6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi every one, I have a quick question. I have read that the i-693 full medical may not be required until the interview. is this true? we are concurrent filing for USC wifes parents. I want to get the applications in so they can travel this summer on AP, I have the medical appointments set up but it can take a while to get everything back. I dont want to get an RFE and stop the timeline on the AP so I need to know if its only for souses that this rule applies or is for everyone that the medical doesn't have to be sent in with the initial packet? Or is all this info just wrong?

Thanks

Harry

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Check the instructions> https://www.uscis.gov/i-693

If you are applying for adjustment of status, you may submit Form I-693 in one of the following ways:

• Submit Form I-693 by mail, together with your Form I-485, Application to Register for Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, to the location specified for your Form I-485 (see “Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-485”).
  • Submit Form I-693 by mail, after filing your Form I-485, to the location specified in your most recent communication with USCIS (for example, a Request for Evidence letter from USCIS).
  • Submit Form I-693 in person, at an interview in a USCIS field office (if an interview is required).

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Check the instructions> https://www.uscis.gov/i-693

If you are applying for adjustment of status, you may submit Form I-693 in one of the following ways:

• Submit Form I-693 by mail, together with your Form I-485, Application to Register for Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, to the location specified for your Form I-485 (see “Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-485”).
  • Submit Form I-693 by mail, after filing your Form I-485, to the location specified in your most recent communication with USCIS (for example, a Request for Evidence letter from USCIS).
  • Submit Form I-693 in person, at an interview in a USCIS field office (if an interview is required).

Hi Kay! I did read those instructions, I think I might not have been very clear.The instructions you mentioned for me,seem to be ambiguous. since I am filing concurrently and not for a spouse I though maybe it could be different. Basically I need to no, will I get an rfe if I dont file the I-693 and just bring it to the mandatory interview?

Thanks,

Harry

Timeline

They may ask for it in an RFE, or just have you bring it to the interview. It will state in the interview letter to bring an I-693, unless already submitted.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

They may ask for it in an RFE, or just have you bring it to the interview. It will state in the interview letter to bring an I-693, unless already submitted.

Hi again. So would an RFE for this delay the advanced parole? or would the RFE be later? am I crazy to think its a little confusing? I dont understand why they give the three options if its really only 1 option (send it in with the packet) should I include some kind of letter stating we are getting the medical done and it will be ready for the interview as the website states? or is it just up to the person looking at the case.

does any one have experience bringing it to the interview?

Thanks

Harry

Timeline

You can include a statement that you will bring the I-693 to the interview. They may not send an RFE for one and just allow you to bring it then,since that is one of the options.

They give those options because not too long ago they changed the policy for when the medical expires. They not allow the medical to be done as close to the time of adjudication/interview because if the medical expires before the case is decided, then you would need to get a new medical done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.