mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

small axe,

Interesting - I had no problem fitting my wife's address, in Roman characters, in the space provided for I-129f. Street, village, tambon, amphur, province, and country. I used the abreviations T. and A. for tambon and amphur, respectively. I used an attached sheet to provide the address in Thai characters.

Old info on the photos. The full frontal view replaced the 3/4 profile view quite some time ago.

My wife signed her DS-230-I before sending it in, without adverse consequence, but that was a couple of years ago. I would follow the current instruction from the consulate.

For what it's worth, while the airline industry may designate the airport in Bangkok as BKK the State Department designates its' embassy in Bangkok as BNK. Although I observe that they do sometimes slip up and use BKK themselves.

Yodrak

Ha! My fiancee's only experience with the Bangkok embassy came last spring, when she was denied an application for a tourist visa, after an "interview" that lasted less than two minutes. She sometimes slips up as well, and refers to the place by a couple of choice "designations" of her own!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

small axe,

The forms may ask for the address using the standard US address format, but I gave them the address in the Thai format and sequence using the spaces available, regardless of how the spaces are labeled.

# and village (no street) and tamboon both, rather than # and street

amphur and province both, rather than town or city

and country

Remember, it's the consulate staff that is going to send mail to the visa applicant - they live in Thailand, they know how Thai addresses work. Give them all of the information and they'll understand how to address the mailpiece.

Yodrak

On page 1 of the I-129F form, they only ask for "number and street", "town or city", "state or country" and "Zip/postal code", so I gave them:

(name)

(street address)

Ban Dongbang

Thailand 46120

On page 2 of the form, they ask for "Your fiancee's address abroad", and they have a space for "State or province", so I entered "Kalasin". BUT... they don't ask for a postal code. .....

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Small Axe

About the Thai address... how did you write it down? I'm sorry but i'm kinda confuse - did you mean you didnt write down the word Tumbon & Ampur? or you didnt write down then name of it?

for example.. if you write down

Name

1234 Sukhumvit Rd

Pratumwan, BKK 10130

That is fine.. For the address outside BKK - if it contain Road, Ampur (which is city) and Province , zip - it's OK too.. example

Name

1234 M.7 East Rd

Muang, Conburi, 20130

that should be fine :)

Edit to add that I've never have a problem sending mail to my family with a shorter address beofre.. so..

And about the pictures.. sorry i cant help :)

Thanks for your input, and... I guess that I wasn't all that clear. My fiancee lives in a small village near Kalasin, and her full address is:

(name)

(street address)

Ban Dongbang

T. Huanakam

A. Yangtalad

Kalasin 46120

Thailand

On page 1 of the I-129F form, they only ask for "number and street", "town or city", "state or country" and "Zip/postal code", so I gave them:

(name)

(street address)

Ban Dongbang

Thailand 46120

On page 2 of the form, they ask for "Your fiancee's address abroad", and they have a space for "State or province", so I entered "Kalasin". BUT... they don't ask for a postal code. I've sent a "test" letter to my fiancee addressed like this, and she did receive it:

(name)

(street address)

Ban Dongbang

Kalasin 46120

Thailand

So.... I think that I've supplied enough info for them to get a letter delivered to her, but I don't know if they'll be able to put it together. (Actually, I believe that anything addressed using the 46120 postal code will eventually find it's way to the post office in Yangtalad, and that they'll know what to do with it...)

At any rate, I'd feel better if the embassy had the complete address, so I guess I'll e-mail them to see if they've received the case yet.

Again.... thanks!

Um... I dont know.. but it seems TO ME that If it were me I'd put the Ampur in there in stead of Ban Dongbang and then the province... you know.. Ban is very small - it actually similar to you saying 1234 east Rd, neignborhood name,NC (you get my point?) I dont know if that's gonna work.. it might - I just never left out the ampur (city) out before...

But that's just my opinion....

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

anya-D,

But remember, he did give the postal code. That should get the mailpiece close enough to the final destination that the postal workers will know the specified neighborhood - yes?

Risky, perhaps, relying on the postal code, but it should work.

Yodrak

Thanks for your input, and... I guess that I wasn't all that clear. My fiancee lives in a small village near Kalasin, and her full address is:

(name)

(street address)

Ban Dongbang

T. Huanakam

A. Yangtalad

Kalasin 46120

Thailand

(name)

(street address)

Ban Dongbang

Thailand 46120

On page 2 of the form, they ask for "Your fiancee's address abroad", and they have a space for "State or province", so I entered "Kalasin". BUT... they don't ask for a postal code. I've sent a "test" letter to my fiancee addressed like this, and she did receive it:

(name)

(street address)

Ban Dongbang

Kalasin 46120

Thailand

So.... I think that I've supplied enough info for them to get a letter delivered to her, but I don't know if they'll be able to put it together. (Actually, I believe that anything addressed using the 46120 postal code will eventually find it's way to the post office in Yangtalad, and that they'll know what to do with it...)

