JBMG

NVC - August 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

143 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi, thought I would start a thread for those who have a scan date in August - 2017 from the NVC.  

Who should join/follow? Those who filed using Method 4: Mail processing.

Please join the following forums if you used the following methods. (not open to all countries, click on links to find out if your country qualifies) 

NVC CEAC UPLOAD FILERS 2017 

NVC Email Filers 2017

Make sure you read this post from @dwheels76 

NVC PROCESSING TIME

Even though I'm not tracking August Scan Dates on our NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - 2017. You can get a good idea of how long the NVC process will take based on your country.  You can sort the spreadsheet by your country, then see how long it took them to receive a CC or what time of the month they received their interview dates. 

Here are the sort instructions.  

The NVC will tell you they process in the order they receive cases. This may be true but not everyone at the NVC is trained to review cases from all countries.. So this is why you'll see UK getting processed in under 8 weeks, whereas Spanish speaking countries just over 9 weeks.. If you see some cases getting reviewed quickly, that's because they were approved to expedite their case or had a supervisor review their checklist. (more info below)

Join/Follow your PORTAL

Join/follow your country's portal. Can find useful tips and info to help you prepare your NVC package, etc.  PLEASE UPDATE YOUR COUNTRY'S PORTAL IF YOU CAN ADD VALUABLE INFORMATION, SUCH AS "Order Police Records from ---- to avoid a checklist" etc.. 

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/

Interview Reviews

Also, check out what happens at the interview by reading reviews from other NVC filers within your country who have already been through the NVC process. Make sure you add your review as well when you get to that point. :) 

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty

From India? Follow the NVC India forum as well

India - NVC filers

Check your Visa Status

Once you've made it to 7-8 weeks after your scan date, click on the following links to check your IR-1/CR-1 visa case status:

Check My Visa Application Status

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

If it says "At NVC" and your AOS information is missing.. Then you most likely have a completed case (CC)...

See Example

Please call the NVC to confirm.  PLEASE Do not call the NVC before your status changes to "AT NVC", no matter how much you call, it will not speed up the process. Sort the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - 2017 by your country to get an idea of how long it's taking to process. Here are the sort instructions.  

Calling the NVC!

Calling the NVC from outside of the US (or even from within)

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number

NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]

Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am (7h-8h or 23h-24h)

Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)

Time Zone Converter

Menu

Press 1, for English

Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

1, to verify priority date

2, to establish an agent, request fee bill or invoice number

3, to verify that they received your mail

4, to confirm date and time of interview

5, to update your mailing address, phone number, email address

6, if your case is at a US embassy or consulate overseas

7, for all other questions

Checklist info! You can avoid them!! Research RESEARCH RESEARCH!!! 

Here is a forum I started on "How to avoid a checklist. PLEASE check it out. EVEN if you already submitted your NVC paperwork! 

Tips on how to avoid a checklist

Another tip to help you avoid getting a checklist. Do a search on the forum (upper right-hand corner). For example, do the following: 

"Checklist, Birth Certificate, India" 

"Checklist, Police Report, India" 

"Checklist, Marriage Certificate, India" 

"Checklist, India" 

Here are the search results for "Checklist, India" You'll see right away, that there are a lot of checklists from people who didn't submit the correct Police Certificate. 

http://www.visajourney.com/sitesearch/?cx=partner-pub-3407508467788263%3A9725800110&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=Checklist%2C India&sa=Search&siteurl=www.visajourney.com%2F&ref=&ss=2j4j2

IF YOU FOUND OUT THAT YOU'VE SENT IN THE WRONG DOCUMENT OR MISSING ONE, ADVISE SENDING THE CORRECTION ASAP BEFORE WAITING FOR YOUR CASE TO BE REVIEWED.. Others have done so and were still able to get their CC between 8-11 weeks of their original scan date. (if you forgot to put NA/None in the empty spaces on your AOS form, or didn't write your case number on every document you sent in, many received a CC without doing this, it's just a safety measure. If you didn't send in all pages of your AOS /i864 form, that's a BIG error and will receive a checklist, so please send in the entire form, signed (or scanned version of a signature) to the NVC ASAP!! And whenever you send new documents to the NVC, always include your barcoded NVC cover sheet with your case number on it.. And write your case number in the upper right-hand corner and a letter to explain why you're sending it in..  And SEND everything in one envelope. 

There are two types of checklists, one where you can bring your documents to the interview, or the other where you have to resubmit to the NVC

If you have to resubmit to the NVC, there are 2 options you can take. 

