ZoloStorm

Please help! Montreal Consulate Appointments Are Not Open!

157 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

This is pretty much my first time actually writing on here and well, I have a serious question for anyone who could help me and my fiancee. I got my Packet 4 by email from the United States Consulate in Montreal on September 29th, 2015, went on their website they stated to set up an appointment, paid my fee of 265.00$ and tried to set up an appointment. I have called and they told me that there are no current appointment available at this time. I have seen some people get their letters on here get it in September and have their appointment booked for October 28th to December.

I currently have no clue what to do other than look every day, but a bit of reassurance is all I need to know I won't be away from my fiancee for another year! We started our process September 17th, 2014 and we've been missing each other ever since.

Please help! I'm honestly terrified that I won't see her for a while!

Andrew

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Canada Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

I haven't booked it yet since on my letter it said these following words,

"Schedule your visa interview appointment

Please visit http://canada.usvisa-info.com to obtain information online or via telephone concerning scheduling an interview appointment for you and those family members included in the petition. If you have not previously registered your information and selected a Loomis courier location on this website, please do so now.

You must have the Passport Number, Date of Birth, Nationality, MTL case number, and visa category for each applicant(principal applicant and all family members, including children) ready in order to access the website. When prompted to select “Trip Purpose”, you must choose ‘Permanently Immigrate to the US.’ After entering your information, you will be prompted to select an appointment time for you and your family.

Fees

If you have previously paid all fees due to the National Visa Center, there will be no additional fees to pay on the day of the interview. If you have not paid fees at the National Visa Center, please be prepared to pay the following fees on the day of your interview.

I-130 immigrant petitions filed in Canada: $420.00 US for each applicant.

IV fee for each family member (spouse/children) added to a petition: $325.00 US for family based applications Employment based: $345.00 US.

SIV cases: $205.00 US.

DV cases: $330.00 US for each applicant.

K (fiancé/e) visas: $265.00 US, paid in cash only.

All fees may be paid in US dollars or the Canadian dollar equivalent. We accept cash and credit cards only.

Please note if a person is found ineligible to receive a visa, the application fee cannot be refunded.

Medical exam

Each intending immigrant, regardless of age, is required to have a medical examination, and submit the results on the day of the interview. To schedule a medical examination, please visit http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-examination.html and select Montreal as your case processing post at step 2.

IMPORTANT: ***please bring this letter and the appointment confirmation sheet you will receive fromhttp://canada.usvisa-info.com/ to the panel physician medical appointment. *** "

Is there a time period that medicals are valid for? If so, how long?

There is nothing you can do.

Sadly, this is how Montreal works. They only book a month or two in advance and they will close their dates for periods at a time, and the calendar will be all grayed out. You literally have to just keep checking back and hoping they will release new dates. Sometimes people will post on the forum if they notice dates have opened up but it's all a matter of luck. Check the site daily. Check the site every couple of hours. You don't need to log out, just refresh on the calendar page and click forward at least three months to see if there are any dates. If there aren't, check back again later. Eventually you will get an interview you just have to be persistent and patient.

As soon as you see an open date (even if it is a lot farther away than you wanted)... TAKE IT! It's much better to have a date than to end up waiting even longer hoping for something closer.

As for the medical, it should be good up to a year but most people suggest getting it as close to your interview as possible as it helps out later with AOS if you apply for it within the year. I'm having mine two weeks before my interview. I would suggest not booking your medical until you have your interview and I'm not even sure if you can because most places will want to know your interview date and time when you try to book your appointment.

Good luck, and keep checking back on the calendar! I kept a tab open and refreshed every three hours. The general consensus of what I read is that they release dates bi-monthly so don't stress too much... it is safe to say you shouldn't have to wait more than a couple weeks for an interview date to open up, and then maybe two months for the interview itself. It is very very unlikely you should be apart for another year. I know it's hard, but try and stay positive

Edited by k_stacky

K-1 Visa Process (182 days from I-129F filed -> Visa in Hand)

May 10th, 2015: Got Engaged!

June 12th 2015: Fiance filed I-129F, June 19th, 2015: (NOA1) Received at California Service Center

July 23rd, 2015: (NOA2) NVC received

Aug 31st, 2015: NVC Approved and fwd case to consulate in Montreal. MTL case # given.

Sept 8th, 2015: MTL received and sent P3 by mail, Sept 18th, 2015: P3 received in mail, Sept 18th, 2015: DS-160 completed and P3 documents sent by e-mail

Sept 21st, 2015: P3 Approved. Received P4 by e-mail, Sept 21st, 2015: Booked K-1 Visa interview for December 2nd, 2015!!

