Adil & Jeanne

Is this a hoax?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

As you all know Adil and I fought 6 years to get his visa. He is actually at airport now and leaves Morocco in less than 2 hours.

I open my email and get this notice

Case number: WAC201533690XX
The Department of State notifies you of being selected as a winner of the Diversity visa program for the fiscal year. We are sending the winning letters through the selected email addresses. To receive the green card; you need to apply and obtain the U.S. immigrant visa. the visa will permit you to travel to the United- State to receive your green card.
Complete DS-230 forms for yourself and all accompanying family members regardless of age, which will be used to file your immigrant visa petition at the National Visa Center to process your visa and schedule your visa interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy nearest to you for the issuance of your visa..

Download DS 230 form or
click the application form here. DS-230Form
Please print or type your answers to all questions

Other requirements:
1. International Passport:
Include- the photo-page of your international passport (Only the principal applicant). View sample here -
International Passport

2. Passport size photograph:
Glue- one passport size-photograph-for each person-mentioned in the-application at the top left corner of form DS-230. View sample here--
F passport photo
Photo- instruction is- available here

Your application fall within Asia Pacific Region and therefore will be processed at our Asia pacific official center.

Address: Wichayanond Road Chiang Mai Thailand.
Contact person: Mr. John Philippe
Tel: +66 996 866 001

How Can I Submit my application?
Submit your application to them for processing at this-email:
usvisastudy.state.gov@usa.com

Applicants are advise to continue using the DS-230 form till End summary.
Please read and follow all the enclosed instructions carefully.
Sincerely yours,
Hamilton Houston
Senior Director
Is this for real? or a cruel joke someone is playing?

Why would I send information to Thailand?

Edited by Adil & Jeanne

LOL!

Total hoax! Report it to the USCIS/DoS!

I can tell this is a hoax because governmental e-mails use .gov - NOT .com!!!

I hate fraudsters! They don't care how little money you have or how hard you worked for it, they just want to steal it from you.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

thought so as I thought only way to find out you won was by checking your assigned number on the USCIS site and I didn't think Adil applied for visa lottery as we were in process of spouse visa. just wonder how they got email ID as it didn't come thru as spam

It's scary with all the recent information breaches the Federal Government has been having recently. Hopefully this was a random email sent to 18,586,336,557 other email addresses around the world. Maybe your email was found on some tracking cookie? The fraudsters did a pretty good job by using DoS links, but if they are asking for all other information, hopefully they only have your email address.

Signature coming soon...

Yes it's a hoax.

They don't send you emails.

The "case number" is not remotely like a valid DV case number.

DS230s have not been used for at least two years.

Applications are processed at the closest embassy to where you live, not the region you fall under.

Etc etc etc.

They either plan to scam you out of money to "continue" or it's an identity theft racket, probably the latter judging by the fact that they want you to send them forms with photos and all your identifying information....

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

well, was not planning to send any information or money

just couldn't believe it hit the same day he flys out / he will be in Nashville tomorrow

elhamdo lellah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.