s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
:dance: Hey I just thought that this might help for everyone that is filing for ones in Japan. You can see mine in the photos under In america. The one that I said looks like a clothing Ad. Right now we are at the package 3 stage. Interview soon we hope. So if you need help on K-1 or such, or have suggestion for me for past this step lets help each other. :thumbs:

Don't Let It Worry You

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So hard to find a Nihon here, my wife Kim was studying and living in Shizuoka for 8 years, she calls herself Betonamu Nihon sometimes... not sure if I do that right!!! I heard JP isn't tough with K-1. So P3 should be arriving any day now... Good luck with your journey!

Love,

chuck-kun and kim-san

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

• 5 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm reviving this thread!~ :dance:

Where are the rest of the Japan filers??

image5sa8.jpg

Lifting Conditions

03/30/2010: Petition mailed

04/05/2010: NOA

04/09/2010: NOA received in mail

04/20/2010: Biometrics Appointment

06/22/2010: RFE date

06/30/2010: RFE received

07/16/2010: RFE reply sent

07/19/2010: RFE delivery confirmed

08/05/2010: Card Production Ordered!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm here!! I have my first appointment for filing the I-130 on next monday, the 30th, which is, most unfortunately, the first day that the new charges kick in!! Ouch!! Anyone have any helpful info for this first step? I have everything together, just a few final questions left on some of the forms, but nothing big. I've basically just gone through the checklist that the embassy provided and have all that together. Any suggestions?? :wacko:

Timeline
I'm here!! I have my first appointment for filing the I-130 on next monday, the 30th, which is, most unfortunately, the first day that the new charges kick in!! Ouch!! Anyone have any helpful info for this first step? I have everything together, just a few final questions left on some of the forms, but nothing big. I've basically just gone through the checklist that the embassy provided and have all that together. Any suggestions?? :wacko:

We're filing for a K1 visa. And we haven't yet gotten to the embassy part of the process yet, so I can't speak from personal experience- but everything I've heard about the Japanese embassy has been really relieving. I've heard that the interviewers are friendly and the interview itself is pretty quick and painless. If you have everything in order I wouldn't be too worried about having to deal with the embassy officials :]

image5sa8.jpg

Lifting Conditions

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

im glad that i found you here. im planning to apply for k-1 fiance(e) visa for my fiancee from nagoya japan. right now my fiancee is here with me in hawaii but her i-94 expired next month so i have no choice but to send her home. however, before she goes back i would like to apply for k-1 fiancee visa and i know its possible but if you dont mind would you guide me step by step???

thanks

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello fellow Nihon filers. Yoroshiku!

We just started the big waiting process, so there's nothing really to report on our progress, and won't for a couple more months. I'm going out there to visit in the middle of September though, and that should help to break up the waiting a bit. Then when I get back, I'm starting construction and adding another room to my house since my family is going to be growing soon, and that will keep me busy while we continue to wait.

Oh, and flavorgreentea, I found this page to be extremely helpful in guiding us through the process of filing our I-129F.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Ja, mata kondo na!

ourflags.jpg

2007-06-20 - Engaged

2007-07-23 - I-129F mailed to NSC

2007-08-04 - Check cashed

2007-08-06 - NOA1 received

2007-12-04 - Approved! NOA2 Sent!

2007-12-05 - Touched

2007-12-10 - NOA2 hard-copy received

2008-01-09 - Case sent to Tokyo embassy

2008-01-17 - Packet 3 received

2008-01-18 - DS-230 (part 1) sent to embassy

2008-01-23 - Packet 4 Received

2008-02-25 - K-1 interview - Approved!

2008-02-28 - Visa in hand!

2008-03-26 - She arrives in the States

2008-04-04 - Marriage

2008-04-30 - AoS mailed to Chicago

2008-05-09 - NOA for AoS and EAD received

2008-05-28 - Biometrics appt. for AoS and EAD

2008-06-11 - AoS transferred to CSC

2008-07-10 - EAD approved!

2008-07-14 - EAD received

2008-07-17 - AoS approved!

