5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! We moved few weeks ago after I received my green card and also changed my address online, I was reading my paperworks and read that you have to file I-865 whenever the sponsor changes his address. Does my husband/sponsor really have to file it even if I got my 2 year green card? And is it okay if we filed a week late?

Edited by Réina17

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes. Your sponsor is required to file changes of address until the agreement is terminated by you: becoming a US citizen, completing 40 quarters of work, abandoning LPR status, being deported, or dying. He's supposed to file within 30 days.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, broppy said:

Yes. Your sponsor is required to file changes of address until the agreement is terminated by you: becoming a US citizen, completing 40 quarters of work, abandoning LPR status, being deported, or dying. He's supposed to file within 30 days.

We didn't really know that he had to. Do you just mail the form?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Réina17 said:

We didn't really know that he had to.

You're not alone. I'm sure most sponsors aren't aware.

11 minutes ago, Réina17 said:

Do you just mail the form?

Yup. USCIS suggests keeping a copy for your own records and proof of mailing/receipt (in the million to one chance they lose the paperwork and decide to come after him for not filing for some reason). 

Timeline
1 minute ago, broppy said:

You're not alone. I'm sure most sponsors aren't aware.

Yup. USCIS suggests keeping a copy for your own records and proof of mailing/receipt (in the million to one chance they lose the paperwork and decide to come after him for not filing for some reason). 

Thank you very very much! You are such a big help!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.