waka1

Stuck in 5th gear: need help with MNL consular interview K-1 scheduling

144 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone, I'm a US petitioner for my Filipina fiancee. In the past I've referred to this website many times in order to get a grasp of the K-1 petition process, it's been very helpful thus far. Today, I registered on this website because I find myself in need of the benefit of your collective wisdom. We have successfully completed every up the K-1 ladder, including her medical exam and CFO seminar. She has her consular invitation letter to schedule her interview dated 4/15/14.

We have for the last 4 weeks been trying to schedule an appointment both over the phone (they say keep calling) or logging on to the www.ustraveldocs.com website that for the hundredth time informs us that "no interviews are being scheduled" and BTW, you have logged on too many times.

Sue, my fiancee, lives in northern Mindanao which has been experiencing power outages and abysmally slow internet connection speed. She did tell me that once she saw 2 openings pop-up and before she could hit enter they were gone. I logged on the website with her last night and tried to understand where on consular web page a K-1 opening would pop up ?

I would appreciate anyone pointing us in the right direction....

Thanks, Rob

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone, I'm a US petitioner for my Filipina fiancee. In the past I've referred to this website many times in order to get a grasp of the K-1 petition process, it's been very helpful thus far. Today, I registered on this website because I find myself in need of the benefit of your collective wisdom. We have successfully completed every up the K-1 ladder, including her medical exam and CFO seminar. She has her consular invitation letter to schedule her interview dated 4/15/14.

We have for the last 4 weeks been trying to schedule an appointment both over the phone (they say keep calling) or logging on to the www.ustraveldocs.com website that for the hundredth time informs us that "no interviews are being scheduled" and BTW, you have logged on too many times.

Sue, my fiancee, lives in northern Mindanao which has been experiencing power outages and abysmally slow internet connection speed. She did tell me that once she saw 2 openings pop-up and before she could hit enter they were gone. I logged on the website with her last night and tried to understand where on consular web page a K-1 opening would pop up ?

Thanks, Rob

1st off don't bother with calling the embassy to get an interview date, online is your best option and right now that is very slow going as there are only random dates showing up.

Once you are on the dashboard do not keep clicking to continue to the calendar, stay on the dashboard page and keep watching the left side of the screen for "first available appointment" date to appear (refreshing the screen from time to time by hitting F5), once you see a date appear THEN click to continue to the calendar ... hoping you were quick enough to grab the date.

Why no appointment openings? Embassy is still processing Yolanda expedites, you know those that are totally homeless because of the typhoon... so be patient.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are not alone. We have been trying for 2 weeks and haven't even seen 1 opening.

Hiedy is also from Mindanao, so I am checking from the States.

It is maddening. :ranting:

Timeline

go to that site day and night, even when it logs you off your back on in like 6 hrs, if you go online at the first of the month at 10 am their time there are lots of appts. trust me i went through the same thing.

As per Hanks advice I logged in to the page below: Is this the dashboard page you were talking about ? Do openings appear on the left side of this screen. Do openings appear 24-7 or 8am to 8pm Manila time ? Thanks!

My Dashboard

My Dashboard lets you track the progress of your visa application from start to finish.

Please select an option.

Visa Information

MANILA

K-Visa

K1

Fee Payment

$240

Family Details

Members: 0

No appointment is currently scheduled.

Document Delivery Information:

Edited by Rob187

Yes that should be your dashboard. Its the place you are at when you first log in. Just wait for an appointment to show up at the bottom left.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

As per Hanks advice I logged in to the page below: Is this the dashboard page you were talking about ? Do openings appear on the left side of this screen. Do openings appear 24-7 or 8am to 8pm Manila time ? Thanks!

My Dashboard

My Dashboard lets you track the progress of your visa application from start to finish.

Please select an option.

Visa Information

MANILA

K-Visa

K1

Fee Payment

$240

Family Details

Members: 0

No appointment is currently scheduled.

Document Delivery Information:

This is the dashboard as I was referring

normal_Dashboard.jpg

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Rob187, on 11 Jun 2014 - 2:37 PM, said:

Thanks, Rob

There have been others who have been using script to help in getting a appointment. Here are the details.

"I recommend using c4c (check4change at http://www.check4change.com/ ) with a refreshing window every 4 seconds from the dashboard using custom menu of c4c to nab an appointment that comes available. The software will check for any changes on the website for the time you choose to set. I used 4 seconds.

If you do not have Firefox installed you can get a copy here for free: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/ Yes, install Firefox just to use c4c coz the add-on for Chrome and Internet Explore (IE) didn't really work that well. I tried them on a test website before using it grab a new date or for some any date, just to see how the add on works.

My laptop was on all night long every night for the last 4 nights, it got me up couple times but the dates didn't fit my scheduling. Soon as there is a change on the scheduling website the music will start and you can book it if you like the date. With this system the booking process is 10 seconds from the time a new date is available. Just push continue, the calendar will appear, select the date you want and click "schedule". And now you have a interview date scheduled."

Good luck.

From <http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/499517-interview-appointment-in-manila/page-2>

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Based on experience, I work at night here in Cebu so I opted to be online from 10pm onwards while doing my job. As what other members say, just stay on the dashboard and only hit continue when an earliest appointment date available shows at the bottom left of the page...

This is the dashboard as I was referring

normal_Dashboard.jpg

Hi all,

I've run into a stone wall after installing and testing the mozilla plug-in Check4Change. I can do a function select all, or a mouse highlight, but everything on my dashboard gets selected except for the area circled in red above by Hank. That area appears as an empty square block while the empty far right column is fully highlighted. I thought it had something to do with Mac compatibility, but now I think the embassy's web page developers developed stealth method of defeating apps like C4C :ranting: . Anyone have the notice the same problem ?

Cheers,

Rob187

Timeline

Thanks, Rob

Hi Rob im in the same boat. I installed an add on with firefox (reload 28) and once installed and enabled it will auto refresh the page for you. Im still looking for one that will send you an sms or email alert if there are changes made to the site. Hope that helps

Hi Rob im in the same boat. I installed an add on with firefox (reload 28) and once installed and enabled it will auto refresh the page for you. Im still looking for one that will send you an sms or email alert if there are changes made to the site. Hope that helps

VS, If you reread my last post the only problem I'm having is my C4C program is being unable to highlight the bottom left square of my dashboard, where the interview opening pop-up would appear, as circled in red above . I e-mailed a experienced poster on this thread( much thanks BTW) and he was unable to shed light on my particular problem, but he agreed, without that area highlighted and not flashing, the C4C program would never trip an alert.

So are you able to get that area to flash blue ? Since I sent a $15 'VIP' donation to the C4C developer, I am in theory, able to correspond by e-mail with him, I will relay your SMS/e-mail alert question to you when I get an answer....I'll contact you as soon as I know

Timeline

VS, If you reread my last post the only problem I'm having is my C4C program is being unable to highlight the bottom left square of my dashboard, where the interview opening pop-up would appear, as circled in red above . I e-mailed a experienced poster on this thread( much thanks BTW) and he was unable to shed light on my particular problem, but he agreed, without that area highlighted and not flashing, the C4C program would never trip an alert.

So are you able to get that area to flash blue ? Since I sent a $15 'VIP' donation to the C4C developer, I am in theory, able to correspond by e-mail with him, I will relay your SMS/e-mail alert question to you when I get an answer....I'll contact you as soon as I know

I did not see that C4C post my bad. Actually that looks like a more promising add on. Ill try it as well, based on some of the other posts ive looked at on other threads regarding the use of this software they seem to have had some success which is encouraging. Ill let you know if it works!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.