7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

i was sent the instruction letter from the embassy,

but i can't access the DS-260 form because when i enter my date of birth as the invoice ID number.

I keep getting the same message

The case information you entered does not match our records. Please try again or contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your case is being processed.

I've called the embassy, but you can't talk to anyone- it's an answering machine.

Does anyone know what to do?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Invoice ID number is not your date of birth. It will be given on your welcome letter along with the case number. Use that as IIN and try to login to ceac.

You can call NVC at this number : (603) 334-0700

Edited by eljourney

but this was the link that i was given on the instruction letter

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/applying-for-an-immigrant-visa-instructions/

it clearly states that you have to enter your date of birth as your invoice ID number.

i only have a case number (the one beginning with) LND.

my case number works fine on ceac

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

but that is not invoice number

you will recieve a bill for the 2 fees / not necessary with the first letter

and after entering invoice number, you pay the fee

after the fee is processed and payment received (takes about 5 days), then and only then, can you fill out the form

each is a separate fee, payment and form

if you just received this information, you are doing things too fast for NVC as the case may be assigned but not invoiced / seems at times, they are a bit slow to update computers

and i was never able to contact NVC by phone so i am not surprised

your link given was for specific instuctions for interview in England / not specific to what NVC needs now

be patient and you will get the notice for payment

or

send email to:

nvcinquiry@state. gov

Edited by Adil & Jeanne

but that is not invoice number

you will recieve a bill for the 2 fees / not necessary with the first letter

and after entering invoice number, you pay the fee

after the fee is processed and payment received (takes about 5 days), then and only then, can you fill out the form

each is a separate fee, payment and form

if you just received this information, you are doing things too fast for NVC as the case may be assigned but not invoiced / seems at times, they are a bit slow to update computers

and i was never able to contact NVC by phone so i am not surprised

your link given was for specific instuctions for interview in England / not specific to what NVC needs now

be patient and you will get the notice for payment

or

send email to:

nvcinquiry@state. gov

So what you're saying is the embassy made a mistake in telling me to enter my date of birth?

Man! this is all confusing, i thought i was dealing only with the embassy now as they are the ones who will issue the visa.

What is this NVC?

P.S i'm impatient because i've waited 2 years for this instruction letter lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.