RosscoPeecho

Packet 3 Help

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has been answered before and I spent quite a bit of time searching for the answers but I just want to make sure I have it clear.

We received Packet 3 and I want to make sure we send in the right stuff in the packet and keep the other correct things for the interview.

Could someone please be clear on what we need to send and what we need to keep for the interview?

The website (here) says what to send and what to keep, but it's the Montreal website. The interactions we received (here) tell are a bit vague on what to send and what to keep.

We are in Thailand if that makes any difference for this question.

Also, when assembling information for evidence of support will it be okay to simply print off from my banking website or will I need an official document from each bank? I will be relying on investments more than current income as I recently finished university (it's a considerable amount). Does anyone know if this will be a stumbling block or not? I also have a job waiting for me once I return to the US which they will supply a letter for proof.

Timeline

Sorry for the double post but I would like to ask some more questions.

Is it okay to send the Packet 3 without the police clearance (and bring to interview)?

For the Affidavit of Support am I able to send copies of the documents in the packet and bring originals to the interview (since I need to send from the USA)?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has been answered before and I spent quite a bit of time searching for the answers but I just want to make sure I have it clear.

We received Packet 3 and I want to make sure we send in the right stuff in the packet and keep the other correct things for the interview.

Could someone please be clear on what we need to send and what we need to keep for the interview?

The website (here) says what to send and what to keep, but it's the Montreal website. The interactions we received (here) tell are a bit vague on what to send and what to keep.

We are in Thailand if that makes any difference for this question.

Also, when assembling information for evidence of support will it be okay to simply print off from my banking website or will I need an official document from each bank? I will be relying on investments more than current income as I recently finished university (it's a considerable amount). Does anyone know if this will be a stumbling block or not? I also have a job waiting for me once I return to the US which they will supply a letter for proof.

I don't know why you are getting info from some Canadian web site but I caution you to make sure you comply with the embassies requirements In BKK Thailand because it makes a huge difference.

Download the P 3 info and forms from the correct embassy site. Send in everything they request that you have. Anything missing can be hand carried but I suggest you send a note indicating what will be brought. If anything is missing at the interview they will delay the issuance of the visa until the file is complete.

BKK does not allow the use of cosponsors in 99% of K 1 cases. If your income is less than required and you must rely on this investment income alone it must equal the required support level.

The job you say is waiting is good but has produced zero income that could be presented at the interview via the 134. A letter from some company may not be enough to help because the officer knows this could change very quickly. Still it may help some. Keep in mind these officers have to follow certain rules about income.

You will not be at the interview itself so she will have to be ready to answer questions about your income when they come up OR you will need to supply whatever you can in writing. This should be submitted with the 134 so it can be reviewed prior to the interview. This will serve different purposes including allowing them to question the info before the interview so you have a chance to respond if possible.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I asked to have this moved to the Thailand forum. You'll get better answers there, although Ning pretty much summed it up.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Thailand Regional Forum, from US Embassy and Consulate Discussion~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

We're at this same spot as well. I'm just absolutely confused as to what forms the ds-160 replaced. Is there an updated instructin list? Is there one in Thai as well?

-Jan 24th, 2014 sent in I-129F

-Jan 31ist, 2014 received NOA1 via text/email. Arrived at CSC

-Feb 4th, 2014 received Alien registration number.

-Feb 24th, 2014 received NOA2

-Mar 12, 2014 Arrived at Embassy

-Mar 20, 2014 Packet 3 sent to Embassy

-Mar 28, 2014 Received packet 3 instructions in mail

-Mar 25, 2014 Interview date set

-Apr 4, 2014 Interview.. approved :dancing:

-May 21, 2014 - PoE LV NV

-May 30, 2014 - Married

Timeline

k-1 Visa Application Cover Letter

##############

############ Apartment 2-A

Room ######### Floor #

################ rd.

############## 20-22

Saunlaung, Bangkok, 10250

+66###########

US Embassy, Consular Section, Immigrant Visa Unit

120-122 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Bangkok 10330

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed you will find my Form I-134 affidavit of support and form DS-160 confirmation in regards to a petition for K-1 Fiancé Visa for ###########, and supporting documents.