One, submit the corrected document(s) in ASAP.. Once the NVC has confirmed that they have receipt.. Wait about a week, call back and ask for a supervisor to get in contact with you.. They may refuse, but it has worked for those that kept on calling.. The goal, to have the supervisor review the new document and give you a CC ASAP versus waiting the 8-11 weeks again. Sometimes it works, most of the time, it does not.. SO be sure to avoid getting a checklist by sending your corrected documents ASAP. 

See these posts.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/636516-nvc-filers-june-2017/?do=findComment&comment=8671473

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/639680-nvc-filers-july-2017/?do=findComment&comment=8681345

Other option: ask for your case to be expedited. This has also worked for others. It's up to your embassy to approve/deny it.. 

How to expedite at NVC?

Go to this link has good information how to go about it.

http://boureypeatnut...m/expedite.html

Print out your ds-260 confirmation

If you haven't printed out your DS-260 confirmation yet. Created the following to help you locate it. You have to bring this to your interview. :)

DS-260 Confirmation Example / Printing Instructions. (Must bring to your interview)

My timeline

Here is my timeline of events to get an idea of the NVC processing. 

3/29/2017 i130 approved  
4/5/2017 USCIS mailed to NVC  
4/11/2017 NVC assigned case number  
4/12/2017 Filled out the ds-261  
4/14/2017 PAID AOS fee  
4/18/2017 - Received Welcome Letter (via email)
- Called NVC to approve DS261
- Paid IV fee

4/19/2017 Mailed out Supporting documents  
4/24/2017 USPS Tracking confirmed that NVC received documents  
4/25/2017 NVC confirmed receipt, scan date  
4/26/2017 submitted the 260 - 11 weeks starts today  
6/20/2017 CEAC status changed to "AT NVC" /AOS info gone - Confirmed CC on the phone  
6/22/2017 Received CKLST COVER LETTER  
6/27/2017 Received CC letter  
6/28/2017 Called NVC, received Interview date - Aug 2  
6/29/2017 Reserved Medical Appointment  
6/30/2017 Received Interview Confirmation Letter (p4)  
7/6/2017 Received Interview Confirmation Letter (p4) AGAIN.

CEAC Status changed to "in transit"

AOS is back and now says in upper right-hand corner
YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT: PARIS (used to say NVC)

7/10/2017 CEAC Status changed to "Ready" (this means, my file has arrived at the Embassy)  
8/2/2017 CEAC Status still "Ready" (But date changed to 8/2/2017, the day of the interview)  
8/3/2017 CEAC Status still "Ready" (But date changed to 8/3/2017)  
8/7/2017 CEAC Status "Adminstrative Processing" (Date changed (case last updated) to 8/7/2017) 11:35 AM
8/7/2017 CEAC Status "ISSUED" (Visa has been printed) 9:00 PM

GIVE AND TAKE :)

The forum works well if we all help one another out, so please share links, advice and be proactive.. Help one another out when you see someone struggling.. It's such a hard/long journey; with some waiting for years... This VJ community wlll be your family of sorts for the following months. Please it's a big thing in the American culture to say "THANK YOU" / give appreciation.. So please thank those that help you. It's nice to give them hearts but also share your appreciation.. Also very important, before posting questions, conduct a search on the forum.. It's in the upper right-hand corner of this page. If you find useful info, share it. :) 

Finally, please refer new people to read the first page of this forum. You can put it in your signature too. Here is the link. :) 

NVC August 2017 Scan Dates

Wish you all good luck!! JBMG

Edited by JBMG

Timeline

Verify your documents!

Here is a VERY USEFUL link to verify if you sent the correct documents to the NVC.. Select your country, then view the menu on the left-hand side.. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/IN.html

Edited by JBMG

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

My SD was 8/8

TIMELINE

29 December 2015 - married in Dominican Republic

USCIS Phase

21 November 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 

22 November 2016 I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

25 November - NOA1 received in the mail

???? - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

????- NOA 2 received in the mail 

????- Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

????- Case received by NVC

???? - NVC case number assigned

???? -  DS-261 Completed Online
???? - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
????- IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
????- DS-260 Completed
???? - AOS and IV package sent

--------------------------------------------------------
??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

Timeline
Just now, larnar1309 said:

Called this morning ! 

Scan date august 9th :) 

yay!! congrats!!! :) wishing you luck.. 

you can add yourself to the spreadsheet if you like. ;) i was supposed to stop tracking them.. but i want to follow your journey as I reached  out to you from the start.. 

Please visit the following, this will update our spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email from "google forms" to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire 

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Thank you, JBMG

===

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other. - Walter Elliot 

10 minutes ago, JBMG said:

yay!! congrats!!! :) wishing you luck.. 

you can add yourself to the spreadsheet if you like. ;) i was supposed to stop tracking them.. but i want to follow your journey as I reached  out to you from the start.. 

