blackgh

POLICE CLEARANCE LETTER/ CRIMINAL CHECK (merged)

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello people here,

I am currently living in Ghana and my wife living in the u. s. We've been all the immigration stages up to NVC. Now our lawyer is asking for police clearance before tomoro. Questions

1. which police department issues Clearance Letter (criminal check) in Accra.?

2. Is it possible i cant get it withing 2-3 hrs?

3. how much is it?

4. after getting it can i just scan and email to it to our lawyer?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Hello people here,

I am currently living in Ghana and my wife living in the u. s. We've been all the immigration stages up to NVC. Now our lawyer is asking for police clearance before tomoro. Questions

1. which police department issues Clearance Letter (criminal check) in Accra.?

2. Is it possible i cant get it withing 2-3 hrs?

3. how much is it?

4. after getting it can i just scan and email to it to our lawyer?

You need to go to the CID Headquarters in Accra near Danquah Circle. Go with your passport. I think it costs about GHS 60 or so. Explain that you need it expedited and you might be able to get some help from the Police force speeding things up.

Timeline

Hello every one here,

I'm Ghanaian living in Ghana. My wife is a U.S citizen living in the U.S. We filled i-130 and have passed through the stages up to NVC, now our lawyer is demanding a police clearance letter (criminal check) before she continues the case. Questions:

1. Is that the correct thing to do?
  2. If that is correct, in which form (scan it here in Ghana and email to her) or mail the original?
  3. To Ghanaians in the forum here, where in Accra will I get that police clearance letter?
  4. About how much will that cost me?
  5. How long does it usually take to get the police clearance letter?
  6. How do I determine I am getting the correct document and not fake?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

A police clearance is pretty much mandatory for all immigration applicants. It usually involves going to some police office or department of justice office. In person. Call them up and ask how much it is. Fake? Surely there is at least some level of trust in government offices in Ghana. Even my country, Vietnam, issues only valid police certificates. Of course, extortion is involved. I had to pay a lot because I had to tell them why I wanted it, which was to immigrate to the US. Anyway, no money, or not enough of it, and no police clearance. But never ever a fake. There is at least some level of honesty.

Linh

Timeline

Hi my husband just got his recently. Just go to police headquarters and request it. It was 50 cedis I think. And the lawyer has to have original. And it takes there weeks unless og course u pay extra for the week service.

Thanks a lot

So after getting the police cirt. can i email scan copy to my lawyer?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline

I did some abt a week ago and the form costs 45cedis and you will have to pay extra for you to get the report earlier.After that you will have to send the original copy to your lawyer.The earlier you send it,the earlier he can send it to nvc.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You need to go to Police Headquarters in Accra. It will cost about 50- to 60 GHS. It took 2 weeks to receive. And yes you should be able to scan a copy over to your attorney, as it will be on official stationary.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

As stated before it took us two weeks most things if you want fast you pay more...you know how it goes over there. That's why i believe there are different prices listed. I would ask the attorney about the orginal...however maybe a scan copy can get things moving until you post the original to them. I wish you all the best.

Timeline

I did some abt a week ago and the form costs 45cedis and you will have to pay extra for you to get the report earlier.After that you will have to send the original copy to your lawyer.The earlier you send it,the earlier he can send it to nvc.

What?? That's crazy! :o

So how come ours cost so much about a week ago at 100cedis??

And we didn't request it fast or anything. :angry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.