Goldfish_0529

PACKET 3 or ELIGIBILITY LETTER FROM USA EMBASSY-UAE

65 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone.. We are currently processing K1. We are still in the early stage of the K1 process. I just want to gather as much as possible information before I will make a decision to resign from my current job (we need 3 months notice). As far as what I have researched online, the US Embassy in UAE will give first my petitioner an Eligibility letter or known as Packet 3 before I can go and schedule for an interview. Now my question is, is it necessary to wait for the packet 3 to arrive before I schedule and interview and will gather all the requirements needed for the interview? Or As long as the status online is "READY" I can go ahead with the scheduling? TIA

event.png

Immigration Journey 🇵🇭  to 🇺🇸  :

i -129f completion : July 28, 2018

i - 485 completion: June 28, 2019

i - 751 completion: ---pending----

N-400 completion: ---pending----

1 hour ago, Xie_xong said:

Hi Everyone.. We are currently processing K1. We are still in the early stage of the K1 process. I just want to gather as much as possible information before I will make a decision to resign from my current job (we need 3 months notice). As far as what I have researched online, the US Embassy in UAE will give first my petitioner an Eligibility letter or known as Packet 3 before I can go and schedule for an interview. Now my question is, is it necessary to wait for the packet 3 to arrive before I schedule and interview and will gather all the requirements needed for the interview? Or As long as the status online is "READY" I can go ahead with the scheduling? TIA

Hi good morning.

There were a few of filers who got their Packet 3 from the embassy and a few who didn't. My case shows "READY" 3 days ago. Someone has suggested me to wait for the response from our lawyer. Although, she sent me a copy of the Packet 3 through email. You can wait for the Packet 3 if you want but based on those filers who got approved most of them still did not receive it. You can also email the embassy once CEAC shows ready (i will try and email them after a week and i will give you a feedback). 

They also suggested me not to quit my job until the interview and the final verdict is done. 

K1 Visa Issued:             10-10-2017

----------------------------------------------------

AOS

I-485 Sent :                    01-16-2018

USCIS Received Date:  01-22-2018

Notice Date:                   01-25-2018

Biometrics Appt:           02-20-2018

Interview Appt:              05-07-2018 (Approved on the spot)

I-797 Notice:                  05-08-2018

1 hour ago, jaybeltisroy said:

Hi good morning.

There were a few of filers who got their Packet 3 from the embassy and a few who didn't. My case shows "READY" 3 days ago. Someone has suggested me to wait for the response from our lawyer. Although, she sent me a copy of the Packet 3 through email. You can wait for the Packet 3 if you want but based on those filers who got approved most of them still did not receive it. You can also email the embassy once CEAC shows ready (i will try and email them after a week and i will give you a feedback). --thanks! 

They also suggested me not to quit my job until the interview and the final verdict is done. 

Hi!....As what I have understood you have a copy of the Packet 3 but this copy of Packet 3 is not yours right? Does the main reason why we need to wait for packet 3 is to make sure that your file is in Abu Dhabi right? As to what i understood also is that (correct me if I am wrong) I may not be able to request for UAE Police clearance if I don't have a letter from the requesting party:(

event.png

2 minutes ago, Xie_xong said:

Hi!....As what I have understood you have a copy of the Packet 3 but this copy of Packet 3 is not yours right? Does the main reason why we need to wait for packet 3 is to make sure that your file is in Abu Dhabi right? As to what i understood also is that (correct me if I am wrong) I may not be able to request for UAE Police clearance if I don't have a letter from the requesting party:(

yes the packet 3 was only forwarded to my by a filipina (who did not receive her packet 3 until now even if she was apporved). I still have to wait for a response from our lawyer about packet 3 or email the embassy if it is past 2 weeks. We received a letter from NVC stating that they will now forward our case to Abu Dhabi along with the case number. You have to wait for that letter to make sure that your case is forwarded to the correct embassy even if you initially requested it. 

You can request your UAE Police Clearance even without the letter. I suggest you to gather all of your documents once CEAC shows "IN TRANSIT" because the police clearance is only valid for 3 months.

AOS

3 hours ago, Xie_xong said:

It is necessary to wait for that packet 3. Mine came 26 days after the case's status changed to Ready.

The thing is there has been several incidents in the past where applicants went ahead and scheduled the interview without the packet 3 even though they were informed by other fellow K1 filers that it is a requirement. On the day of the interview, they were turned away and were told that their papers are not yet at the embassy.

some people tho pushed for it and were lucky enough to be entertained even without it.

If I were you, I will not take any chances. I WILL WAIT FOR THE PACKET 3 TO COME. It is the same thing I have always advised other people who are processing their case in UAE. I know what i am talking about since that was where I processed mine but some people won't believe me, pushed for it and ended up not being entertained at all.