2008-07-26 - AoS received

2009-11-08 - Baby boy is born!

2010-04-17 - I-751 mailed to CCS

2010-04-22 - NOA received

2010-06-02 - Biometrics appt.

2010-07-26 - Lifting of conditions approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello all nihon filers!!

I am brand new to this site (just joined yesterday... have been reading stuff for the past 24 hours or so. hah).. anyway, just wanted to say hi to everyone. My girlfriend Tomoko and I are actually still in the pre-stages of the process: deciding which route to take...

She was here in Hawaii (flavorgreetea, what part of hawaii you from?!?) for the past 2 years on student visa and we were going out pretty much from the time she got here... then she was going to have to go back soon, but I proposed and she said yes! She is actually back in japan right now, and we are trying to decide if (1)we should do K-1 visa, (2)I should go there and get married, then come back and start K-3 visa, or (3)she should come here on tourist visa and we marry, then she go back and i start K-3 visa... I was thinking that it might be best to do K-1 visa because it looked like the waiting time would be the shortest, but i just noticed that the Japan part of the waiting time for IR-1/CR-1 is actually really short (right now it says 77days average, as opposed to 176-300 for most other countries).... anyway, still trying to figure it out... I asked on a different thread already and got some good responses/explanations, but any one have Japan-specific advice as to which one might be the best way???

Timeline
Hello all nihon filers!!

I am brand new to this site (just joined yesterday... have been reading stuff for the past 24 hours or so. hah).. anyway, just wanted to say hi to everyone. My girlfriend Tomoko and I are actually still in the pre-stages of the process: deciding which route to take...

She was here in Hawaii (flavorgreetea, what part of hawaii you from?!?) for the past 2 years on student visa and we were going out pretty much from the time she got here... then she was going to have to go back soon, but I proposed and she said yes! She is actually back in japan right now, and we are trying to decide if (1)we should do K-1 visa, (2)I should go there and get married, then come back and start K-3 visa, or (3)she should come here on tourist visa and we marry, then she go back and i start K-3 visa... I was thinking that it might be best to do K-1 visa because it looked like the waiting time would be the shortest, but i just noticed that the Japan part of the waiting time for IR-1/CR-1 is actually really short (right now it says 77days average, as opposed to 176-300 for most other countries).... anyway, still trying to figure it out... I asked on a different thread already and got some good responses/explanations, but any one have Japan-specific advice as to which one might be the best way???

never knew anyone here from hawaii... by the way dphyled im from oahu honolulu.

i did all the research and i talked to people who pretty much already experience the process of petition. i gathered all the info and i came out with k-1 fiancee visa, i think this will be the best for my case. today i went to the post office in waikiki and i send the i-129F, i'm hoping there's no problem with all my documents. at this moment there's no backing up now and to my case only time will tell...

Timeline
Hello fellow Nihon filers. Yoroshiku!

We just started the big waiting process, so there's nothing really to report on our progress, and won't for a couple more months. I'm going out there to visit in the middle of September though, and that should help to break up the waiting a bit. Then when I get back, I'm starting construction and adding another room to my house since my family is going to be growing soon, and that will keep me busy while we continue to wait.

Oh, and flavorgreentea, I found this page to be extremely helpful in guiding us through the process of filing our I-129F.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Ja, mata kondo na!

this journey of ours looks bluer than blue but the only way to break through is to go to to nihon and spend some time with our love ones. my case however, is different than some of the others but sooner later we will be all together (^_^)v....

right now my fiancee is getting ready for our dinner and next time i will report for our progress but it seems like there's nothing yet to tell because i just send the I-129f today...

see ya

Timeline

It is nice to see a few folks with Japanese fiances on here. My fiance, Sayaka, found a great support group much like this one on the social networking site Mixi.

Just a question to throw out there: how were the reactions from your Japanese fiance's parents when they found out their son/daughter would be marrying a Gaijin??

Sayaka's family was fine with me being an American, but are still worried that I am a University student (although i work full time) and they are sad Sayaka will be leaving Japan to live in America.

