5 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone, I married to a LPR in 2013, my husband apply b2 visa for me in 2014 and visited USA on 2015 i stayed there for 6 month came back to home country for a month and then I visited my husband after one month again.. when I reached there 2nd time after one month i got pregnant and pregnancy was at high risk Dr said I dnt travel.. So he written a official letter that I dnt travel and we applied for extension to and it got approved and I deliver a baby there who's USA citizen, so my second visit is for 1 year after coming back to home country in 2016 dec with husband. My husband stayed 2 months with me and he went back janaury 2017 after reached to usa he immigetly applied my immigration process under f2a on 27th janaury 2017 . After two month i got a call from embassy that I am scheduled a re interview at the embassy so I went there. When I reached they call me in a private room asked me all the details and than revoked my b2 visa I asked them the reason they told u have different circumstances now. I ask them again is this because we applied for a immigration process she said yea it is but u have different circumstances now.. So now I am waiting for the process in my home country. My question is that my case is as normal case as yours or i will get any difficulties on the interview.. I mean I m just nervous i didn't stay illegal we have evidence like ducoments.. can u guys put your input will be thnkful for u as I am nervous... TIA

8 hours ago, SaniAli said:

I mean I m just nervous i didn't stay illegal we have evidence like ducoments.. can u guys put your input will be thnkful for u as I am nervous... TIA

It's normal to be nervous. You have to be prepared for questions related to that. This is not a normal case, but you shouldn't stress about it.

In my opinion, as long as you proved you were honest during your stay (you didn't, work, etc.) they can put some pressure, but you actually did the right thing. As some in these forums have pointed out, they want to see you have a real relationship, and unfortunatelly, it's with documents and evidence that they usually want that to be achieved.

What indeed could have made them call you for the embassy could actually have been that you only stayed in your country 1 month between these two long trips, however, you could point out that it was never your intention to stay that long on the second trip. Specially that you weren't planning on getting pregnant.

If your husband had applied for citizenship after you filed on Jan 2017, your case could have been completed. Right now citizenship is taking a while longer, so either your case or the citizenship could get through first.

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

Timeline
On 1/16/2018 at 9:19 PM, Tenreyro said:

It's normal to be nervous. You have to be prepared for questions related to that. This is not a normal case, but you shouldn't stress about it.

In my opinion, as long as you proved you were honest during your stay (you didn't, work, etc.) they can put some pressure, but you actually did the right thing. As some in these forums have pointed out, they want to see you have a real relationship, and unfortunatelly, it's with documents and evidence that they usually want that to be achieved.

What indeed could have made them call you for the embassy could actually have been that you only stayed in your country 1 month between these two long trips, however, you could point out that it was never your intention to stay that long on the second trip. Specially that you weren't planning on getting pregnant.

If your husband had applied for citizenship after you filed on Jan 2017, your case could have been completed. Right now citizenship is taking a while longer, so either your case or the citizenship could get through first.

Exactly if he apply for the citizen ship it will be complete on Dec or nov or may be janaury 2019.. and so the case of mine too.. lets see what happen.. 

Edited by SaniAli

Given the travel history together with the immigrant application it’s easy to see why the B visa was revoked in these circumstances - it looks like they just want to be sure that you’ll wait in your home country to complete visa processing. 

On 1/16/2018 at 8:19 AM, Tenreyro said:

I didn’t see anything in OP’s post indicating he would have been able to apply for citizenship by then? Not that it makes a difference now.

Timeline
9 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Given the travel history together with the immigrant application it’s easy to see why the B visa was revoked in these circumstances - it looks like they just want to be sure that you’ll wait in your home country to complete visa processing. 

I didn’t see anything in OP’s post indicating he would have been able to apply for citizenship by then? Not that it makes a difference now.

He will eligible for citizen ship in June 2018.. So he will apply and will got citizen ship in one year as we can see other cases.. So there is no use of

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.