Shauneg

Saint Lukes Procedure/Semi-Review

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Before going....

Pre-registered online at

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Gathered all the following documents the number at the end is how many copies you need.

1. Passport and two copies of bio page
2. Passport photos 4 must be (2in by 2in)
3. Copies of NVC/email when MNL# assigned 3 (Not neccesary if you have the Visa Appt Email)
4. Visa Appt Confirm Email 3
5. Saint Lukes Registration 2
6. DS-160 Confirm With Barcode Page 1
7. Fee 245 U.S. Dollars (Cash, in pesos)
Here is the Saint Lukes website:
Reserved a room at Casa Boboco, reccommend as you can reserve online for your fiance for 10% of the total cost and they pay the rest when they show up. The only thing the ask for is that your fiance brings a photocopy of your id and debit card (I know some people may not be keen on doing that). It is right next to the clinic,

Day 1

Fiancee got there at 630, yes I know tons of people get there waaay earlier, but she had no problems at that time plus she's lazy and hates waiting...bonus though, the line was a little shorter lol. First the the guard checked her papers and she went into registration. Once her name was called she gave them her papers and was told to go to the 2nd floor to pay. After paying she was then sent to the 3rd floor for X-rays. Next to the 4th floor for blood and height/weight and finally to the 5th floor for her physical exam. Once that was completed she went back down and her receipt was stamped to come back on day 2 and 0900 AM. She was done about 1030 and said she never waited more than about 20 minutes in any area and everyone was nice, friendly and accommodating.

Day 2

Showed up at 900 AM. Once they checked her slip and their system making sure she was good for shots (this is do or die time and see if you must get SPUTNUM tested) she went to the immunizations section and waited just a few minutes, she said she thinks about 20, before getting her shots. There are up to 7 shots that they can give, but if you tell them that you only want the required ones and you've already had chicken pox you can avoid those. Good for her, cause she cried like a baby with only the 3. Anyway, next back down the releasing area. This is where she said she waited the longest....4 hours. She said it was frustrating but also relieving because she knew she was just waiting to get her medical packet from them and the process was over. Recieved her packet, stamped passort, and xray cd about 2pm and rolled out.

Overall her experience seemed to move much faster than others I have seen and read on here. The first day took about 4 hours, and the second day about 5. She says it was kind of chilly (actually I can't use the word she here, something about "cold as #2") in there especially since most Filipinos aren't used to being blasted with A/C all the time. I told her beforehand and she wore a jacket so it was ok. As others have said and stated, no food or drinks were allowed, so don't bother with that. I don't mean to make a full review of it, but just kind of let everyone know the basic process that's going on right now there.

Ah this information is great! Thanks for sharing, I'm just waiting for Packet 3 so I can proceed. Will probably take the medical exam in a few weeks time. Anyways I noticed you mentioned the following, would like to ask for clarification:

Visa Appt Confirm Email 3 - is this the last email sent that it's been approved (sent to my fiance in US) or will this be something else?

DS-160 Confirm With Barcode Page 1 - suppose this will come along with Packet 3?

Thanks a lot!

Check out our blog at : PolarHoneyBears.com

~ Anime. Guild Wars 2. Minecraft. Art. Tattoos. Photography. Dining. Travel. ~

Timeline

Ah this information is great! Thanks for sharing, I'm just waiting for Packet 3 so I can proceed. Will probably take the medical exam in a few weeks time. Anyways I noticed you mentioned the following, would like to ask for clarification:

Visa Appt Confirm Email 3 - is this the last email sent that it's been approved (sent to my fiance in US) or will this be something else?

DS-160 Confirm With Barcode Page 1 - suppose this will come along with Packet 3?

Thanks a lot!

There is no packet 3 for Manila. Do you have your MNL number from NVC? I'm guessing so since your timeline says that your packet is at the consulate. Your fiance can go pay the visa fee like now. Once that's paid you can do the DS--160 online (the last page is the one needed, you can put in multiple email addresses at the end so that you both have copies, and can also just print it off at that time) and also schedule the visa appt online (you will get an email confirmation once done). That's where you'll get those two documents. Mind you some of these documents you will need later at the interview stage so in the end you may need to print more of these off, I have just decided to seperate the medical and interview journeys to avoid confusion. Interview is next week and plan to do this same thing for that,

Although there's many helpful guides....it's really hard to just find a list of what is needed. That's really the reason I made this, to help others with that as that's the most stressful part, ensuring you have the right documents.

Edited by Shauneg

There is no packet 3 for Manila. Do you have your MNL number from NVC? I'm guessing so since your timeline says that your packet is at the consulate. Your fiance can go pay the visa fee like now. Once that's paid you can do the DS--160 online (the last page is the one needed, you can put in multiple email addresses at the end so that you both have copies, and can also just print it off at that time) and also schedule the visa appt online (you will get an email confirmation once done). That's where you'll get those two documents. Mind you some of these documents you will need later at the interview stage so in the end you may need to print more of these off, I have just decided to seperate the medical and interview journeys to avoid confusion. Interview is next week and plan to do this same thing for that,

Although there's many helpful guides....it's really hard to just find a list of what is needed. That's really the reason I made this, to help others with that as that's the most stressful part, ensuring you have the right documents.