Edited by Aaron_WSU

Sometime in April: Mailed I129F to USCIS

5/31/2007 ~ NAO1 (online)

9/6/2007 ~ Touch (used RFE trick)

9/24/2007 ~ NAO2 (online and email)

9/25/2007 ~ Touch

9/27/2007 ~ NAO2 (hardcopy received)

10/22/2007 ~ Case received at NVC

10/24/2007 ~ Case forwarded to Japanese embassy!

11/2/2007 ~ Sayaka receives Packet 3!!!

12/3/2007 ~ Interview and approval

12/5/2007 ~ Visa came in the mail

1/12/2008 ~ Sayaka's flight arrives in the US!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Anyone had an interview? Do you know what we will be asked at the emabassy? I am kind of scared. My boyfriend and I have met each other during highschool. We took the same math class, but we became a real couple when I started college. He did not propose. We just started talking about marriage after we had been together over 4 years. I am really worried about questions. Maybe I am just worried for no reasons.

Timeline
It is nice to see a few folks with Japanese fiances on here. My fiance, Sayaka, found a great support group much like this one on the social networking site Mixi.

Just a question to throw out there: how were the reactions from your Japanese fiance's parents when they found out their son/daughter would be marrying a Gaijin??

Sayaka's family was fine with me being an American, but are still worried that I am a University student (although i work full time) and they are sad Sayaka will be leaving Japan to live in America.

My fiance's family was very accepting of me- although they didn't take it seriously at first that he would marry a foreigner. Maybe they thought it was a phase? :whistle: Our issue now is the cultural difference. Him being a Japanese man and the 'chosen one' to take care of his parents, etc. when they get old. They really don't want him to come to the USA. Thankfully that although they don't want him to come- they don't object to our marriage. They just don't want us to live in the USA.

He also uses Mixi for some information- but we both use this account for Visajourney

Anyone had an interview? Do you know what we will be asked at the emabassy? I am kind of scared. My boyfriend and I have met each other during highschool. We took the same math class, but we became a real couple when I started college. He did not propose. We just started talking about marriage after we had been together over 4 years. I am really worried about questions. Maybe I am just worried for no reasons.

Calm down, I'll be posting our experience with the interview when it happens- but from everything I've heard, the Japanese embassy is very easy. Just be truthful and have all the paperwork you need and it should all be a breeze.

Edited by Cassandra+Yuibi

image5sa8.jpg

Lifting Conditions

Timeline

There are only few Japan Filers here at VJ. I will post my experience and will let you know what were the questions.

KayArt

USCIS

02-28-2007 I-130 sent to TSC forwarded to CSC

03-06-2007 NOA1

05-24-2007 NOA2

NVC

06-25-2007 DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill generated

07-02-2007 IV Fee Bill and I-864 generated

08-13-2007 DS230 generated

08-30-2007 CASE COMPLETE

12-10-2007 TOKYO INTERVIEW

12-25-2007 US ENTRY (CHICAGO)

01-08-2008 SSN received

02-08-2008 GC received

04-30-2008 NC DL in hand

12-25-2009 GC & NC DL expiration

ROC

10-07-2009 I-751 sent to VSC overnight

10-17-2009 NOA received

11-20-2009 Biometrics sched

Timeline

I noticed you're filing for K1. There might be different questions on the interview because I filed for CR1 but at least the idea of how the interview goes.

KayArt

USCIS

02-28-2007 I-130 sent to TSC forwarded to CSC

03-06-2007 NOA1

05-24-2007 NOA2

NVC

06-25-2007 DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill generated

07-02-2007 IV Fee Bill and I-864 generated

08-13-2007 DS230 generated

08-30-2007 CASE COMPLETE

12-10-2007 TOKYO INTERVIEW

12-25-2007 US ENTRY (CHICAGO)

01-08-2008 SSN received

02-08-2008 GC received

04-30-2008 NC DL in hand

12-25-2009 GC & NC DL expiration

ROC

10-07-2009 I-751 sent to VSC overnight

10-17-2009 NOA received

11-20-2009 Biometrics sched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.