Contents include:

- Receipt of payment from Thailand Post for 7,440 baht ($240). This has now changed to a bank I heard????

- Form DS-2001

- Passport photocopy

- Proof of birth

- Form DS-160 confirmation

- Two color photographs

- Amendment to I-134

- Form I-134

- Police clearance papers from Thailand

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Signed,

Timeline

I-134 Cover Letter

##########

############# Rd

###########, WI, ###########

American Consulate General, Bangkok
95 Wireless Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand

10/18/2013

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my Form I-134, affidavit of support for ###########, and supporting documents.

Contents include:

- I-134

- Letter from employer

- Last four pay stubs from employer

- 2012 Tax Transcripts

- 2012 1099-G and W2

- Letter from bank officer

- Most current bank statement

- Savings account deposit inquiry and one year of receipts

- Checking account deposit inquiry and one year of receipts

- Statement from investment holding

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Signed,

Timeline

The cover letter for packet three, titled k1 visa application cover letter, has the documents listed in the order the embassy wants them. If you will not be sending a document you should include a letter of explanation. Also I read you must pay at some bank now... I don't really know about that. My amendment to the I-134 was additional pay stubs.

;

The cover letter for I-134 lists 2012 information, as it is 2014 you should provide 2013 information at least. If you cant get 2013 tax transcripts use the 1040 and W2s. The letter from the bank officer should be original and signed and indicate date of account opening and current balance. You should also provide deposit inquires for one year. If you are going to rely on saving (please check to confirm) I think they are valued at 20%; so to meet the minimum you need like 100,000 in holdings.

Timeline

Thanks for the replies. Sorry my first post was a bit dumb as my brain was turning to mush at 3am after reading countless posts. Every embassy is different and has different requirements and sticking points. I now realize this so the difference in packets is understandable.

I've already had an immigration attorney check my finances before submitting the I-129f and I met the financial requirements through my significant savings/stocks. But being that I just finished university and am currently in Thailand with my fiancée I was wondering if the letter for future (and current online) employment would help even tho I haven't received any income from the position waiting (but have received some from my website/database management for their system online).

These documents will have to be sent to Thailand. Same with the financial documents and we're waiting on the police report. I was hoping to get an interview set up sooner than later so I was hoping I could send photocopies of the documents in the packet with a note that I (my fiancée*) will supply originals at the interview. Also a note that the police clearance will also be supplied.

Is it too risky to go this route and I should just wait till all the docs and originals are sent here?

Side note, I'm annoyed this process has been MORE difficult with me being in Thailand with my fiancée. Wish there was some middle ground here with a cleaner filing process. Have had to rely on too many people to do too many jobs to get this finished.

Thanks everybody for the help. NOA1 was Jan 25 and NOA2 was Feb 14 so I'm a bit caught off guard with the recent speed of the system. It's nice but now I'm scrambling for perfection.

Timeline

Thanks for the replies. Sorry my first post was a bit dumb as my brain was turning to mush at 3am after reading countless posts. Every embassy is different and has different requirements and sticking points. I now realize this so the difference in packets is understandable.

I've already had an immigration attorney check my finances before submitting the I-129f and I met the financial requirements through my significant savings/stocks. But being that I just finished university and am currently in Thailand with my fiancée I was wondering if the letter for future (and current online) employment would help even tho I haven't received any income from the position waiting (but have received some from my website/database management for their system online).

These documents will have to be sent to Thailand. Same with the financial documents and we're waiting on the police report. I was hoping to get an interview set up sooner than later so I was hoping I could send photocopies of the documents in the packet with a note that I (my fiancée*) will supply originals at the interview. Also a note that the police clearance will also be supplied.

Is it too risky to go this route and I should just wait till all the docs and originals are sent here?

Side note, I'm annoyed this process has been MORE difficult with me being in Thailand with my fiancée. Wish there was some middle ground here with a cleaner filing process. Have had to rely on too many people to do too many jobs to get this finished.

Thanks everybody for the help. NOA1 was Jan 25 and NOA2 was Feb 14 so I'm a bit caught off guard with the recent speed of the system. It's nice but now I'm scrambling for perfection.

