Bjorn&lyne

Police clearance

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Doe Filippinas send original police clearances to me in the US and for me to send such to the NVC, OR do Filippinas bring their police clearances to the US Embassy in Manila for the interview and do NOT send them to me in the US for submission to the NVC? Considering the police clearances will go to Manila embassy anyways in the end along with the visa package...

I am almost 100% sure you don't have to send the NBI papers to the NVC because K-1 is a non-immigrant visa. She can just take them to the Manila embassy when she has her interview. The reason I say I am pretty sure is that the NVC seems to be continually changing their process. If I were you I would call the NVC and ask them. The hour plus wait to get the answer will be worth it because it will put your mind to rest. The NVC number is 603-334-0700.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Doe Filippinas send original police clearances to me in the US and for me to send such to the NVC, OR do Filippinas bring their police clearances to the US Embassy in Manila for the interview and do NOT send them to me in the US for submission to the NVC? Considering the police clearances will go to Manila embassy anyways in the end along with the visa package...

With the K-l, police clearance is not needed by NVC or USCIS in the States.

Police clearance is only for the embassy visa process... IF you have lived in a foreign country for 6 mos or more from the age of 16 or older. If you have never lived anywhere but the Philippines police clearance is not needed.

Follow the embassy instructions letter for what is required for the visa application process.

Details on the process in the Philippines is in the link below, follow the flashing arrow.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks for replies. I am awaiting letter from NVC, which I assume will detail what they need, but having clearances sent from Manila so me, then to NVC then back to Manila US embassy for interview again makes no sense, when person just can bring such to interview directly to prove a clean criminal history.

Timeline

Thanks for replies. I am awaiting letter from NVC, which I assume will detail what they need, but having clearances sent from Manila so me, then to NVC then back to Manila US embassy for interview again makes no sense, when person just can bring such to interview directly to prove a clean criminal history.

Are you chasing the K-1 visa? Not sure what letter you are waiting for from NVC. Letter with the MNL # ?

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yes K-1, and the file was sent from the USCIS to the NVC and from what I read and heard, I will get a letter from the NVC detailing documents to submit to the NVC, in addition to a MNL# so interview can be scheduled. I understand financial affidavits and evidence are part of that, but I am unclear when the police clearances have to be submitted, to the NVC or to the US embassy in Manila at the time of the interview.

Timeline

Yes K-1, and the file was sent from the USCIS to the NVC and from what I read and heard, I will get a letter from the NVC detailing documents to submit to the NVC, in addition to a MNL# so interview can be scheduled. I understand financial affidavits and evidence are part of that, but I am unclear when the police clearances have to be submitted, to the NVC or to the US embassy in Manila at the time of the interview.

You are mixing requirements for an immigrant visa with the K-1 visa, K-1 doesn't send anything to NVC. Slow down, take a deep breath.

All you need from NVC is the MNL# and then you can start the process for the visa application in Manila.

As for police clearance - DID YOUR FIANCEE LIVE IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY (Not the Phillippines) ?

Read the embassy instructions letter. Everything you need for the visa application is in the embassy instructions letter. Details and much more info in the link below, follow the flashing arrow.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks for some wise words. Yes she lived in Syria before the civil war for 3 years and also Dubai for a year. Syria seems problematic to get clearance from but Dubai should be OK. Thanks for the link.

Timeline

Thanks for some wise words. Yes she lived in Syria before the civil war for 3 years and also Dubai for a year. Syria seems problematic to get clearance from but Dubai should be OK. Thanks for the link.

You can not get a police certificate from certain countries. There is a link for this in the guide below under the USEM tab near the bottom.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thank you for that information! In both Syria and Dubai, according to the State Department website, one has to be present in the country to apply and obtain the police clearances, so it appears those countries then are waived, as the beneficiary is living in Philippines now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.