Faridanni

I'm lost to how long things will be and what the next process is

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

My husband is from Algeria and I'm from the U.S. I sent our I-130 forms in on april14,2014 along with the I-485. It is being processed through TSC. I did not send proof of my employment to verify my AGI for the past year to prove I can support him and I when he comes and I havent received any notice of an RFE? It's still in initial review status. Nothing has change for 5 months. I'm not sure what todo at this point. Do I send my proof of employment or do I call? Do I wait for a decision notice? All of this is very frustrating for me and idk what todo. Any feedback would be helpful :) Ty

I would just wait for them to send you the RFE. They're not going to deny the entire application for the lack of one document. Also when you say proof of employment, what did you forget to send? Was it the letter of employment/paystubs, tax returns, or the I-864?

Edited by Ian H.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Not necessarily. They check the applications for the basics, like the fee, then they review it when it reaches the queue. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but basically an application/petition can spend months, even in years (like in the case of my cousin) without being looked at. Did you include proof of your current income though? Like current paystubs/letter of employment?

if you are still at the I-130 stage, you don't need all that. If you are at the NVC stage, they will checklist you for exactly what you need. Your post suggests you are still waiting for an approval from the USCIS. Is you husband in the US already and you are just adjusting status?

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

She submitted the I-130 concurrently with the I-485 so they're doing AOS.

if you are still at the I-130 stage, you don't need all that. If you are at the NVC stage, they will checklist you for exactly what you need. Your post suggests you are still waiting for an approval from the USCIS. Is you husband in the US already and you are just adjusting status?

Timeline

Yes I'm still waiting for an approval or denial. He is in Algeria right now. And no I didn't send in any proof of employment with my papers. I can't believe I forgot that :/

OP: I'm confused as to your timeline, did you get married in March or September? Because it says you married 2014-09-03 and submitted the I-130 back in April.

Now I am even more confused is he on a temporary visa or is he waiting for his spousal visa?

Yes I'm still waiting for an approval or denial. He is in Algeria right now. And no I didn't send in any proof of employment with my papers. I can't believe I forgot that :/

In that case you would have a chance to submit the proof of employment when you get RFE'd.

Timeline

Honestly I'm new to all of this so I'm kind of lost to what the processes will be. I have an AOS. Can u explain to me what the steps r if u don't mind? Ty

I'm just trying to figure out if your spouse qualified for AOS. Does he have a work or student visa for the US and is just temporarily abroad?

Honestly I'm new to all of this so I'm kind of lost to what the processes will be. I have an AOS. Can u explain to me what the steps r if u don't mind? Ty

In order for me to help you further, I have to understand your situation. Can you elaborate as to your circumstances?

Timeline

I got married in March and filed in April. I messed up on the numbers. I'm half awake right now at work. Been a long night. Lol

He lives abroad and hasn't filed for any visas. We only filed for the I-130 and for his green card seeing we are married I am sponsoring him

I am confused... why did you send the I-485 with your I-130 if you husband is in Algeria? That is not the process. You don't Adjust status if your husband is not in the US. You wait for the Approval from the USCIS and then the file is sent to the National Visa Center for further processing. The NVC is the place you send the proof of income with your I-864. I really suggest you read the guidelines at the top of the site. Also, read the NVC wiki. That will fully explain what you send in with your Affidavit of Support ( AOS)

Edited by LoveMyTico

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Ok. I see. Now since you are doing AOS, you said your spouse is currently in Algeria. Does he have a work or some other visa in the US that allowed him to qualify for AOS? If not, did he get AP (advance parole) before leaving?

I got married in March and filed in April. I messed up on the numbers. I'm half awake right now at work. Been a long night. Lol

Timeline

That's the part I don't understand. That's what I thought about the I-485 as well but the embassy have me specific instructions to which ones to file. Omg I'm lost lol

No he has neither of them.

That's the part I don't understand. That's what I thought about the I-485 as well but the embassy have me specific instructions to which ones to file. Omg I'm lost lol

The I-485 is to adjust status if you are already in the US. At this point, you just need to wait for them to either approve you or send an REF . There is nothing to send in until they ask for it.

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.