ariest

DS3032 via email?

22 posts in this topic

I've noticed a lot of members send their Choice of Agent and Address via email. How do you do that?

Just plain text in the body of an email (and what do you write then?) or attachement with the actual filled out form scanned?

What about your signature if it's sent through email?

Is this the correct email: nvcinquiry@state.gov?

How do you know NVC recieved and accepted it?

I would appreciate your responses!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We did something very similar to that described in the NVC timesavers (see the link in my sig). Ours went a little something like this:

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is BENEFICIARY and my visa case number is CASE_NUMBER

I have not received my DS-3032, but would like to appoint my husband as my agent of choice to receive all the correspondence from NVC. I have CCed both his individual email address and an email address that we jointly maintain.

His name and address is:

NAME

ADDRESS

ADDRESS

All mail from the U.S. Department of State concerning my immigration visa application for the case number listed above should be sent to him at the address above. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

BENEFICIARY

It was sent to NVCINQUIRY@state.gov and we received a response from the NVC in two days from the same address telling us to expect the IV Bill. Plain text, no attachments, no "real" signature. Seems like all you need to know is the case number and the name of the beneficiary. It probably helps to choose your spouse that's filed the petition. A bit scary in its simplicity... I guess that's why you need to keep your case number under your hat. Hope this helps. ttyl,

mich

I've noticed a lot of members send their Choice of Agent and Address via email. How do you do that?

Just plain text in the body of an email (and what do you write then?) or attachement with the actual filled out form scanned?

Let me show you how to get your tax returns the easy way

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

Our DS-3032 email to the NVC

02 Jan 2006 - Married

...----===::: CR-1 :::===---...

22 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

14 Jul 2006 - DS-230 Package Received by USC

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

See profile for the details up to and in between the events listed here.

...---===::: K3 :::===---...

17 May 2006 - Date NVC says petition shipped to embassy

18 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

01 Jul 2006 - Packet "3" received from embassy

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

21 Sept 2006 - K3 Interview Date (APPROVED)

27 Sept 2006 - Received Visa

06 Oct 2006 - Arrives in the USA! Finally home together. :)

(Truncated timeline - sig too long. See profile for all details.)

Timeline

Not a problem. We're thinking that we may have shaved about a week and a half off of the long track using this. We sent the email as soon as the hotline said the form was generated, and got a response a day after the forms actually arrived at my place. So yeah, hopefully it will help you too! :) ttyl,

mich

Thank you sooooo much for your reply!

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

02 Jan 2006 - Married

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

We did something very similar to that described in the NVC timesavers (see the link in my sig). Ours went a little something like this:
Dear Sir or Madam,

I have not received my DS-3032, but would like to appoint my husband as my agent of choice to receive all the correspondence from NVC. I have CCed both his individual email address and an email address that we jointly maintain.

His name and address is:

NAME

ADDRESS

ADDRESS

All mail from the U.S. Department of State concerning my immigration visa application for the case number listed above should be sent to him at the address above. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

BENEFICIARY

It was sent to NVCINQUIRY@state.gov and we received a response from the NVC in two days from the same address telling us to expect the IV Bill. Plain text, no attachments, no "real" signature. Seems like all you need to know is the case number and the name of the beneficiary. It probably helps to choose your spouse that's filed the petition. A bit scary in its simplicity... I guess that's why you need to keep your case number under your hat. Hope this helps. ttyl,

mich

Phirephly,

I am waiting for my case number. As of today, they don't have any record for my approved petition. They replied me that they already received my approved petition and on the process of assigning a case number and putting it on their computer system. Maybe tomorrow (Tuesday) I will get a case number, as usually it is assigned on Tuesday. I will follow the same route that you did for Choice of Agent.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline

Yeah, I would expect it's still a little early for your case number. The 20th or 27th would feel about right, judging by our timeline. Yes, I definitely recommend emailing for Choice of Agent. It looks like it worked even better for ariest than it did for me. :)

Someday they should automate all this stuff. It would be pretty easy and make life easier for them too. Why shouldn't we be able to just get an email that we have a case number that asks us to fill out the DS-3032 online? We could pay the AoS Fee Bill and IV Bills online using a US check or credit card with a Visa or Mastercard logo. The DS-230 and the I-864 might still need to be in paper form, or there might be a way to automate those too - or at least the DS-230. For those (like me) that need to send docs with the DS-230, once it's submitted, you get the address to which you send your docs. Most of this seems like it would be fairly trivial and would only improve the system for both them and us. In theory, you could get almost the entire NVC process done in one night! Oh well.