Thanks for the response!

Yeah, I already have my MNL number we got it from the mail. However, we were instructed that I will be contacted by the local embassy, which I haven't been yet. I just checked it online and this part of what it said:

"Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions."

I haven't received the interview scheduling instructions yet, or at least I don't know if I have and just didn't know that it's that already O.o Thank you so much for taking your time in answering. It's really confusing, I've been doing a lot of research too but never came across this so I'm glad I asked too.

Timeline

Thanks for the response!

Yeah, I already have my MNL number we got it from the mail. However, we were instructed that I will be contacted by the local embassy, which I haven't been yet. I just checked it online and this part of what it said:

"Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions."

I haven't received the interview scheduling instructions yet, or at least I don't know if I have and just didn't know that it's that already O.o Thank you so much for taking your time in answering. It's really confusing, I've been doing a lot of research too but never came across this so I'm glad I asked too.

I'm telling you that you're not going to get anything, you pay the fee and then can either call or schedule the interview online your self. You could have started this process the day you got the MNL#.

That is a canned statement everyone gets, you should be in the Philippines part of this forum for embassy specific instructions.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Philippines&cty=Manila

"Packet 3 Contains: For K-1

Everything is online, don't sit around waiting for a letter that won't arrive.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3224.html "

I don't want this thread to turn into how to go about all this, just wanted to give insight to SLEC

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks a lot!

Nothing is mailed to you for the visa process! EVERYTHING is online!

Thanks for the response!

If you have your MNL # it is time to ROCK n ROLL!! You are burning daylight! There is nothing to wait for in the mail.

Follow the flashing arrow below and get things moving!! You can be done with your interview in 5 weeks or less if you get going.. now.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

There are up to 7 shots that they can give, but if you tell them that you only want the required ones and you've already had chicken pox you can avoid those. Good for her, cause she cried like a baby with only the 3.

Why 7 shots? Ages 19 thru 49 only require Td or Tdap, MMR, and Varicella. You age out on certain shots...

Edited by guitarjam

Mar 12, 2015 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila thru Embassy Outreach visit

Thanks for the response!

You are standing still when this is where you take control of the process. See Hank's or my website for step by step guides of what to do next. Very easy and informative guide in what to do. Mine is here. http://tinyurl.com/ob9xoa8

Come back here if you have questions or don't understand something. We are here to help.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Why 7 shots? Ages 19 thru 49 only require Td or Tdap, MMR, and Varicella. You age out on certain shots...

I realize that you can age out and some are seasonal, just thought it was worth mentioning. That's why I said just say you only want the needed ones, which I'm sure is what they're gonna do anyway. Let me see if I can name the seven...

Flu (Seasonal)

Tdap

MMR

Varicella (Chicken Pox)

Hepatitis

Pneumococcal

Meningococcal

I believe were the seven......might be wrong.

Timeline

Nothing is mailed to you for the visa process! EVERYTHING is online!

If you have your MNL # it is time to ROCK n ROLL!! You are burning daylight! There is nothing to wait for in the mail.

Follow the flashing arrow below and get things moving!! You can be done with your interview in 5 weeks or less if you get going.. now.

You are standing still when this is where you take control of the process. See Hank's or my website for step by step guides of what to do next. Very easy and informative guide in what to do. Mine is here. http://tinyurl.com/ob9xoa8

Come back here if you have questions or don't understand something. We are here to help.

I have to thank you both so much for the guides. It was the only two things I used throughout the process and haven't been steered wrong yet. The only thing I found difficult to find was an actual list of forms/documents needed, sort of a quick reference checklist. Really the only reason why I made this thread, so that people can quickly see what's needed without scouring through directions for everything.

Thanks everyone for all the responses! I will be scheduling my medical exam within the next two weeks! ^_^

Timeline

Thanks everyone for all the responses! I will be scheduling my medical exam within the next two weeks! ^_^

Maybe you just used the wrong words, but you don't need to schedule it, you just prepare the documents and show up. Either way good luck and I enjoy the blog....took a look at it earlie today.

I have to thank you both so much for the guides. It was the only two things I used throughout the process and haven't been steered wrong yet. The only thing I found difficult to find was an actual list of forms/documents needed, sort of a quick reference checklist. Really the only reason why I made this thread, so that people can quickly see what's needed without scouring through directions for everything.

Hank's guide is the "condense version" which is for the ones who don't need a lot of hand holding and mine is the encyclopedia with maps and links and do's and don'ts. Either one gets the job done and you can't go wrong with either. Thanks for the compliment.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Maybe you just used the wrong words, but you don't need to schedule it, you just prepare the documents and show up. Either way good luck and I enjoy the blog....took a look at it earlie today.

Thank you! ^_^

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.