In the rare cases where I've seen the BKK embassy accept a co-sponsor, it has been situations similar to yours, where the petitioner has just finished university. It's the 50 year old guy living in his parent's basement and then wanting to use a co-sponsor where they have a problem. So you might consider getting a co-sponsor if you're worried about not meeting the financial requirements on your own. You should be fine if you explain the situation when submitting the I-134. Sending evidence of your waiting employment should help as well.

Timeline

I think original documents from an employer verifying that you in fact will begin work at such and such salary would encourage your case officer. But they will do the approval by the numbers; if you have enough money in holding to satisfy the 125% of poverty level at the 20% rate you should be approved. If you have photo copies of documents and will have the originals at time of interview that should also be fine, but the final call is up to the case officer. Also I think it is common to not have the police clearance at time of packet 3 submission and to send an explanation that you will bring it to the interview. In my case I had everything prepared at time of P3 submission. Also don't forget to get the tracking number from Thai post so you know when your packet arrives to Embassy. And the Tabien Baan and legal to marry papers from district office, I did not submit those because beneficiary is non-Thai but you will need them or face a 221g refusal.

Also below is my cover letter for interview, if you are submitting P3 you may get an interview within 2 weeks and need to get ready quickly!

Edited by TEX_715

Timeline

K-1 Visa Interview Cover Letter

########

################# 2-A

Room 2561 Floor 5

############# rd.

########## 20-22

Saunlaung, Bangkok, 10250

+66###########

US Embassy, Consular Section, Immigrant Visa Unit

120-122 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Bangkok 10330

Contents include:

• Beneficiary's Passport

• Proof of Birth

• DS-160 Confirmation page

• Two Color Photographs of Beneficiary

• Receipt of Payment from Thailand Post for Visa Fee

• I-134 Affidavit of Support

• Police Clearance from Thailand

• Proof of Ongoing Relationship

• Sealed Medical Examination Envelope

• Photocopies of parents ID's

• House Regisration (Tabien Baan) -----Not sure if the wording is correct as I did not need to submit

• Legal to Marry Papers -----Not sure if the wording is correct as I did not need to submit

Signed,

Proof of Ongoing Relationship

Table of contents:

1. Current letter from Petitioner confirming intent to marry.

2. Time Petitioner was in Thailand with passport stamp proof.

3. Beneficiary’s passport stamps that coincide with Petitioner’s.

4. Petitioner's bank statement showing checking account withdrawal from Thailand.

5. Receipt from Thai bank corresponding to Petitioner's bank statement withdrawal.

6. Receipts from Thailand post office of package Petitioner sent to USA.

7. Petitioner’s most recent trip itinerary to Thailand with return flights boarding passes.

8. Petitioner's receipt of purchase made at Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi International airport.

9. Petitioner credit card bills showing purchases made by Petitioner in Thailand.

10. Facebook messages between Petitioner and Beneficiary.

11. Skype records between Petitioner and Beneficiary.

12. Emails between Petitioner and Beneficiary.

13. MoneyGram receipt Petitioner sent to Beneficiary.

14. FedEx receipt from package Petitioner sent to Beneficiary.

15. Thailand Post air mail envelope Beneficiary sent to Petitioner.

16. Verizon phone records of calls made by Beneficiary to Petitioner (07/12/13 -to- 09/05/13)

17. AT&T phone records of calls made by Beneficiary to Petitioner (10/13/13)

18. Photo printouts from 129-f submission.

19. Primary evidence photos of Petitioner with Beneficiary.

Photos are very important! Also important for interview is to know the exact date of meeting first and the last time you met.

Edited by TEX_715

Timeline

Photos are very important!

Yes they are! BKK is weird about it for some reason. I proved that I lived in Thailand for 3 years, and gave them 4 or 5 photos with my wife. They gave me a 221g and said "we want more photos"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes they are! BKK is weird about it for some reason. I proved that I lived in Thailand for 3 years, and gave them 4 or 5 photos with my wife. They gave me a 221g and said "we want more photos"

Weird? You are too kind. We submitted no photos and were never asked about them. I think this has everything to do with which officer works the case. Probably a good idea to include some.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.