stanko76

I-130 F3 approved!!!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

After 5 years and 1 month!!

Good luck to everyone!!!!

Post-Decision Activity

On December 23, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Finally, we got it!!!!

p.s.

How to add new born son to the case (approved)???

:star:

After 5 years and 1 month!!

Good luck to everyone!!!!

Post-Decision Activity

On December 23, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Finally, we got it!!!!

p.s.

How to add new born son to the case (approved)???

:star:

Congratulations!

Now the wait time begins for the visa number to become available.

They are currently working on petitions filed on 01MAR01 so you have another 4-5 years wait.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_4576.html

You'll add the child when the NVC time comes.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Well, someone predict that i will wait approval for 7-9 years and i wait 5.....so we`ll see...ESE!!!!

It is approximately 10 years altogether from filing to receiving a visa in this category, so maybe they were talking about that.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Well, someone predict that i will wait approval for 7-9 years and i wait 5.....so we`ll see...ESE!!!!

Approval of the I-130 does not mean that you are close to getting a visa. All it means it that USCIS made a determination that the petitioner can file for you and there is a qualifying family relationship.

Your case now goes to the NVC where you must wait for an available visa in your category. Currently those with I-130s filed before May 22, 2001, are eligible for visas.

You still have a long wait. Maybe another 4 years. Once you ask to add the child, the NVC will send you a receipt. You can expect not to hear from them until your PD is about to become current. At that point, the petitioner will be asked to send in an Affidavit of Support (I-864) and you will be asked to send in the Immigration Visa Application (DS-230). That is when you apply for a visa. At this point, you do not have an application for an immigration visa.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You can look at situation as half full or half empty glass of water.

Approval of the I-130 means that you are one step closer to getting immigration visas for yourself and your family.

You should have understood from the beginning that the process was going to take 9-11 years. There are several million (possibly tens of millions) of petitions at USCIS and the NVC. Everyone is in line for a visa. You have to be in the line for your category and wait like everyone else.

No foreign national is entitled to immigrate to the US. Immigrating to the US is a privilege that is extended to foreign nationals because they have a relative who is a US citizen or permanent resident.

Hundreds of millions (if not billions) of people who want to immigrate to the US will never get the opportunity. They do not have a family member in the US who can petition for them. You and your family have one. You need to be patience and understand that the process takes 9-11 years.

If you were Mexicans, Indian, Chinese, or Filipino, you would have an even longer wait. It can take 23 years for a Filipino to get a visa. You only have to wait 9-11 years.

From my perspective, you have it better than hundreds of millions of other people and their families. You have an opportunity to immigrate to the US.

On Christmas day, I hope that you will look at your situation as a blessed one rather than be angry and disappointed. There are others who will never get the opportunity that you have. You should seek your glass of water as half full rather than half empty.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.