12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello, I am stressing and a little frustrated as well. My fiancé had his interview on Feb. 23...gave him a yellow card and his medical exam was on March 18. It said "ready" on April 17 and then back to Administrative Processing on April 23. Today's date is May 9th already and they haven't updated his case yet...any suggestions? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Do you know for sure they received his medical results?  In some places, the beneficiary needs to hand carry the medical results to the embassy, not sure on Afghanistan.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Yeah, I emailed the Embassy and they have gotten his medical exam...and they told us it will take another month. And it's been longer than a month 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Penguin_ie said:

Do you know for sure they received his medical results?  In some places, the beneficiary needs to hand carry the medical results to the embassy, not sure on Afghanistan.

13 hours ago, Nelo01 said:

Hello, I am stressing and a little frustrated as well. My fiancé had his interview on Feb. 23...gave him a yellow card and his medical exam was on March 18. It said "ready" on April 17 and then back to Administrative Processing on April 23. Today's date is May 9th already and they haven't updated his case yet...any suggestions? 

Did they keep his passport?

Timeline

@Penguin_ie yeah, I emailed the embassy  and they have gotten his medical exam...and they told us it will take about month. And it's been:( longer than a month 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am also in the same situation. I had my interview on 27 March 2017 in Islamabad, Pakistan. Interview went fine but at the end of the interview CO told me that case need further processing and handed me 221 (g) for Administrative processing. Got 2 date changes one on April 4 and the other on May 10.

First updated date was on its own and second was because of my email inquiry.

I hope and pray that our visas get issued asap.

Please keep updating us

Timeline

I think you should get the senator involve because its almost 3 months for you guys. At least they will be able to find out from DOS in their official capacity about the case. I heard things get fast track once they do the inquiry plus they will get an official response from DOS. Not like when we do inquiry. They always reply us with same wording and predefined reply.

I am also waiting for my 60 days of AP to be over. I will get the senator involved right away.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nelo01 said:

How do we get in contact with the senators?

First find out which senator is from your state. Then look on their website or call their office. All of these senators in US have their offices helping people with different situations. Immigration is one of them. They have their own procedure to how you can request their assistance. Usually You need to fill out two applications. 1st will be the reason why you want their help, that means details about your case. 2nd you have to give DOS the permission to release your information to senator.

Its not too difficult its just you have to keep follow up with them to inquire about the request.

These are the senator for California, If you are in CA

Dianne Feinstein

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/

Kamala D Harris

https://www.harris.senate.gov/

Edited by Mehar

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.