At any rate, I'd feel better if the embassy had the complete address, so I guess I'll e-mail them to see if they've received the case yet.

Again.... thanks!

Um... I dont know.. but it seems TO ME that If it were me I'd put the Ampur in there in stead of Ban Dongbang and then the province... you know.. Ban is very small - it actually similar to you saying 1234 east Rd, neignborhood name,NC (you get my point?) I dont know if that's gonna work.. it might - I just never left out the ampur (city) out before...

But that's just my opinion....

Timeline

Yea Yodrak - The zip should be specific enough.. but quite risky indeed - wish it gets trhough though....

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

Timeline

Hey there!

Thanks for all of your input on the address thing. If I had it to do over, I think I would have attached a supplemental sheet to the original petition, but... that was then. I e-mailed the embassy last night, asking them to notify me when they received the case from the NVC, so that I could amend the address before they mailed the packet 3. There was a reply in my inbox this morning, stating that they'd received the case on the 28th ( a day BEFORE my letter from the NVC was dated, telling me that they'd be sending the case to Thailand "within a week"!!!) Apparently, the packet 3 has not yet been sent, and they invited me to amend the address by e-mail. When I did that, I asked them to notify me when the packet was sent, because we'd LIKE to be able to get a jump on an interview date by returning the packet 3 stuff as soon as possible.

And... I've got a question about THAT (if I haven't already exhausted your kindness...)

I've been expecting that, upon notice that the packet 3 has been sent, we'd send the signed checklist, the DS230 pt 1, the 2 photos, and a photocopy of my fiancee's passport back to the IV Unit, to get the ball rolling towards packet 4. NOW... I'm wondering if I'm supposed to send only the DS230 & the checklist, with the other items to follow later (after the interview is scheduled, but before the actual interview)

Can anybody set me straight?

And.... thanks again!

Timeline
Hey there!

Thanks for all of your input on the address thing. If I had it to do over, I think I would have attached a supplemental sheet to the original petition, but... that was then. I e-mailed the embassy last night, asking them to notify me when they received the case from the NVC, so that I could amend the address before they mailed the packet 3. There was a reply in my inbox this morning, stating that they'd received the case on the 28th ( a day BEFORE my letter from the NVC was dated, telling me that they'd be sending the case to Thailand "within a week"!!!) Apparently, the packet 3 has not yet been sent, and they invited me to amend the address by e-mail. When I did that, I asked them to notify me when the packet was sent, because we'd LIKE to be able to get a jump on an interview date by returning the packet 3 stuff as soon as possible.

And... I've got a question about THAT (if I haven't already exhausted your kindness...)

I've been expecting that, upon notice that the packet 3 has been sent, we'd send the signed checklist, the DS230 pt 1, the 2 photos, and a photocopy of my fiancee's passport back to the IV Unit, to get the ball rolling towards packet 4. NOW... I'm wondering if I'm supposed to send only the DS230 & the checklist, with the other items to follow later (after the interview is scheduled, but before the actual interview)

And.... thanks again!

That's good that they let you amend the address!! YEY! No excitement for you now :lol: I cant realy help witht he checklist - Bram did that for me so i have no clue ^^

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

Hello all,

You don't see many posts from me, but I'm always around reading your stories and learning from you. I have one question but first a story you all might appreciate (if that's the right word)...

My fiance needs to present his military record (only men need this) to get the police certificate. He knew where that record is and that he needed to request it in person and then wait a week or so to have it mailed. So last Tuesday night he took the night train from Chiang Mai down to his hometown Saraburi. On Wednesday he went to the district office, and this is what he was told: We can't give you your records because you are now registered as living in Chiang Mai. You have to go to the Chiang Mai district office and tell them to move your records from Saraburi to there, and then you can request it from them. We were pretty frustrated, since he wasted time and money to go down there, but I told him, well at least now you know exactly what you need to do. Then Friday he went to the office in Chiang Mai, and you guessed it... they told him that the office in Saraburi is wrong. It has nothing to do with where he has his house registration, the military records are there in Saraburi and he has to request them from there. Agghhhh!! So this would mean another trip down there, hoping the officials would give it to him, and then still waiting a week or so for them to mail it even if successful. Then another trip to BKK for the police certificate. But then, fortunately, my fiance saw that on the police certificate info there are two types of military record acceptable, and he called a different office to see if the second type was difficult to get. They said, no problem, you can get it in one day. Good news, so with much prayer we are going to try to get the military record and apply for the police certificate on the same trip down to central Thailand in a few weeks. We'll see.....

