Zaynab Fatai

NVC processing duration for form 1-130

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone, 

After so much delay from USCIS Nebraska Centre where my husband filed form 1-130 since November 18, 2016. Finally we got NOA2, approval notice on October 16, 2017. We were told our case has been approved and moved to U.S Dept of state National Visa Centre for further processing. 

Hence, I will love to find out and be educated on how long it will take to get a response from NVC, the processing involved and the duration it will take for us to get an interview date. 

Please kindly put us through so we don't make any mistake, I'll be glad. 

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Zaynab Fatai said:

Hello Everyone, 

After so much delay from USCIS Nebraska Centre where my husband filed form 1-130 since November 18, 2016. Finally we got NOA2, approval notice on October 16, 2017. We were told our case has been approved and moved to U.S Dept of state National Visa Centre for further processing. 

Hence, I will love to find out and be educated on how long it will take to get a response from NVC, the processing involved and the duration it will take for us to get an interview date. 

Thanks!

you can call NVC a week later to get your case number and invoice number. You can also start going through following link

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, mrahman14 said:

you can call NVC a week later to get your case number and invoice number. You can also start going through following link

Thanks and Regards!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zaynab Fatai said:

Hello Everyone, 

Thanks!

**Duplicate thread deleted. Please only post the same question once and allow others to answer. Thank you**

To your question:

Congratulations on the approval . Okay timeline first in 2 weeks you need to start calling NVC asking for case#. Call until you get it. It can take up to 4 weeks to get case #.
Then the processing begins. If you expect to get through NVC faster you must be proactive and move and not wait around on NVC.
Once you pay the AOS fee send in documents. Once they receive it's 8 to 11 weeks (More 11 weeks) of processing.
So figure you get Case number 2nd week of November. And you send in documents by end of November expect case complete if no issues by February. Then it's 30 to 60 days after case complete for interview. So maybe you will be in the April or May interview queue.

Read the NVC process wiki I have here and read up. Start getting your documents together and everything you need to there is no delay.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
46 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

**Duplicate thread deleted. Please only post the same question once and allow others to answer. Thank you**

To your question:

Congratulations on the approval . Okay timeline first in 2 weeks you need to start calling NVC asking for case#. Call until you get it. It can take up to 4 weeks to get case #.
Then the processing begins. If you expect to get through NVC faster you must be proactive and move and not wait around on NVC.
Once you pay the AOS fee send in documents. Once they receive it's 8 to 11 weeks (More 11 weeks) of processing.
So figure you get Case number 2nd week of November. And you send in documents by end of November expect case complete if no issues by February. Then it's 30 to 60 days after case complete for interview. So maybe you will be in the April or May interview queue.

Read the NVC process wiki I have here and read up. Start getting your documents together and everything you need to there is no delay.

Oh k thank you so much! Regards

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.