Mimosa1990

VAWA : Have anyone waiting for I-485 interview more than 10 month

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi everyone. I was wondering about my case that have been waiting so long. 

USCIS was received  02/02/2016 

I got my case I-360 was approved on July 1, 2017 

It have been waiting almost 10 month since my case was approved. I didn't hear any thing from USCIS about my I-485 interview.

A question is  my case is a normal time line? I saw most of case will get done by 6-12 month form case was received. nut my case taking over 1 yeah still waiting for my interview schedule.

should I contact USCIS or what can I do about my case. 

thank you 

Edited by Mimosa1990

Yes, I have been. My VAWA got approved on April 12th. After that, no response. Do you have an attorney assisting? I have heard from lot of people it is not normal. What office did you apply to? I am worried as well - I don't know what to do... since we cannot contact VAWA unit directly and attorney has been getting in touch with Local office and they have been saying they have not received the file from Vermont office.

Thanks

Edited by hsai

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Vermont takes 2months to ship the file to the NBC after Vawa approval and the NBC takes 30/60 to ship the case to the local office.You should set up an appointment with infopass to inquire about your case ,contact your congress person to inquire on your behalf and file an e request as well.

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/new?appointment[international]=false

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do;jsessionid=abc0N1SvEIWE542j4u5Sv?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
18 hours ago, Mimosa1990 said:

16 hours ago, hsai said:

Yes, I have been. My VAWA got approved on April 12th. After that, no response. Do you have an attorney assisting? I have heard from lot of people it is not normal. What office did you apply to? I am worried as well - I don't know what to do... since we cannot contact VAWA unit directly and attorney has been getting in touch with Local office and they have been saying they have not received the file from Vermont office.

Thanks

Hi. Asai. your case almost a year for waiting. yes I have a nonprofit attorney on my case but she alway busy. I applied at Chicago. 

I'm looking the way to contact with USCIS about my case and I wall follow Sandranj advised. 

thank you

Timeline
2 hours ago, sandranj said:

Vermont takes 2months to ship the file to the NBC after Vawa approval and the NBC takes 30/60 to ship the case to the local office.You should set up an appointment with infopass to inquire about your case ,contact your congress person to inquire on your behalf and file an e request as well.

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do;jsessionid=abc0N1SvEIWE542j4u5Sv?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt

Hi Sandranj . How are you ?

thank you so much for answer on my topic. I applied at Chicago. Do you know about Chicago local office ? my attorney alway tell me that Chicago office have many cases and need time for them but I don't thing that is a normal time line that supported to take. I saw many cases from like NY or California they have done by 6-12 month that why I don't thing Chicago will talk it longer than NY and California.

Can I follow you advised that you gave to Shai to contact to local office in Chicago ?

thank you so much and hope to hear from you 

2 hours ago, sandranj said:

Sandraj THANK YOU ! this information is very helpful!

Timeline

Mimosa did you submit the I-485 to Chicago after VAWA approval or did you have a pending AOS filed before VAWA ?. Chicago is adjudicating the cases received in  August 2016

You can contact the congress person in YOUR STATE, but you should tell your attorney about it because some attorneys get mad if the person contacts the Congress- Person, because they believe they can handle the case without any help.

Edited by sandranj

1 minute ago, sandranj said:

Mimosa did you submit the I-485 to Chicago after VAWA approval or did you have a pending AOS filed before VAWA ?. Chicago is adjudicating the cases received in  August 2016

You can contact the congress person in YOUR STATE, but you should tell your attorney about it because some attorneys get mad if the person contacts the Congress- Person, because they believe they can handle the case without any help.

Same thing is happening in my situation. My attorney doesn't want me to contact anybody and believes she can get fastest turn around...handling herself and this april it will be full one year.. I am stuck can't really do anything..

Timeline
13 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Yes I did. I submit from I-360 and I-485 at the same time. 

Thank you Sandranj

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0979.PNG

Edited by Mimosa1990

Timeline

MIMOSA It's impossible that your attorney submitted your I-485 to Chicago. The I-485 when filed along with form I-360  must be filed with VERMONT, never with Chicago.

I am posting here what USCIS states about filing I-485 along with I-360. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 1.34.52 PM.png

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

Sandranj . Yes you right. I'm sorry I gave a wrong information.  She summittes both I-360 and I-485 to VERMONT Service Center. 

Do you think I should waiting for a few month to see what will going on with my case or I should contact to USCIS ASAP? 

Thank you :) 

Timeline

Mimosa Just today I received two messages from Vawa thread members saying they went to infopass  this week and found out that their cases were approved last month, they never got the approval letter. I mentioned about this before, a lot of people found out that their cases were approved when they went to infopass, they did not receive the approval notice until now and the USCIS  website is still showing initial review.

You should go to infopass they will not give you information over the phone, as I  mention before you should tell your attorney that you are going, period. I don't understand why some attorneys do not inquire USCIS about their cases and don't want their clients to go to infopass.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi,I'm new in this forum,Married to a USA citizen but we not longer together,I filed my I360 with I485 together on January 30 2017, I got my biometrics done 2 weeks ago,how long is the waiting for getting my work permit, Thank you,

10 hours ago, sandranj said:

Mimosa Just today I received two messages from Vawa thread members saying they went to infopass  this week and found out that their cases were approved last month, they didn't know about it, they never got the approval letter. I mentioned about this before, a lot of people did not receive the approval notice and the USCIS  website is still showing initial review.

You should go to infopass they will not give you information over the phone, as I  mention before you should tell your attorney that you are going, period. I don't understand why some attorneys do not inquire USCIS about their cases and don't want their clients to go to infopass.

Sandra, it is crazy. I emailed my attorney today and she told me if I repeatedly contact her, she will withdraw from counsel and would let me handle the case by myself. :huh:. Which is very annoying, it has been close to one year, she doesn't want me to contact her, otherwise she will charge me for emailing and told me there is NOTHING that we can do at this except WAITING. Which is again bullshit. I asked her to send me the follow-up that she has been doing with LA district chief. Let's see what she says. I don't think she is going to do anything except waiting for them to act. Frustrating very frustrating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.