ginnyirishrose

administrative review after k1 visa interview Morocco what are the chances he still will get a visa the officer said he call him to come back

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Front loaded everything myself definitely nothing missing I made sure I did his petition myself

Have you had any status updates since your fiancées interview?

did they keep his passport ?

did they give him a paper talk about his immigration rights in USA ?

Does it matter if they give the beneficiary the domestic violence paper? I thought they gave it to anyone who was interviewed and not outright denied.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

No updates K1 visa checked online DOS still says ready. He was not given anything about domestic violence. I am a nurse and I watched him go in and come out I sat at the American Cafe across the street listening to American music WiFi on you tube he only walked out of the interview with a 221g form.

Timeline

Weird. My spouse was given the domestic violence paper and was told to expect a phone call--no 221g. I emailed to request the 221g but they didn't just replied with the standard--you're in AP, 60 days, blah blah blah message.

Timeline

My fiance is going through this same situation, they gave him back his passport but gave him a paper explaining his rights in the USA. What does this mean?

Timeline

Can anyone explain why my Moroccan fiance male beneficiary who was given a 221g administrative review letter on October 1,2015 what this means? his k1 petition expires November 24 2015. He had everything I flew to Morocco to make sure he had every paper imaginable he had it all and answered all their questions correct he even knew dates and years of prior marriage of mine. The consular officer didn't say anything just typed his answers into a computer nothing negative just told him he wasn't denied he said "I will call you" so what does that mean?????? The 221g form only ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW IS HIGHLIGHTED. NO MISSING DOCUMENTS. PLEASE REPLY ANY ONE WITH THIS EXPERIENCE WHAT CAN I DO AS PETITIONER? ??

I am very sorry to hear that you are going through this my Fiance also was put into Admin Review after his interview on yesterday Oct 6th. The consular officer didn't tell him he was denied just gave him the 221g form with only Admin Review highlighted his status has been changed on DOS to Adminstrative Processing. He was however given a paper stating his rights in the US as well as telling him to register online for VISA pickup however they did not keep his passport. This is all very confusing and heartbreaking. I pray for you and your fiance's case to be resolved quickly.

Timeline

I think possible I will wait until the expiration date of the K1 November 24.I have to wait 60 days for it to expire or extended I should find out by then where his petition is. ONLY RECEIVED THE 221G ALREADY STATED NO OTHER PAPERS GIVEN JUST TOLD I WILL CALL YOU

Timeline

I have to work pediatric cases next 4 nights. I still will file in writing under FOIA NEXT WEEK. UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT SOMEONE WILL TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED HERE.

I think it is misused so the consulate doesn't have to adjudicate a visa the day of an interview and I am going to put that in my formal report to USCIS AND DOS.

Edited by ginnyirishrose

Timeline

I have to work pediatric cases next 4 nights. I still will file in writing under FOIA NEXT WEEK. UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT SOMEONE WILL TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED HERE.

I think it is misused so the consulate doesn't have to adjudicate a visa the day of an interview and I am going to put that in my formal report to USCIS AND DOS.

I wish you the very best on your and your fiance's case. I agree with you that they are using Adminstrative Review as a cruel waiting game so they do not have to adjudicate a VISA on the same day as the interview.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiance is going through this same situation, they gave him back his passport but gave him a paper explaining his rights in the USA. What does this mean?

i had the same situation too ! i've heard that when somebody is giving a paper talks about his rights in USA is a good sign but i discovered that they gave to everyone either he/she got approved or not !

Same thing, when they kept his passport ! don't believe them until u got your visa in your hand ! be ready for bad and good news from them !!!

Edited by Abdel87

Timeline

I do see under consular reviews some people in administrative review have received visas before their expiration dates so before I didn't think he had a chance and now I think he may still have a chance so I'm not totally writing it off. I do appreciate anyone and everyone that goes through Administrative Review to post on your Consulate reviews so I could have references for my formal Reply to USCIS and DOS. if you like me to add you to my formal written reply under FOIA please message me and I'll tell you how to do it.

Edited by ginnyirishrose

Timeline

I am sorry to hear you are going through the same situation. This is all very frustrating and heartbreaking. If you don't mind me asking how long have you been in AP with Casa Consulate?

Timeline

We have been in AP for almost two months. This is the thread with other people in AP at Casablanca: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/565269-who-is-going-through-the-process-of-adminstrative-processing-with-casablanca-morroco/

Timeline

When you get a 221g form after a Interview "Administrative Review" is the same as AP.

Edited by ginnyirishrose

• 1 year later...
On 10/3/2015 at 8:26 PM, Adil & Jeanne said:

Morocco is known for denying K1 visas

Do not expect any information about your case now from USICS / when K 1 is returned to USCIS nothing happens / no review

they allow it to expire

Marry and apply spouse visa

steps to marry in Morocco

1. go to embassy in Casa and pay $60 for "Affidavit of Nationality and Eligibility to Marry".
2. Take that paper to Rabat to Office of Foreign Minister for document from them

3. Translate all your documents into Arabic (6 copies)

Birth certificate

any divorce papers or death of former husband

income papers ( can be IRS or letter from emplyer on your current income)

passport (every page)

Birth certificates of any children living with you

criminal investigation report

some add high school or college degrees ( i didn't)

4. get medical exam

5. husband needs all the same documents plus 2 criminal investigations (one police and one from the court)

he also needs document saying he is muslim if applicable

6. now the process is going to police for interview

7. going to judge to apply for marriage license

8. to court for signing marriage documents (need interpretor) / will ask what he gave you for a dowery and other quesitons / don't say you ever slept with him

9. last, hope you have time for the next few days to do marriage celebration with family and freinds (be sure to find our names so you can put on photos for immigraiton).

10. If possible, do a trip to another city for a honeymoon and photos of that

Adil & Jeanne  how are you dear, I really need your advice on my case. My fiance went for interview on the 9th September 2016 and he was told that they approve him, and they kept his passport. They didn't ask for any more documents. And it been six months now no visa,  they ended up placing us on AP. I've called to know if they needed anything they said no. Since December when they last updated the case. On the 6th,7th and 8th this March it has been updated.  Do you think we should be expecting good news at any time now. Pls .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.