My question is, since we are waiting on NOA2 and expecting it in Jan or Feb, is it okay to go ahead and get the bank and employer letters and the notarzed I-134 ready, or can too-early dates be a problem? Thanks!

Hello all,

You don't see many posts from me, but I'm always around reading your stories and learning from you. I have one question but first a story you all might appreciate (if that's the right word)...

My fiance needs to present his military record (only men need this) to get the police certificate. He knew where that record is and that he needed to request it in person and then wait a week or so to have it mailed. So last Tuesday night he took the night train from Chiang Mai down to his hometown Saraburi. On Wednesday he went to the district office, and this is what he was told: We can't give you your records because you are now registered as living in Chiang Mai. You have to go to the Chiang Mai district office and tell them to move your records from Saraburi to there, and then you can request it from them. We were pretty frustrated, since he wasted time and money to go down there, but I told him, well at least now you know exactly what you need to do. Then Friday he went to the office in Chiang Mai, and you guessed it... they told him that the office in Saraburi is wrong. It has nothing to do with where he has his house registration, the military records are there in Saraburi and he has to request them from there. Agghhhh!! So this would mean another trip down there, hoping the officials would give it to him, and then still waiting a week or so for them to mail it even if successful. Then another trip to BKK for the police certificate. But then, fortunately, my fiance saw that on the police certificate info there are two types of military record acceptable, and he called a different office to see if the second type was difficult to get. They said, no problem, you can get it in one day. Good news, so with much prayer we are going to try to get the military record and apply for the police certificate on the same trip down to central Thailand in a few weeks. We'll see.....

My question is, since we are waiting on NOA2 and expecting it in Jan or Feb, is it okay to go ahead and get the bank and employer letters and the notarzed I-134 ready, or can too-early dates be a problem? Thanks!

I would hold off on gathering bank and employment letters until you get NOA2. I do recommend getting your tax returns together, (because we all know how the IRS is) and remember if your fiance's interview is after April 15 (tax day), you will be required to have your 2006 tax return.

21FUNNY.gif

Timeline

Hi all,

I see there has not been alot of activity on this thread lately, I just wanted to 'touch base' :) Getting very excited now, Pao's interview is next week and we're both very excited.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everyone I stopped by awhile back to look around after my Fiancee was denied (in August) We are both teachers so the next chance to get to America is this April. We only want to visit for 30 days since my father can not travel and will miss the wedding in Chiang Mai (3/31/07)

She had the following at the interview

All the forms correctly done

Proof of a steady job (3 years)

A house in her name

A car in her name

And enrollment into the Master's program at Payap.

She was denied on the vague statement of " not enough evidence to return to Thailand"

We DON'T want to move there yet, when we do we will file those correct forms, but now we just want a 30 day tourist visa. This time we have a few more letters and I hope to be enrolled in Payap prior to applying again as well as having a letter from work that I will be returning for year #2. Just to hope that the proof that the Farang plans to return as well.

Anyone who has had success is BKK or CM more giving? Is there a day when a nicer person is working? I have heard that the Consolate in CM are, well a long string of thing I don't need to repeat. We work 60hrs a week so it seems like forever trying to get ready for try #2

Met at work May 2006

Began dating 7/17/2006

Denied tourist visa 8/23/06

proposed 11/6/06 (Loy Krathong)

Wedding 3/31/07

Obtained B2 05/2007

Visited America Oct 2007

Send in AOS packet Feb 2009

Interview August 5th 2009

blackartemis,

Good evidence that you must return to Thailand will generally work. It appears that your fiancee did not provide such information the first time? Your plan to provide it this time around will be a big help. When I was an expat in Thailand my job there enabled my Thai girlfriend to get a B2 visa to visit the USA with me.

Also be sure to provide a good explanation of what the plans for the visit are, what you expect to accomplish, and showing that once accomplished there is no need for either of you to remain in the USA. Leaving the plans for the visit undefined leaves too much to the imagination of the consular officer, you need to guide their thinking in the proper direction.

