ginnyirishrose

administrative review after k1 visa interview Morocco what are the chances he still will get a visa the officer said he call him to come back

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can anyone explain why my Moroccan fiance male beneficiary who was given a 221g administrative review letter on October 1,2015 what this means? his k1 petition expires November 24 2015. He had everything I flew to Morocco to make sure he had every paper imaginable he had it all and answered all their questions correct he even knew dates and years of prior marriage of mine. The consular officer didn't say anything just typed his answers into a computer nothing negative just told him he wasn't denied he said "I will call you" so what does that mean?????? The 221g form only ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW IS HIGHLIGHTED. NO MISSING DOCUMENTS. PLEASE REPLY ANY ONE WITH THIS EXPERIENCE WHAT CAN I DO AS PETITIONER? ??

Edited by ginnyirishrose

Timeline

Filing Location:Vermont Service CenterCountry:Yemen

Timeline Photos

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

'mercurial', on 25 Mar 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

my fiancee 26

I'll reiterate what others have said: the time has come for your fiancee to come on Visa Journey so SHE can figure out what to do next. You cannot do this for her. It's ultimately up to her how to proceed.

Both of you need to take an honest look at all the evidence that was submitted with the petition and with your visa application. Destiny laid it out for you. There are many things the investigators could have found in your evidence that lead them to believe you had ill intentions. They may have even been things you weren't aware of. Your fiance can file what is called a Freedom of Information Act request for the consular officer's notes. Instructions arehere. This takes quite a long time to process but the information could be helpful to her in your next visa journey.

Should I wait until November 24th and file a FOIA form under the Freedom of information Act this form requesting the consular officers notes???

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey ! how are you ?
I guess that your fiancée and me were interviewed by the same consular, he was an old man, he was rude to me ! he kept asking me questions with his low voice. i couldn't hear him as much as possible even though i asked him to raise his voice so i could hear what he was saying but in vain.
Anyway, this isn't important for you now !
Concerning your case, the old man handed me a paper stating that i am on Administrative processing, i asked him why did he do that and he said to me that we'll call you soon ! Administrative review was highlighted too! i kept waiting for more than 60 days because they said that most of the cases solved in tow months. i kept waiting and waiting then my fiancee started to do some calls with no answers! they always keep saying your case on Administrative processing! after six months and a couple of days, i got a call from them saying that u should be in the embassy 01th Sept ! i asked them if i need to bring some papers with me, he only told me to bring my passport with me ! i went there on time, they treated me as an animal, i kept waiting and waiting in the big room without any care! they even know that i had an appointment !
they called me on a window 7, i came into the room, i found another consular ! i thought he is a good one but he wasn't ! he only handed me a white paper saying that my case will send back to USICS for more reconsideration and he told me to tell me my fiancee to contact them within one month and two months !
it has been one month now ! they called my fiancée yesterday saying that they'll answer her why the embassy sent our case back to the USICS in 17th Oct!
i really don't wish to your fiancé the same situation but i just want you to be ready for good news and bad ones !
I wish you all the best in your journey !
by the way, we provided them with all evidence they ask for ! Morever, my fiancée visited me four times !!! we won't forgive them !!!!
if u need any information u can contact me

Timeline

Can anyone explain why my Moroccan fiance male beneficiary who was given a 221g administrative review letter on October 1,2015 what this means? his k1 petition expires November 24 2015. He had everything I flew to Morocco to make sure he had every paper imaginable he had it all and answered all their questions correct he even knew dates and years of prior marriage of mine. The consular officer didn't say anything just typed his answers into a computer nothing negative just told him he wasn't denied he said "I will call you" so what does that mean?????? The 221g form only ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW IS HIGHLIGHTED. NO MISSING DOCUMENTS. PLEASE REPLY ANY ONE WITH THIS EXPERIENCE WHAT CAN I DO AS PETITIONER? ??

did they keep his passport ?

did they give him a paper talk about his immigration rights in USA ?

did they keep his passport ?

did they give him a paper talk about his immigration rights in USA ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Morocco is known for denying K1 visas

Do not expect any information about your case now from USICS / when K 1 is returned to USCIS nothing happens / no review

they allow it to expire

Marry and apply spouse visa

steps to marry in Morocco

1. go to embassy in Casa and pay $60 for "Affidavit of Nationality and Eligibility to Marry".
2. Take that paper to Rabat to Office of Foreign Minister for document from them

3. Translate all your documents into Arabic (6 copies)

Birth certificate

any divorce papers or death of former husband

income papers ( can be IRS or letter from emplyer on your current income)

passport (every page)

Birth certificates of any children living with you

criminal investigation report

some add high school or college degrees ( i didn't)

4. get medical exam

5. husband needs all the same documents plus 2 criminal investigations (one police and one from the court)

he also needs document saying he is muslim if applicable

6. now the process is going to police for interview

7. going to judge to apply for marriage license

8. to court for signing marriage documents (need interpretor) / will ask what he gave you for a dowery and other quesitons / don't say you ever slept with him

9. last, hope you have time for the next few days to do marriage celebration with family and freinds (be sure to find our names so you can put on photos for immigraiton).

