6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello all, 

The NVC recieved my IV package about 3 weeks ago, they say it can take "up to 11 weeks" before I get an embassay date in Dublin. Can someone tell me the average wait time?? Or does it usually take the full 11 weeks?   Also, when I do hear back...will the interview date be relatively soon or could it be 1-2 months after I do hear back?  Any info from anyone would be greatly appreciated!! 

Kevin :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, KevinGlen said:

Thanks PaddyGirl, and did it take long after interview to actually get visa?   should we schedule medical now or wait? Cheers. 

Sorry can't answer that, we ended up changing tack, I visited just after we got case complete and my father in law was seriously ill, we decided to change to AOS as we didn't want to risk leaving, I didn't want hubby and kids to be alone if something happened. (the AOS took us a almost another year, only got our green card in Feb 2017). 

Best of luck with the rest of your journey, you're almost there!!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Kenya
Timeline

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cs5_XtthCAGFpjDPu1jiUkrSeCEVdquHKDDkH5z9VHM/edit#gid=783452154

Try and join the above if you already have not. In there you can kind of get a feel of how long your case may take by comparing other case completes. 

I would also like to appeal to anyone who's reading this, please update your "Timeline" in your profile. It is really helpful for those who come after you in the process to see how long their case may take. 

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sorry to bother you again PaddyGirl13, we just heard back that our Police Certificate was not correct, the Garda aren't aware of the form the NVC told me to look for, can you remember which one you used or where you got it? 

Cheers, Kevin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.