Yodrak

Hello everyone I stopped by awhile back to look around after my Fiancee was denied (in August) We are both teachers so the next chance to get to America is this April. We only want to visit for 30 days since my father can not travel and will miss the wedding in Chiang Mai (3/31/07)

She had the following at the interview

All the forms correctly done

Proof of a steady job (3 years)

A house in her name

A car in her name

And enrollment into the Master's program at Payap.

She was denied on the vague statement of " not enough evidence to return to Thailand"

We DON'T want to move there yet, when we do we will file those correct forms, but now we just want a 30 day tourist visa. This time we have a few more letters and I hope to be enrolled in Payap prior to applying again as well as having a letter from work that I will be returning for year #2. Just to hope that the proof that the Farang plans to return as well.

Anyone who has had success is BKK or CM more giving? Is there a day when a nicer person is working? I have heard that the Consolate in CM are, well a long string of thing I don't need to repeat. We work 60hrs a week so it seems like forever trying to get ready for try #2

Timeline

kjlkjj

Hey there!

And.... thanks again!

Edited by ken b

Timeline

my case was sent from the NVC to the bangkok embassy 10 days ago. i do not want to wait for the embassy to mail my fiancee packet 3. i want to expedite the packet 3 process by filling out the paper work ahead of time and sending it to the embassy. i also realize the embassy must have the case from the NVC before packet 3 info is sent in.

i sent an email to visasbkk@state.gov inquiring if they had received my case. i included the BNK number, my name and date of birth and my fiancees name and date of birth.

this is the automated response i recieved one minute later.

"The Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok has received your e-mail inquiry. We regret that we are unable to send a personal reply to each inquiry due to the large volume we receive daily. We have found that many of the inquiries we receive are readily answered by information available on various U.S. Government websites and this response is designed to help you access that information quickly.

If, following a review of all information provided, you still have an inquiry regarding a specific issue with a visa case pending at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok, please send an additional email to visasbkk@state.gov with the following information:

For Immigrant Visa (including Fiancée) Cases: The subject line must contain "2nd IV Inquiry", and the case number (with prefix of BNK or PHP), and the applicant's surname. The first paragraph must include the full names of the petitioner and the applicant, the type of visa, whether the visa is for a Thai or Cambodian national, and your contact information. Please note that we are not able to provide routine status updates on the more than 7,000 cases that we handle annually, nor are we able to respond to routine questions regarding whether or not we have received your case from the NVC".

if i can't get any information if they have received my case by sending an email to visasbkk@state.gov, where can i send an email or or what phone number can i call to see if they have received my case from the NVC

Hey there!

And.... thanks again!

Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(ken b @ Jan 20 2007, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my case was sent from the NVC to the bangkok embassy 10 days ago. i do not want to wait for the embassy to mail my fiancee packet 3. i want to expedite the packet 3 process by filling out the paper work ahead of time and sending it to the embassy. i also realize the embassy must have the case from the NVC before packet 3 info is sent in.

i sent an email to visasbkk@state.gov inquiring if they had received my case. i included the BNK number, my name and date of birth and my fiancees name and date of birth.

this is the automated response i recieved one minute later.

"The Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok has received your e-mail inquiry. We regret that we are unable to send a personal reply to each inquiry due to the large volume we receive daily. We have found that many of the inquiries we receive are readily answered by information available on various U.S. Government websites and this response is designed to help you access that information quickly.

If, following a review of all information provided, you still have an inquiry regarding a specific issue with a visa case pending at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok, please send an additional email to visasbkk@state.gov with the following information:

For Immigrant Visa (including Fiancée) Cases: The subject line must contain "2nd IV Inquiry", and the case number (with prefix of BNK or PHP), and the applicant's surname. The first paragraph must include the full names of the petitioner and the applicant, the type of visa, whether the visa is for a Thai or Cambodian national, and your contact information. Please note that we are not able to provide routine status updates on the more than 7,000 cases that we handle annually, nor are we able to respond to routine questions regarding whether or not we have received your case from the NVC".

if i can't get any information if they have received my case by sending an email to visasbkk@state.gov, where can i send an email or or what phone number can i call to see if they have received my case from the NVC

Hey there!

And.... thanks again!

Did you send a second e-mail as specified?

"The subject line must contain "2nd IV Inquiry", and the case number (with prefix of BNK or PHP), and the applicant's surname. The first paragraph must include the full names of the petitioner and the applicant, the type of visa, whether the visa is for a Thai or Cambodian national, and your contact information."

When I did that ( a few minutes after receiving the same automated response), I received a reply to my question overnight.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.