Please visit the following, this will update our spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email from "google forms" to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire 

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Thank you, JBMG

===

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other. - Walter Elliot 

Oh you know I have been waiting a long time for this moment ;) hahaha 

its been great journeying with you :) added myself finally!!! :D 

Timeline

NVC COVER Sheet Example:

Here is the cover letter we received. 

Document Cover Sheet

This cover sheet is for case PRS2017XXXxxx.When you send your documents to us, place them in the order

shown below, and put this cover sheet on top. Mark the checkbox [ X ] under Enclosed if you are sending the

document. Mark the checkbox [ X ] under Unavailable if you cannot obtain the document, and include a formal

statement explaining why it is unavailable. Mark the checkbox [ X ] under Not Applicable if the document is not

applicable or not needed for your case.

Order Document Enclosed Unavailable Not Applicable

===============================================================================

1. Document Cover Sheet................................ [ ]

Beneficiary's documents

2. Photocopies of Supporting Documents:

Valid, unexpired passport..................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

Birth Certificate with translation.......... [ ] [ ] [ ] (it says with translation, but this is not true if it's in the embassy's accepted language) 

Adoption Documentation...................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

Marriage Certificate with translation.... [ ] [ ] [ ] (it says with translation, but this is not true if it's in the embassy's accepted language) 

Marriage Termination with translation. [ ] [ ] [ ] (it says with translation, but this is not true if it's in the embassy's accepted language) 

Court Records with translation..............[ ] [ ] [ ] (it says with translation, but this is not true if it's in the embassy's accepted language) 

Military Records with translation......... [ ] [ ] [ ] (it says with translation, but this is not true if it's in the embassy's accepted language) 

Police Certificate(s) with translation.... [ ] [ ] [ ] (it says with translation, but this is not true if it's in the embassy's accepted language) 

Petitioner's documents

3. Signed Affidavit of Support(s).................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

Proof of U.S. Status.............................. [ ] [ ] [ ]

Proof of Domicile................................. [ ] [ ] [ ]

Petitioner's Civil Documents................. [ ] [ ] [ ]

Proof of relationship (only for I-864A) [ ] [ ] [ ]

Evidence of Income.............................. [ ] [ ] [ ]

Form(s) W-2......................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

IRS Tax Transcript............................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

Federal Income Tax Returns................ [ ] [ ] [ ]

Social Security Earnings Statement...... [ ] [ ] [ ]

Proof of Assets...................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

4. Other Supporting Documents.......................[ ] [ ] [ ]

If you have not submitted Form DS-260 Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application at

ceac.state.gov, please do so now. We cannot forward your petition to a U.S. Embassy overseas until you submit

Form DS-260. Also, only send photocopies of your civil documents (e.g., birth certificate). Send a signed Form

I-864 Affidavit of Support(s). Do not send documents on any form of electronic media, such as memory cards.

End of letter.

===

Verify your documents!

Here is a VERY USEFUL link to verify if you have the correct version of the document you need to send to the NVC (for example, a version that was accepted at the USCIS may not be accepted at the NVC sent to USCIS).. Select your country, then view the menu on the left-hand side..  (ignore selecting your visa type) 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/IN.html

===

Checklist info! You can avoid them!! Research RESEARCH RESEARCH!!! 

Here is a forum I started on "How to avoid a checklist. PLEASE check it out. EVEN if you already submitted your NVC paperwork! 

Tips on how to avoid a checklist

Another tip to help you avoid getting a checklist. Do a search on the forum (upper right-hand corner). For example, do the following: 

"Checklist, Birth Certificate, India" 

"Checklist, Police Report, India" 

"Checklist, Marriage Certificate, India" 

"Checklist, India" 

Here are the search results for "Checklist, India" You'll see right away, that there are a lot of checklists from people who didn't submit the correct Police Certificate. 

http://www.visajourney.com/sitesearch/?cx=partner-pub-3407508467788263%3A9725800110&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=Checklist%2C India&sa=Search&siteurl=www.visajourney.com%2F&ref=&ss=2j4j2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 8/9/2017 at 1:28 PM, Lacosta said:

My SD was 8/8

When did you submit the last documents? 

On 8/11/2017 at 7:23 PM, masum said:

Mine too

When did you guys submit the last part of documents?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Confused89 said:

When did you submit the last documents? 

When did you guys submit the last part of documents?

8/8

TIMELINE

USCIS Phase

NVC Phase

????- DS-260 Completed

??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

Timeline
17 hours ago, Confused89 said:

Which documents did you submit? 

And is that your scan date or just the submission date? 

My civil and affidavit of support documents. i submitted my ds-260 on 8/1

TIMELINE

USCIS Phase

NVC Phase

????- DS-260 Completed

??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.