Pishi_Pishi

I need to do to change embassy, how?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi there,

My finace is from Iran and I had a choice to pick interview at 3 different locations. I picked Abu Dhabi, but I would like to change it to Yerevan, Armenia. I am still waiting for NOA2 at TSC. How do I go about changing it? Can I do it? Do I contact TSC or do I need to wait for NOA2 and contact NVC? I heard it's not so easy to get accomplished anything via phone. I also worry if NVC gets my case, there won't be time for any changes. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

:luv:

Hi there,

My finace is from Iran and I had a choice to pick interview at 3 different locations. I picked Abu Dhabi, but I would like to change it to Yerevan, Armenia. I am still waiting for NOA2 at TSC. How do I go about changing it? Can I do it? Do I contact TSC or do I need to wait for NOA2 and contact NVC? I heard it's not so easy to get accomplished anything via phone. I also worry if NVC gets my case, there won't be time for any changes. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

When you get your noa2 it's written there how you going to change the consulate..if you wish to change it..so I will suggest to wait your noa2..and its base also the address you put in the 2nd page of your 129f application.. I've been in that situation that's why I remembered everything regarding how to change the consulate. .goodluck

Timeline

Hi. Thank you for this information. I received NOA and instructions say to fill out for I-824 and the fee is $405. Did you have to pay? This is a lot just to correct the embassy :(

Hi. Thank you for this information. I received NOA and instructions say to fill out for I-824 and the fee is $405. Did you have to pay? This is a lot just to correct the embassy :(

If that the case wait till nvc send your case file in abu dhabi..then contact the embassy in armenia that you are requesting your case file to be transferred from abu dhabi to armenia. .but I will tell you that step is really causing delays

Like mine, I requested my files to be transferred from.manila to here in uae last june 16, and until now I'm still waiting for them.to physically received my files..think about it.goodluck ?

Edited by hardrockangel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

To give you an idea of the time frame when requesting a case transfer from consulate to consulate, here's how it exactly happend for me. We got my case transfered from Japan to Canada.

Feb 9th i sent an email requesting a case transfer to Montreal's consulate. The first reply we got from them was on feb 25th. There was alot of back and forth emails so the consulate would get all the necessary infos to do the transfert.

March 25th Montreal consulate confirmed that they requested the transfer on that day.

March 28th is the date the Naha consulate sent the file via courrier (they confirmed that date to me via email).

June 13th i received confirmation from Montreal that they received my case, with my packet 4 letter!

So it took about 4 months for them to get it done from my original request. Good thing Japan's consulate transfered the case within few days, or it could have been way longer. But i did email them at the same time than MTL letting them know there would be a case transfer request coming, so maybe they were prepared for it. I dunno!

Good luck to you guys!

Timeline

Thanks AudreyND..I was told I need to file I-824 and that costs $405 and ofcourse additional time. TSC took a service request to change the consulate and told me that they can change it without a problem, but my bad luck, they mailed my application to NVC 5 days after E-mailing my case was approved. They sent it out so quickly and average tme is like 14-25 days. Once it's sent out NVC also told me they can't really help me and I need to fill out I-824 and have it done the same way you did :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. You could try to get the case transfered after NVC stage, once it reach the consulate, but so close to the end, i doubt you want to add extra wait time for a case transfer!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got ours transfered from manila to hong kong. my fiance in HK had to request from the us emb. in hk to have to file transfered because she was living in HK.. she used her perminent address in philippine instead of her current address in HK. it took extra few weeks for them to get it and contact her by phone

I just checked my ceac status maybe 15 minutes now..finally after 1 month and 2 weeks, from transfer in progress and now updated in ready..they got already my case file from manila. .thanks GOD ?

Timeline

I just checked my ceac status maybe 15 minutes now..finally after 1 month and 2 weeks, from transfer in progress and now updated in ready..they got already my case file from manila. .thanks GOD ?

Thats a good news! Did they give u a new case number?

Thats a good news! Did they give u a new case number?

My case number is still the same however they add ABD on it,yeah and im so thankful ?

Edited by hardrockangel

Timeline

My case number is still the same however they add ABD on it,yeah and im so thankful ?

Ohhh so they just probably change the three letters representing the new location.... Yeah lucky you, the wait didnt take that long...for ours, well its still at nvc so we'll probably start emailing the concern consulate soon as our status goes to in transit at least.. I saw it took time for them to read emails so i hope its good to send request ahead

Ohhh so they just probably change the three letters representing the new location.... Yeah lucky you, the wait didnt take that long...for ours, well its still at nvc so we'll probably start emailing the concern consulate soon as our status goes to in transit at least.. I saw it took time for them to read emails so i hope its good to send request ahead

It's written like this MNLXXXXXXXX ABD

Yeah hank told me almost 2 months,in abu dhabi they said 6-8 weeks..atleast they just completed it in 6 weeks like hank told me ?

When you approved? Because for us it took

3 weeks before nvc recieved it from uscis.

Edited by hardrockangel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.