rubya

Questions running through my mind [merged threads]

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I sent my N-400 yesterday, but just today I found out I sent the wrong one.

I have two copies of N-400 one I answered Q 23 yes coz I had traffic citation 2012, and the other one no coz I printed it before I find out that I have to answer yes to Q23.

I should have to send the one with yes coz  I have been cited. but I sent the one with no accidentally .

What I have to do now ???? Is there a number to call or something to do ???? help

Filed: Country:
Timeline

call wrote and email uscis to let them know if your mistake. you can also cancel the check so it bounces when they try and cash it.

in short you need to tell them there is an error on the application before they ask you about it.

Edited by f f

42 minutes ago, f f said:

call wrote and email uscis to let them know if your mistake. you can also cancel the check so it bounces when they try and cash it.

in short you need to tell them there is an error on the application before they ask you about it.

can I tell them in interview day?

Filed: Country:
Timeline

do not wait since if they find the mistake first it is misrepresentation since you can not prove you were ever going to actually tell them. if you point It out first it shows as a mistake you are trying to correct so they will not fault you as trying to hide things.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, rubya said:

can I tell them in interview day?

I put 'no' on my form to that question. I had a speeding fine from 2013 for $200.50 that I never realized was a citation until after I sent my application in. 

Right before the IO went through the form at the interview I told him about it. He asked If the fine was over $500 and I said "no". He told me it didn't matter.

I had the court paperwork with me but he never asked for it. 

Just be honest about it and take the citation paperwork with you.

K1

02/09/2007 I-129F Petition received at Nebraska SC

09/11/2007 Medical scheduled at 10.30am

01/14/2008 Interview at 9.30am Approved

03/13/2008 POE

04/22/2008 Wedding

AOS

05/23/2008 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP.           

09/08/2008 EAD card received.                         

09/15/2008 AP received.                                    

11/25/2008 Card production ordered

Removal of Conditions

10/22/2010 Filed for Removal of Conditions

12/18/2010 Green Card received

Naturalization

11/21/2016 Mailed N400 Naturalization application

11/29/2016 Application received

12/02/2016 NOA1

12/30/2016 Biometrics

01/04/2017 In line for interview

02/09/2017 Received interview letter

03/16/2017 Interview in St Paul, Mn - PASSED!!

03/16/2017 Same day Oath Ceremony

14 minutes ago, mustang-sally said:

I put 'no' on my form to that question. I had a speeding fine from 2013 for $200.50 that I never realized was a citation until after I sent my application in. 

Right before the IO went through the form at the interview I told him about it. He asked If the fine was over $500 and I said "no". He told me it didn't matter.

I had the court paperwork with me but he never asked for it. 

Just be honest about it and take the citation paperwork with you.

Thanks that what I`m doing. I got court disposition, police report, and driving records,and the receipt too. It was 2013 too. case is dismissed, the original fine $ 1000, but I paid $104 for court fees after dismissing . IS this consider less than $500. Or they consider the original charges ??? it  was not alcohol or drugs or even arrest or detain, it was citation.

Edited by rubya

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
36 minutes ago, rubya said:

Thanks that what I`m doing. I got court disposition, police report, and driving records,and the receipt too. It was 2013 too. case is dismissed, the original fine $ 1000, but I paid $104 for court fees after dismissing . IS this consider less than $500. Or they consider the original charges ??? it  was not alcohol or drugs or even arrest or detain, it was citation.

Just make sure you tell the immigration officer the whole truth and have your paperwork handy. The IO will write any changes on the form and you will sign the form after he/she has gone through it all. 

I don't know if they consider the original charge maybe you could contact an immigration attorney to ask for advice on that.

K1

02/09/2007 I-129F Petition received at Nebraska SC

09/11/2007 Medical scheduled at 10.30am

01/14/2008 Interview at 9.30am Approved

03/13/2008 POE

04/22/2008 Wedding

AOS

05/23/2008 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP.           

09/08/2008 EAD card received.                         

09/15/2008 AP received.                                    

11/25/2008 Card production ordered

Removal of Conditions

10/22/2010 Filed for Removal of Conditions

12/18/2010 Green Card received

Naturalization

11/21/2016 Mailed N400 Naturalization application

11/29/2016 Application received

12/02/2016 NOA1

12/30/2016 Biometrics

01/04/2017 In line for interview

02/09/2017 Received interview letter

03/16/2017 Interview in St Paul, Mn - PASSED!!

03/16/2017 Same day Oath Ceremony

1 minute ago, mustang-sally said:

Just make sure you tell the immigration officer the whole truth and have your paperwork handy. The IO will write any changes on the form and you will sign the form after he/she has gone through it all. 

I don't know if they consider the original charge maybe you could contact an immigration attorney to ask for advice on that.

Thanks 

9 hours ago, rubya said:

I have two copies of N-400 one I answered Q 23 yes coz I had traffic citation 2012, and the other one no coz I printed it before I find out that I have to answer yes to Q23.

I should have to send the one with yes coz  I have been cited. but I sent the one with no accidentally .

What I have to do now ???? Is there a number to call or something to do ???? help

Have you tried calling the carrier if there is any way that the packet is not delivered and send back to you since you just sent it yesterday?

29 minutes ago, POA said:

Have you tried calling the carrier if there is any way that the packet is not delivered and send back to you since you just sent it yesterday?

I did it is closed today....

Just now, rubya said:

I did it is closed today....

Try on Monday. Unless you used next day delivery, the documents won't be delivered on Sunday. 

Just now, rubya said:

I will    hope I will be lucky and stop it. 

Yeah, good luck on Monday! Usually the shipper can stop the shipment. Who is the carrier by the way?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, rubya said:

Hi, After seeing your post I also realized my mistake. I have also sent N 400 and forgot to enter yes for traffic citation. They already accepted My N 400 application but after Consulting My friends and reading old posts got relieved that most of them make mistakes by answering No so nothing to worry about just relax and when it comes to interview just explain them if its speeding ticket then nothing to worry about. if your application has already been delivered then just wait for interview rather then getting panic. it's nothing that you can do now. 

2 minutes ago, philly123 said:

Hi, After seeing your post I also realized my mistake. I have also sent N 400 and forgot to enter yes for traffic citation. They already accepted My N 400 application but after Consulting My friends and reading old posts got relieved that most of them make mistakes by answering No so nothing to worry about just relax and when it comes to interview just explain them if its speeding ticket then nothing to worry about. if your application has already been delivered then just wait for interview rather then getting panic. it's nothing that you can do now. 

it was not speeding ticket. It is ROC 4507.5 DRIVING by permit license, but it dismissed after giving me 2 weeks to get valid license. then case dismissed and just paid $100 COURT FEES.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.