entertained777

Visa Approved yesterday but CEAC status says Administrative Processing

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello all,

I had my interview yesterday at Sydney Consulate and I was told i was approved.

When i got home that night i checked my CEAC and it says Administrative Processing.

Is this normal? I am Australian and my visa is to move to the US where my wife is.

I have been reading this forum and getting conflicting information. Some say its normal and not to worry while others say it is bad news.

For example this thread here would suggest i have nothing to worry about and should get my passport and visa back this week or very close http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/476831-administrative-processing-in-australia/

The person who interviewed me only asked a couple of questions and it was over in 5 minutes. He said I was approved, gave me back my originals but kept my passport.

Do i have anything to worry about?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all,

I had my interview yesterday at Sydney Consulate and I was told i was approved.

When i got home that night i checked my CEAC and it says Administrative Processing.

Is this normal? I am Australian and my visa is to move to the US where my wife is.

I have been reading this forum and getting conflicting information. Some say its normal and not to worry while others say it is bad news.

For example this thread here would suggest i have nothing to worry about and should get my passport and visa back this week or very close http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/476831-administrative-processing-in-australia/

The person who interviewed me only asked a couple of questions and it was over in 5 minutes. He said I was approved, gave me back my originals but kept my passport.

Do i have anything to worry about?

Don't worry! Most visa's goes into AP after the interview. Mine went into AP for a few hours and then it changed to "Issued" it just them doing their little checks and whatever magic they do over there. Once it says "issued" then it will be either delivered or you pick it up from the destination you chose. Generally takes about 7 days after your interview to have your passport in hand.

I understand a few people have said it's bad but it's also just normal. You'll have your passport back in no time and you'll be with your love :)

Our AOS journey

06/30/2016- We got married!! (L)

07/19/2016 - Sent AOS, EAD, AP documents in the post with 2 day priority USPS

07/28/2016 - Package delivered very late as was delayed somewhere in transit

08/09/2016 - Text and email notifications starting at 12.41am (texts came first and then email).

08/12/2016 - Get 3 NOA's in the post with the filing date 07/29/2016 and the NOA date 08/05/2016

08/19/2016 - Get biometrics appointment letter in the post. Scheduled for 08/29/2016 at 1:00pm

08/29/2016 - Biometrics appointment done - quick and easy!

10/13/2016 - EAD and AP approved!
10/27/2016 - EAD status updated to "Card Mailed To Me".
10/31/2016 - EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

02/04/2017 - I-485 case status goes straight to "Card is being Produced" (Approved without interview). 

02/06/2017 - I-485 case status changes to "Case Approved"

02/07/2017 - I-485 case status changes to "Card was Mailed to Me".

Timeline

Don't worry! Most visa's goes into AP after the interview. Mine went into AP for a few hours and then it changed to "Issued" it just them doing their little checks and whatever magic they do over there. Once it says "issued" then it will be either delivered or you pick it up from the destination you chose. Generally takes about 7 days after your interview to have your passport in hand.

I understand a few people have said it's bad but it's also just normal. You'll have your passport back in no time and you'll be with your love :)

Thank you very much for your response! You have made me feel a lot better. I felt sick when i first saw it and started reading into what it meant.

Thank you again :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you very much for your response! You have made me feel a lot better. I felt sick when i first saw it and started reading into what it meant.

Thank you again :)

No problem at all! It's a hard time and the wait is just the worst. Don't worry about it. It shouldn't stay in AP for too long. Glad It calmed you down. If you have any other questions then let me know. Can't promise I know the answers but I can try :)

Our AOS journey

06/30/2016- We got married!! (L)

07/19/2016 - Sent AOS, EAD, AP documents in the post with 2 day priority USPS

07/28/2016 - Package delivered very late as was delayed somewhere in transit

08/09/2016 - Text and email notifications starting at 12.41am (texts came first and then email).