Oct 2nd, 2015: Booked Medical in Toronto for November 12th, 2015

Nov. 12th, 2015: Medical done in Toronto, ON with Dr Lyndon Mascarenhas. Highly recommend him!!

Nov. 17th, 2015: Medical results delivered by Purolator

Dec. 2nd, 2015: Interview in Montreal... APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 9th, 2015: CEAC status changed to Issued!

Dec. 11th, 2015: Ready for pickup at Waterloo location. Picked up and Visa in Hand!

K-1 AOS Process (72 days from I-485 filed -> Green Card in Hand)

Spoiler

POE: Dec. 16th, 2015 by U-Haul @ Port Huron <p>

AOS, EAD, AP (72 days from package sent -> Green Card in hand)

Jan. 1st, 2016: Civil Ceremony <3

Jan. 29th, 2016: Applied for SSN

Feb. 2nd, 2016: Sent off AOS packet

Feb. 9th, 2016: NOA1's received by text & e-mail

Feb. 13th, 2016: NOA1 hard copies received in the mail

Feb. 23rd, 2016: Biometrics letter in mail received for Feb 29th!

Feb. 23rd, 2016: SSN received in the mail

Feb. 29th, 2016: Successful Biometrics appointment in Tampa, FL

April 7th, 2016: Green Card in production!!!

April 11th, 2016: Green Card in Mail

April 13th, 2016: Received Green Card :)

Removal of Conditions Process

Jan 16th, 2018: Mailed Form I-751 to CSC

Jan 18th, 2018: USPS Delivered to CSC

Jan. 24th, 2018: NOA1 received in the mail

It just sucks to have to go through Montreal Consulate I guess. I've seen other people here on VJ to be able to schedule an interview within the next 10 days of their consulate receiving their case!!

Timeline

I just find it odd that each time I call or when I contacted the consulate, no one could give me an approximate time when it would be best, like in a week or two, even a month would be okay just so I know I don't have to sit here and continuously think I'm in a "?" countdown instead of "30 days" countdown.

Timeline

I am having a very similar problem however mine is complicated by the site not even having the way to pay available. It just brings me to a payment page that says no appointments available for Montreal and no link or anything to pay. We have called and they say that the pay button will open up once there is an appointment and will not take our payment over the phone. We have been clicking 10x a day or more each since August 24th and nothing is ever available.

I dont know what to do, I have an alarm set for the middle of the night so I can check then and we check on all our devices constantly.....

Timeline

That's very odd, I was able to do the payment via mastercard. I actually called on the day of after confirming the payment and to see if they had a bug in their system since it didn't show any interviews ready, little did I know at the time, it was the consulate and not my computer's issue.

I am having a very similar problem however mine is complicated by the site not even having the way to pay available. It just brings me to a payment page that says no appointments available for Montreal and no link or anything to pay. We have called and they say that the pay button will open up once there is an appointment and will not take our payment over the phone. We have been clicking 10x a day or more each since August 24th and nothing is ever available.

I dont know what to do, I have an alarm set for the middle of the night so I can check then and we check on all our devices constantly.....

wow..really? Since August 24th? That really sucks!

Timeline

That's very odd, I was able to do the payment via mastercard. I actually called on the day of after confirming the payment and to see if they had a bug in their system since it didn't show any interviews ready, little did I know at the time, it was the consulate and not my computer's issue.

How did you pay by Mastercard? DId you call and make payment or were you able to click through on the site? I have no option to pay it is just sitting on the payment page with a window for Montreal and Vancouver that says no appointments available...

Edited by Sapphhira

Timeline

How did you pay by Mastercard? DId you call and make payment or were you able to click through on the site? I have no option to pay it is just sitting on the payment page with a window for Montreal and Vancouver that says no appointments available...

This is what it has looked like for us for over a month and a half, we called and they said this was what we were supposed to see till there were appointments available....

post-217983-0-86019300-1444441081_thumb.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. Im also applying for an appointment date in montreal. Im trying to figure out if i clicked the right button when it asked me for my visa classification? Do i choose "k fiance appointment"? and also in the appointment page is the calendar grayed out on all the months? I cannot schedule an appointment at this time either. ?

Timeline

Hi. Im also applying for an appointment date in montreal. Im trying to figure out if i clicked the right button when it asked me for my visa classification? Do i choose "k fiance appointment"? and also in the appointment page is the calendar grayed out on all the months? I cannot schedule an appointment at this time either. ?

IF you are going for the Fiancee visa then yes you want the K visa appointmnet, the calendar is what you are supposed to be seeing and I guess you check a bunch of times a day and something will open up. I have net seen that page yet and I guess I will not be able to till next week when I can get a hold of someone to help me fix it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.