The process varies from consulate to consulate. Other consulates allow applicants to schedule their interview once the status changes to Ready but not UAE. 

As for the UAE police clearance, you will only need your Emirates ID, payment of 220dhms, a photo and passport copy to get it. You don't need any letter from the embassy or the consulate at all.

Edited by TheSkywalkers

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

@TheSkywalkers did you receive your packet 3 via mail or email? i was planning to send an inquiry if i will not get the packet 3 within 2 weeks.

AOS

1 minute ago, jaybeltisroy said:

@TheSkywalkers did you receive your packet 3 via mail or email? i was planning to send an inquiry if i will not get the packet 3 within 2 weeks.

It was via email. It was sent to my husband (the petitioner) and he just forwarded it to me. Our case became Ready in November 26, 2016 and we got the Packet 3 in December 21, 2016. I called the embassy 4x and spoke to 4 different people and they all told me the same thing: that Packet 3 IS a requirement BEFORE scheduling an interview. They repeatedly told me NOT TO DO ANYTHING until we receive it. 

Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

3 minutes ago, TheSkywalkers said:

It was via email. It was sent to my husband (the petitioner) and he just forwarded it to me. Our case became Ready in November 26, 2016 and we got the Packet 3 in December 21, 2016. I called the embassy 4x and spoke to 4 different people and they all told me the same thing: that Packet 3 IS a requirement BEFORE scheduling an interview. They repeatedly told me NOT TO DO ANYTHING until we receive it. 

thank you for your detailed response. I am still waiting for the feedback from our lawyer. 

AOS

Just now, jaybeltisroy said:

thank you for your detailed response. I am still waiting for the feedback from our lawyer. 

You are welcome!

I think your lawyer would pretty much tell you to wait, too. But I hope it does not take much time for you to get your packet 3 so you can get this over and done with. 

Best of luck!

6 hours ago, TheSkywalkers said:

It is necessary to wait for that packet 3. Mine came 26 days after the case's status changed to Ready.

The thing is there has been several incidents in the past where applicants went ahead and scheduled the interview without the packet 3 even though they were informed by other fellow K1 filers that it is a requirement. On the day of the interview, they were turned away and were told that their papers are not yet at the embassy.

some people tho pushed for it and were lucky enough to be entertained even without it.

If I were you, I will not take any chances. I WILL WAIT FOR THE PACKET 3 TO COME. It is the same thing I have always advised other people who are processing their case in UAE. I know what i am talking about since that was where I processed mine but some people won't believe me, pushed for it and ended up not being entertained at all.

The process varies from consulate to consulate. Other consulates allow applicants to schedule their interview once the status changes to Ready but not UAE. 

As for the UAE police clearance, you will only need your Emirates ID, payment of 220dhms, a photo and passport copy to get it. You don't need any letter from the embassy or the consulate at all.

thanks for the detailed reply..initially I really thought that i need the eligibility letter to apply for UAE police clearance because based on the reciprocity chart:  https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AE.html 

"When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport." But since you guys were able to obtain the police clearance without the letter then I don't have to worry about it then...

Edited by Xie_xong

event.png

We have the same dilemma :( It has been 46 days since our status was "ready" in CEAC. NVC letter came as well last July 17. We're now very anxious 😞 How long do we have to wait for this letter.. Our NOA2 is going to expire on October. 

18 minutes ago, Simon&Jen said:

We have the same dilemma :( It has been 46 days since our status was "ready" in CEAC. NVC letter came as well last July 17. We're now very anxious 😞 How long do we have to wait for this letter.. Our NOA2 is going to expire on October. 

:( by any chance did your petitioner check the spam or junk folder of his/her email? maybe it's there? 

Edited by Xie_xong

event.png

Knowing the fact that NOA2 has a validity of only 4 months, can there be chances that the embassy would extend the validity of the NOA2 since the applicant might not be able to schedule the interview since they need to wait for the Packet 3 to arrive?

event.png

1 hour ago, Xie_xong said:

Knowing the fact that NOA2 has a validity of only 4 months, can there be chances that the embassy would extend the validity of the NOA2 since the applicant might not be able to schedule the interview since they need to wait for the Packet 3 to arrive?

NOA2 is automatically extended to another 4 months if there was no action made by the applicant to get the medical done and interview conducted. So if you do not receive your packet 3 on the date when the NOA2 expires, no need to worry, you're still good.

1 hour ago, Simon&Jen said:

NOA2 is automatically extended to 4 months if no action was taken by the applicant within the dates noted on the NOA2.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Giving a 3 months notice may prove to be difficult for you. I would advise you not do anything until you have your visa in hand because you could be denied, or be put in AP for some time. Unless you have savings to live on for some time in case this were to happen. 

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.