Phirephly,

I am waiting for my case number. As of today, they don't have any record for my approved petition. They replied me that they already received my approved petition and on the process of assigning a case number and putting it on their computer system. Maybe tomorrow (Tuesday) I will get a case number, as usually it is assigned on Tuesday. I will follow the same route that you did for Choice of Agent.

Next day? Wow. You're right that was fast. Now your IV Bill should be generated in about a week (if it matches our timeline). Kiss your $380 goodbye ;)

Wow! NVC replied by email the next day. That was SOME shortcut! Thanks for advice!

ttyl,

mich

02 Jan 2006 - Married

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

• 1 year later...
Filed: Timeline
Dear Sir or Madam,

His name and address is:

NAME

ADDRESS

ADDRESS

Sincerely,

BENEFICIARY

How long did NVC take to reply to your email?

John

Timeline:

I-130 was send on Jan 29th

I-130 approved on Jun 19th

AOS Fee Bill / DS3032 send to me on Jul 16th.

AOS Fee Bill send to NVC on Jul 23rd

DS3032 (choice of agent email send to NVC) Jul 27th

DS3032 Accepted and Processed (notified via email) - Aug 10th

NVC instructed to download I864 Financial Affidavit (from website) fill it and send it in - Aug 10th

I864EZ Send out to NVC - Aug 23rd

IV Bill arrived at my address (generated Aug 13th) - Aug 25th

IV Bill Send to NVC - Aug 28th

Instructions to send in DS-230 Part I - Sep 28th

DS-230 Part I/supporting docs send - Oct 10th

DS-230 Part I - accepted

Letter received noting that Visa documents send to Embassy

Medical done : Jan 05, 2008 @ Chennai

Interview on Jan 08, 2008

VISA APPROVED - Jan 08, 2008. Thank God!

Jan 17, 2008 - Arrived in USA :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I e-mailed my choice of agent last week, got an automatic confirmation that they received the e-mail and said that they are going to process it. Haven't received any confirmation yet. Tomorrow (Tuesday) my wife will call them and see what's going on!

Married Jan 2007

I-130

03/21/2007 sent to NSC - 06/18/2007 NOA2 - 89 days

NVC stage

07/24/2007 e-mailed DS-3032 choice of agent

01/04/2008 Approved - visa in my hand! 289 days

01/13/2008 Entry the US

10/15/2009 I-751

12/03/2009 Biometrics

1/06/2010 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

i choose to email DS3032 choice of address and agent form on 16th July and after calling nearly all last week got an email response that it was accepted! email them and snail mail just as a back up, it worked!

Removal of conditions

10-05-09 : Mailed I-751

10-08-09 : Delivered to ALBANS, VT 05479

10-13-09 : Check CASHED

10-19-09 : Recieved NOA1

10-13-09 : Recieved Biometric Appointment for 11/16/09

11-16-09 : Biometric Done - Dallas

11-17-09 : Touched

Just my 2 cents....

I did read few of our VJers friends sending an email for the DS3023- Choice of Agent. NVC is taking at least 7-14 days to respond to this request. I originally planned to email them, but since I got the feeling they are backed up, I sent them a trial email (not the DS3023, it has not generated yet)... this is my 14th day, but still no word from them. I have scanned an original document, which my husband signed and sent back to me. The barcode I generated following James' shortcut is already attached on the form, just waiting for the generated automated message to tell me so, and this DS3032 will be mailed next-day air. I can't take any chances, it's the BEST route for me right now.

I actually posted my concern on another thread... Good luck friends!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1085741

Edited by RandyandRina

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Just my 2 cents....

I did read few of our VJers friends sending an email for the DS3023- Choice of Agent. NVC is taking at least 7-14 days to respond to this request. I originally planned to email them, but since I got the feeling they are backed up, I sent them a trial email (not the DS3023, it has not generated yet)... this is my 14th day, but still no word from them. I have scanned an original document, which my husband signed and sent back to me. The barcode I generated following James' shortcut is already attached on the form, just waiting for the generated automated message to tell me so, and this DS3032 will be mailed next-day air. I can't take any chances, it's the BEST route for me right now.

I actually posted my concern on another thread... Good luck friends!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1085741

NVC will accept choice of agent email, if you email them after NVC generates choice of agent (DS 3032). If you email them before it is generated, then it will be ignored.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

• 9 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
Phirephly,

I just read that you emailed the NVC to get your case number.

I was wondering if you could explain what you said and where you sent it.

Any help would be greatly appreciate it

.png

Picture1.png

.png.png

nikki-2-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.