lucho562

Accelerated Processing

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I was looking thru the uscis website and found this on "accelerated processing" It says it is availble for I-129 but does I-129F fall into that category as well?

Accelerated Processing

We understand the circumstances that bring about applications to USCIS. Many are urgent, which is reflected in our processing times.

We also have a premium processing program that lets you judge your own circumstances and decide if you want to pay for faster processing. We know that circumstances can change, so this program is available even after you file.

At this time, this program is only available for the Form I-129 and Form I-140.

You may find additional information on our website under premium processing.

For all other kinds of cases, customers who file the same kind of application are usually in similar circumstances and often have similar needs to have their case processed quickly. We understand the effects our processing times can have on customers, and we are working hard to shorten processing time. It would not be appropriate for us to give preferential treatment to one customer over another, and disadvantage you or others by delaying one case to first process another that was filed later. Therefore, no matter how short or long the normal processing time, we normally process cases in order based on when they were received.

However, we recognize that truly extraordinary things can happen. Even when "Premium Processing" is not available, we will consider taking a case out of order if there is a life or death emergency, or some other exceptional emergent need, if our processing the case out of order will have a direct effect on the situation. To be fair to everyone, we are very restrictive in granting this kind of preferential treatment, in part because it means other customers have to wait longer. By definition, most kinds of applications and petitions rarely, if ever, merit this kind of preferential treatment. But if you believe such a situation exists when you file a case, or develops while your case is pending, call customer service for information about how to request accelerated processing, and about what documents and evidence you will have to submit to show that an exceptional emergency exists.

Examples of the criteria for making a request for expedited processing can be seen on the USCIS Expedite Criteria page, which you can link to under “Relevant Links.”

K1

1/22/07: I-129F sent to CSC

1/23/07: I-129F packet received and signed for at 9:45A.M.!!

1/29/07: NOA1

4/27/07: NOA2

5/01/07: NOA2 Hardcopy received

5/10/07: Approval arrives at NVC

5/14/07: Leaves NVC

5/17/07: Arrives at Bogota, Colombia

5/18/07: Packet 3 faxed to Embassy

5/22/07: Packet 3 sent via courier

5/30/07: Wendy receives packet 3 (Good thing we used the shortcut)

6/04/07: Packet 4 received

7/03/07: Medical appt. scheduled

7/05/07: Interview!!!! VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

7/09/07: Visa in hand!!!

7/11/07: Point of Entry at LAX, complete success!!!!!!!!!!

7/24/07: Married!!!

AOS & EAD

07/27/07: Filed for AOS & EAD

08/02/07: Arrives at Chicago

09/10/07: NOA1

09/11/07: Social Security card in hand

10/12/07: Biometrics appointment

10/25/07: EAD Approved

01/23/08: Interview = APPROVED

02/02/08: Green Card received...10 day turn around, not bad!!!

Removing Conditions

11/12/09: Mailed to CSC!

11/13/09: Arrives at CSC!

11/16/09: NOA1

11/18/09: Check Cashed!

12/14/09: Biometrics

01/07/10: Card Production Ordered (APPROVED)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I-129 and I-129F are actually very different.

I-129 is for petitioning non-immigrant workers: It's for employers who want to petition aliens to temporarily work or receive training in the US.

I-129F is for petitioning non-immigrant fiance(e)s: Well, we all know what that's for.

Edited by ajmc

Sorry - nope - not valid for I-129F applications only for employment-based I-129 applications.

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

well, sad to say but its not valid for I-129f. we learned that by calling USCIS.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Looks like you already got your answer, the I 129 is only for workers, sorry wish there was a faster way for us waiting for our love

Rob and Melinda

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.