J&A_381

CEAC lack of updates

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

My wife had her interview on 22-July at the US Embassy in Nepal. She was approved and they told her to return on 7-August to collect her passport and visa. When we check the status on ceac.state.gov, it shows READY but it advises that our case is ready for the interview when scheduled. The last update was on 20-July, 2 days before her interview. Is this normal to not have any updates at all?

The site is crazy.,

I check it everyday.. All day

Last time my case was looked at said: July 9

Last night it changed to July 21

(Yesterday's date was July 23)

So there is a delay somewhere...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Someone posted a while ago on this forum about glitch/crashes at state department global database.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/507041-glitch-crashes-state-department-global-database/

I also read it online on this site: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/23/glitch-crashes-global-us-passport-visa-operations/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fnational+%28Internal+-+US+Latest+-+Text%29

So I guess maybe that's the reason.

Edited by EOC4ever

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
My wife had her interview and was approved on 22-July. We have checked the CEAC site for status updates quite a few times since then. It has always shown the same thing as shown below.
The day of the interview it showed "Status Updated Date 20-July-2014". It showed the same date until saturday when it updated to 24-July. This morning it changed to 27-July. The status remained the same though. Only the Updated Date changed.
Does these Updated Date changes mean they are actually doing something with it?
U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: KDU2014************ Case Creation Date: 11-Mar-2014 Status Updated Date: 27-Jul-2014
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:

Filed: Timeline

We are in the same situation here as J&A_381

Wife had her interview on 7/22 at the Embassy in Tokyo, Japan.

Just updated in the CEAC website to show Administrative Processing on 7/28.

She was told at the interview that she should receive her VISA within a week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.