AyoSire

F2 visa application but now married

13 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My parents petitioned for F2 visa for me while I was single. I am now married with a child and I have notified the NVC but i have not gotten any response from them. Would I still be considered for F2 Visa? I would like to know because my priority date is presently being attended to.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My parents petitioned for F2 visa for me while I was single. I am now married with a child and I have notified the NVC but i have not gotten any response from them. Would I still be considered for F2 Visa? I would like to know because my priority date is presently being attended to.

What is your parent's status? Are they LPR or Citizens?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You are no longer in the F2 category. Once you got married when the petitioning parent was a USC, your case automatically became an F3 case under the law. You keep your Priority Date. Your child and husband can immigrate with you as your derivative beneficiaries.

Update your case with your child's birth certificate, your husband's birth certificate, and your marriage certificate. The NVC will send you a notice updating your case.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Good News = Thanks to the fact that your parent was already a USC … you may continue with your case. Your wife and children will be able to get derivative visas also.

Bad News = You are now in new category F3 … Current PD for this category is = 22JAN04

You are no longer in the F2 category. Once you got married when the petitioning parent was a USC, your case automatically became an F3 case under the law. You keep your Priority Date. Your child and husband can immigrate with you as your derivative beneficiaries.

Update your case with your child's birth certificate, your husband's birth certificate, and your marriage certificate. The NVC will send you a notice updating your case.

Timeline

Please I have another question.

My parent also petitioned for my sister while she was single but she is now married too.

She sent a mail to NVC in December 2014 informing them that she has gotten married but she was sent an interview letter for March which I think is a mistake.

Should she attend the interview?

Timeline

Please I have another question.

My parent also petitioned for my sister while she was single but she is now married too.

She sent a mail to NVC in December 2014 informing them that she has gotten married but she was sent an interview letter for March which I think is a mistake.

Should she attend the interview?

She needs to inform the embassy that she is married.

Did she file for a visa with the DS-260? She should try to inform the embassy that she is married. If she can not get a response, she should attend the interview. She will be denied, but at least she will get the case in the right track.

Timeline

She needs to inform the embassy that she is married.

Did she file for a visa with the DS-260? She should try to inform the embassy that she is married. If she can not get a response, she should attend the interview. She will be denied, but at least she will get the case in the right track.

I don't know if she filed with the DS-260. please what is DS-260 and how does she go about it

Timeline

The DS-260 is the visa application. To get the interview, she must have sent in an application.

She needs to go. Skipping the interview is not a good idea. Without an explanation from her, the case might be closed for abandonment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.