mkhan

Waiting for NVC to close my case

79 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for your time.

I submitted my DS260 in april 2014 and then i got check list for submition of supporting docs. I submitted those as well which they received on 9th may 2014. Now its been 18 days , i did not hear any thing. I called them, they said to wait 30 working days but on email it says 20 days. She said turn around time is 30 days now :(

Today i read people are talking about retrogression ? what exactly is this ? i read the visa bulletin for June it says:

"*NOTE: For June, F2A numbers EXEMPT from per-country limit are available to applicants from all countries with priority dates earlier than 15MAR11. F2A numbers SUBJECT to per-country limit are available to applicants chargeable to all countries EXCEPT MEXICO with priority dates beginning 15MAR11 and earlier than 01MAY12. (All F2A numbers provided for MEXICO are exempt from the per-country limit; there are no F2A numbers for MEXICO subject to per-country limit.)
"

My priority dats is 03 March 2011. As per above mentioned visa bulletion note i hope retrogression will not effect me or does it ? Please shed some light.

Thanks & Regards

M Khan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dont worry . My case got completed after 21 days of receiving documents by nvc for ex they received ur documents n entered on their systed on 9th may u count 21-22 days ffrom there and all ur firms n documents will be reviewed and they will cimpleted ur case if they dont need anything else call them after 3-4 days

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for your time.

I submitted my DS260 in april 2014 and then i got check list for submition of supporting docs. I submitted those as well which they received on 9th may 2014. Now its been 18 days , i did not hear any thing. I called them, they said to wait 30 working days but on email it says 20 days. She said turn around time is 30 days now :(

Today i read people are talking about retrogression ? what exactly is this ? i read the visa bulletin for June it says:

"*NOTE: For June, F2A numbers EXEMPT from per-country limit are available to applicants from all countries with priority dates earlier than 15MAR11. F2A numbers SUBJECT to per-country limit are available to applicants chargeable to all countries EXCEPT MEXICO with priority dates beginning 15MAR11 and earlier than 01MAY12. (All F2A numbers provided for MEXICO are exempt from the per-country limit; there are no F2A numbers for MEXICO subject to per-country limit.)

"

My priority dats is 03 March 2011. As per above mentioned visa bulletion note i hope retrogression will not effect me or does it ? Please shed some light.

Thanks & Regards

M Khan

Your PD is before the cut-off so you're not affected by retro. Good luck.

Timeline

I have a quick question. I submitted the DS260 on 6th April 2014 and then later on supporting docs which they (NVC) received on 9th may 2014. My wife is expecting a baby now. What if we have another baby now befor case closure or after case closure but for sure new born baby will in this world before my interview :) Now do i need to submit DS260 again ? Please reply ASAP.

Timeline

I have a quick question. I submitted the DS260 on 6th April 2014 and then later on supporting docs which they (NVC) received on 9th may 2014. My wife is expecting a baby now. What if we have another baby now befor case closure or after case closure but for sure new born baby will in this world before my interview :) Now do i need to submit DS260 again ? Please reply ASAP.

If baby is born and case is still with NVC, you have to inform NVC by submitting the child's birth certificate. A new affidavit of support must be filled out too plus submit baby's civil documents like passport copy and visa photos. IV fee for baby must be paid as well + DS260 for him/her.

If case is already at the Embassy by the time the baby is born, all the things I mentioned above will be done at the embassy interview.

Timeline

@ apple21 - I am sorry i forgot to metion my wife and daughter is already there in US and my daughter is US national because she was born there last year. Now new baby will also be born there. hence, i dnt think i need to submit DS260 for new baby. I am in Pakistan and waiting for nvc to close my case. Can you please reviwe again my previous question again in light of this information. Many Thanks

Timeline

@ apple21 - I am sorry i forgot to metion my wife and daughter is already there in US and my daughter is US national because she was born there last year. Now new baby will also be born there. hence, i dnt think i need to submit DS260 for new baby. I am in Pakistan and waiting for nvc to close my case. Can you please reviwe again my previous question again in light of this information. Many Thanks

If baby is born in the US, then he/she is a US citizen. :rolleyes:

DS260 is only for the intending immigrant, you.

Timeline
  • Thank you so much. yes. I mentioned one kid in my DS260 form where they ask children information and she is not intending to go to with me coz she is already there. I was worried at the time of interview what if there is any another baby in my family then they might ask my to update my ds260 form again (the children portion only).

Timeline
  • Thank you so much. yes. I mentioned one kid in my DS260 form where they ask children information and she is not intending to go to with me coz she is already there. I was worried at the time of interview what if there is any another baby in my family then they might ask my to update my ds260 form again (the children portion only).

You can simply inform the consul about your new child. They can update the info on your DS260. No need to submit a new one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.