08/12/2016 - Get 3 NOA's in the post with the filing date 07/29/2016 and the NOA date 08/05/2016

08/19/2016 - Get biometrics appointment letter in the post. Scheduled for 08/29/2016 at 1:00pm

08/29/2016 - Biometrics appointment done - quick and easy!

10/13/2016 - EAD and AP approved!
10/27/2016 - EAD status updated to "Card Mailed To Me".
10/31/2016 - EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

02/04/2017 - I-485 case status goes straight to "Card is being Produced" (Approved without interview). 

02/06/2017 - I-485 case status changes to "Case Approved"

02/07/2017 - I-485 case status changes to "Card was Mailed to Me".

Mine said AP for 2 days after my interview then went to issued on the Thursday, had my passport in hand the following day. So don't stress once it's issued it will change. Congrats ?

15/09/2012 - Married ?
Spent the last 2.5 years travelling between countries & deciding on where we are going to live...USA IT IS!!! ??
28/09/2015 - I-130 submitted
06/10/2015 - NOA 1 received
04/02/2016 - Approved! NOA 2 received via text
17/02/2016 - Petition sent to NVC
24/02/2016 - NVC received
08/03/2016 - Case number & IIN number received over the phone
09/03/2016 - Form DS-261 completed
09/03/2016 - AOS Fee paid
18/03/2016 - Received and paid IV Bill
22/03/2016 - Sent AOS & IV Documents
24/03/2016 - Scan date
08/04/2016 - Received RFE - apparently I didn't send I-864 form (as if I would forget that!) and police certificate (admittedly I sent the wrong one?)
18/04/2016 - Resent required documents (had to wait a week for new police certificate)
20/04/2016 - 2nd scan date for RFE documents
09/05/2016 - Case Completed ? (Now just waiting for interview date!!!)
26/05/2016 - Received Interview letter via email, interview scheduled for 26/07/2016 ??

'I CAN ALMOST SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL'

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Oman
Timeline

My US visa is expiring on 10-Sep-2016 so I applied again on Aug 22 ( though I never travelled to US after 1st visa as it took 7 months in AP n by the time i got visa, purpose (official training) to go was already over) . After interview on Aug 22, Consular (Muscat, Oman) kept my passport and told that my application would go again Washington for security processing. He said good chances (though no guranttee) are that I would be getting the visa by 2 weeks as I have to travel during mid Sep to US. I am going on Official Trip from my office

Is anyone know how much time it takes when visa renew is applied? And have been through the same situation?

Does keeping passport an encouraging sign ? Last time (2011), they didn't keep my passport and took 7 months in verification.

I understand it is a normal but still waiting is the worst situation ever.

Timeline

Mine said AP for 2 days after my interview then went to issued on the Thursday, had my passport in hand the following day. So don't stress once it's issued it will change. Congrats ?

Thank you :)

Mine just went from AP to issued about 10 minutes ago! We are so excited. We have not seen each other in nearly 3 years, this is the 2nd best day of my life, first being when i arrive and she picks me up from the airport :)

Thank you all for the help and to this site for providing answers and answering my questions all through the process.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all i'm new here.just want to ask some question.do i need to change the delivery adress even if i already gave my adress when i was scheduling an interview?because the consule said i need to register the adress online but i was just wondering if there will be a problem with the delivery because i didnt register online since i scheduled my appointment for my interview was in call center.also my status was issued since october 26 but when i checked online it says there no status update.how long should i wait to get my visa?hope you can help me guys cuz i need to fly soon .thank you

• 1 year later...

Salam brothers.

i have an interview almost 4 months ago in Islamabad consulate and my case needs further documentation, so they put my case on AP after I submitted additional documents, they mailed me to came to embassy for new set of fingerprints and said that ur visa is approved and case status changed to READY for interview       and then again goes to AP after some days. Almost 2 weeks were gone my status is still shows on AP , 

what to do yar, when I get my visa when even CO said that u will get ur visa within 2 weeks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.