Mourad's girl

family guest visa to Algeria

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Just curious how long it took to get a visa to Algeria. I have sent in all the documents 2 weeks ago. Hopefully I'll hear something soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just curious how long it took to get a visa to Algeria. I have sent in all the documents 2 weeks ago. Hopefully I'll hear something soon.

What type of visa specifically have you applied for? That can greatly affect what the timeline could be.

Edited by ElizabethDarwish
0fb4b110-8058-4795-a9f6-fc7490beaf3d.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

The last time I went (Oct of 2013) it took about 2 months to get my visa. I sent everything to the Algerian Embassy in New York. You can email them and ask when them when they think it will be processed, and just make sure they received the paperwork... visa@algeria-cgny.org

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Still no news about my visa to Algeria. So disappointed right now. I have emailed them twice with no reply. :( was planning on traveling the 15th of October. Now I don't know if I will get to go at all. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

We've dealt with the Algerian embassy a lot and I've found you have to either get someone on the phone or physically go there to get anything done. It can take all day but actually speaking with someone in person is your best bet.

03/09/07 - POE at JFK - Temp EAD given

03/13/07 - Married

AOS

04/20/07 - Package arrived in Chicago

04/26/07 - NOA1 for AOS and AP

05/08/07 - AP touched

05/22/07 - Biometrics

05/23/07 - RFE email notification for 485

05/29/07 - RFE received by mail - Request for medical exam

06/01/07 - Contacted congressman regarding RFE

06/08/07 - Case resumed processing

10/01/07 - Email Notice of Transfer to CSC

10/04/07 - Pending at CSC

11/09/07 - Green Card Approved

Timeline

When did you apply for the visa? It can take a few months, best to not make firm travel plans until you have the visa in hand. I am sure it will come, maybe not by Oct 15, why do you say you might not get to go at all? I have felt with the Algerian Consulate in New York more than once and they are slow to respond to emails but they do answer. Do you speak Arabic or French, or know someone who does? When they were slow to answer my email about my visa my fiancé called them and and was able to find out where it was in the process. This is the email I used visa@algeria-cgny.org Good Luck

Timeline

They received my application on the 22 of August. I know this from the tracking number. I sent emails on the 15 and 23 of September and again yesterday. I have to use up my vacation time before November so if it doesn't come before the 15 of October I'm screwed. I'm just frustrated and tired of waiting. We can't start any k1 processes until we meet. And it just seems to be dragging on. We've been talking online for over a year now and it's starting to stress me out.

Thanks for all your replies.

Timeline

One other thing you can try...If you made a copy of the money order you can check to see if it has been cashed. If it has been cashed then your visa should be on its way soon. I am sorry that you are getting stressed, hopefully it has been cashed :)

Timeline

Unfortunately I didn't make a copy. I'm going to call them when they open today and see how far I can get, then I'll have mourad call them and see where he can get. Insha'allah it will all work out. I haven't lost hope.

Timeline

Called the consulate in New York today. Very rude woman told me to just email them. There is no one to talk to. Any information I need must be through email. When I told her I have been sending emails to them since September 15th with no reply she told me to just send another one today. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.