10. If possible, do a trip to another city for a honeymoon and photos of that

Timeline

I expect to have to marry now. No passport requested by consular official. My fiance is heartbroken he had such faith in this process. He is so honest he still thinks that 30th old consular officer is possibly going to call him back. I told him not likely. I have no problem coming back and forth his family loves me thinks I am an angel. Will just need to find out why placed in AP before November 24th K1 petition expires. His family is 12+ all disappointed in this process. All expenses paid are my own for K1 and CR1 they just don't care if you are genuine or not they want you to give everyone up. Not likely seriously why give me a hard time only makes me mad and mad I just get more determined. Virginia

Timeline

I will file under the FIOA A REQUEST FOR THE K1 CONSULAR NOTES WITH DOS AND USCIS AND REQUEST A SENIOR CONSULAR REVIEW AT CASABLANCA. DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING ELSE HERE. NO WAY TO WALK UP TO CASABLANCA EMBASSY HERE AND SAY I WANT TO TALK TO A SENIOR OFFICER. THEY DON'T EVEN LET YOU CROSS THE STREET TO THE EMBASSY UNLESS A GUARD SCANS YOUR BODY. I AM LEAVING TUESDAY OCTOBER 6 FOR THE USA

Edited by ginnyirishrose

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

nothing negative just told him he wasn't denied he said "I will call you" so what does that mean?????? The 221g form only ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW IS HIGHLIGHTED. NO MISSING DOCUMENTS.

OP, calm down. You say yourself, quoting the consul, that he wasn't denied. Ignore the other poster who talks about return of petitions to USCIS -- you're nowhere near that. You've been scared witless by someone who didn't read what you wrote.

Words MEAN things. He isn't denied, and the consul will call him. Administrative processing is standard in North African countries. This period of AP might be brief, or perhaps not. Hard as it is, calm down and WAIT.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I'm sorry to hear about the outcome of your interview. It's true that it may end up in a denial, but it isn't denied yet. Many people have spent time in AP through Casablanca and been approved in the end. Unfortunately, a final answer may not come for weeks or maybe even months.

If you do decide to go back and get married to file for a CR1 make sure this K1 petition has been denied or cancelled first. Don't leave it sitting in AP.

I know AP is disappointing, but I personally don't think a FOIA request is going to get you any answers that are going to help you out. I think it would be a waste of time.

Are there any red flags in the relationship?

Timeline

Thank you all. I am leaving Morocco in 2 days. I will still prepare FIOA FORMS in writing and file them when I get back. It is free to file them so it won't hurt filing them. I expect I have until November 24th expiration date of the k1 petition I know the k1 dies after that date. I am not as optimistic as my fiance but I will wait until November 24. No call I will file and come back and marry in Morocco after January 1 and reapply for CR1. THANK YOU JEANNE AND TBONETX So much. VIRGINIA

Timeline

I am 53 he is 35. I look 40 told by everyone I am smart honest and no other reason than that. Married 2 times prior relationships 10 years each both had affairs and left for SO. I DON'T DESERVE TO WAIT NEITHER DOES SAID HE IS A GOOD HONEST MAN . THANKS

Timeline

To TBoneTX

I thought that this website was created to share our experience with others who ask for it ! Saying ''' Ignore the other poster who talks about return of petitions to USCIS'' doesn't have any sense ! we didn't say that they'll send her case to USCIS or whatever . i was only talking about my situation ! that's all !
I am quite sure you're an active member on this website but your way of commenting still needs to be developed !
The lady was asking for help, we aren't going to tell her only nice speech to make her live a sweet dream ! she has to be ready for bad and good news! I did read her post carefully before i posted my experience here !
we all wish her the best luck !

Thank you all. I am leaving Morocco in 2 days. I will still prepare FIOA FORMS in writing and file them when I get back. It is free to file them so it won't hurt filing them. I expect I have until November 24th expiration date of the k1 petition I know the k1 dies after that date. I am not as optimistic as my fiance but I will wait until November 24. No call I will file and come back and marry in Morocco after January 1 and reapply for CR1. THANK YOU JEANNE AND TBONETX So much. VIRGINIA

Actually as long as the petition is at the consulate, they will keep extending the expiration date. It only expires and dies once they have denied it and returned it to USCIS.

I know having your life in limbo is stressful and frustrating. However, think of the time you add to the process if you marry in January and then the consulate calls the next week approving the K1. It would no longer be valid and you would have to start the much more lengthy CR1. And the CR1 is not a guaranteed approval as well.

You do have a large age gap, but this has been overcome before. How many visits did you have before filing? Was the petition front loaded with a lot of evidence? I only ask because the Casablanca consulate often seems to make decisions before the interview. Meaning that the decision is based off of what is in the petition, rather than the actual interview.

Best of luck to you and Said. And also to Abdel87. It's a shame what this consulate puts some couples through. I think Jeanne&Adil had the worst Casablanca story I've heard to date. It took them something like 5 years before an approval.

Timeline

Only had to change out for newer certificates from this September and Said's Facebook chat log history for 11 months of Facebook chat and more photos from this trip. Visit 2 times about 50 days. Talking everyday for 2 years

Edited by ginnyirishrose

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.