain ducuments before he can bring my case to a conclusion. And that I am to drop off the requested docs to the DHL center to be delivered to the U.S Embassy.

This is all funny business because the only thing I can think of is that my case officer forgot to update my case file after the end of my interview on 08Jan2018. This is because I already had those requested documents with me during the interview ( police certificate, medical exam and affidavits of support form) and when the case officer requested for them, I gave them to him.

He then told me that he has some further checks to do and that he also now has all the information he needs to bring my case to a conclusion and approve/grant me the Visa. He also took my passport.

He then proceeded and gave me the COLLECTING YOUR ISSUED U.S. IMMIGRANT VISA form and told me to create an account if I already don't have one and to wait a few weeks to collect my VISA/PASSPORT at the DHL Collection.

I have emailed the U.S Ghana Embassy back with this info and I am still waiting for a response. I am keeping my fingers crossed and still praying that they will fix this error with my case officer and issue my Visa accordingly so I can pick up my passport soon. 

This process continues to be to be a total nightmare even after finishing my interview, and Visa approved and I’m thinking oh all the hard work is done.. oh boy I thought wrong.. anyways I’m happy for those who are not facing any issues and only God knows why some of these issues happens to some folks and I pray and I know that at the end of the tunnel, there will always be light.

Let’s continue to pray so that this process gets better for everyone because I will not like to see anyone go through what I am going through now. 🙏🏾

Wow this is dicey but am sure all will be sorted out. I would like to know, did you ever check the status on the ceac link?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hellat said:

Wow this is dicey but am sure all will be sorted out. I would like to know, did you ever check the status on the ceac link?

Yes I did.. it still says Refused on 08Jan2018 after my interview. It was recently updated on 23Jan2018 but the status still says Refused.

I’m just waiting for the issue to be resolved so the status can finally change to Issued. I don’t really know what is going on at the U.S Ghana Embassy. Are they short staffed? Is funny because some people gets their visa issued immediately after their visa is approved at their interview.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mach001 said:

Yes I did.. it still says Refused on 08Jan2018 after my interview. It was recently updated on 23Jan2018 but the status still says Refused.

I’m just waiting for the issue to be resolved so the status can finally change to Issued. I don’t really know what is going on at the U.S Ghana Embassy. Are they short staffed? Is funny because some people gets their visa issued immediately after their visa is approved at their interview.

Hmmm... Dont worry dear... Am very sure everything will be fine. Mine changed to issued right after the interview but I have still not had any test from DHL. Don't know if I should go there or wait for the test

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.