Al422

How Long After Interview to Get Visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For those of you who got your visas after a Manila interview, how long did it take?

Here's our situation and why I need, to know:

Candy lives in a province that is not exactly around the corner from Manila. I am trying to gauge whether to send her home while she waits for her visa or have her wait for it in Manila and pick it up at the 2Go office and then send her home. She has plenty of friends and relatives who will accommocate her in Manila, but that is not the issue., The issue is I want to give her as much time as possible with her family in the province before she boards the plane to New York.

I can go one of two ways, have her wait in Manila and pick it up at 2Go and then send her home, or send her home immediately and have 2Go mail it there. It is a function of how long she will wait under each option.

Can i have some input on this from those who have experience with this?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Truth is no one knows.... you can hear of people getting their visa in 3 days or 3 weeks or even 3 months.

What delivery did you specify when you setup the interview?

Sounds like home delivery will give your fiancee time with her family, and it would only be a couple days different then if she were to wait in Manila.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

With mine, I just waited at the hotel in Manila were I was staying and its very close to the US embassy, it only took 2 days. I knew some friends who had their visa delivered to their homes in the province took a week. So I think have it delivered in Manila is much faster..

Edited by *HappyInlove*

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

gk90m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancé had her interview on Monday the 24th and asked for the Visa to be send to 2GO in Manila so she could accomplish her CFO and get the stamp before she returned to Davao. The Consulate said it would take a few days. Well it did not come and she spent the next 4-days in a hotel worrying when her visa will arrive. She ended up flying back to Davao and will return as soon as its delivered.

Dec 12th, 2013 – Mailed in I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox.

Dec 13th, 2013 – Package Delivered.

Dec 18th, 2013 - NOA1 Text and Email

Dec 20th, 2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy received in mail. Notice date on hardcopy says December 17th.

Jan 24th, 2014 - NOA2 - update on USCIS website

Feb 12th, 2014 - NVC has received our approved I-129F and we were given a Case #

March 15th, 2014 - Passed St. Luke's Medical Exam

March 15. 2014 - Rescheduled Embassy Appointment to March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014 - Visa Approved! :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my interview march 13 2014 got my visa 10 days after. then proceed to scheduling my CFO counselling after i got my visa

Faith can move mountains :D

TIMELINE

I-129F Sent : 2013-09-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-10-08

I-129F RFE(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-11-02

Interview Date : 2014-03-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-03-22

US Entry : 2014-04-17

Marriage : 2014-05-12

Processing Estimates/Stats :

Your I-129f was approved in 25 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 156 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Los Angeles CA

Date Filed : 2014-06-06

NOA Date : 2014-06-19

RFE(s) : none

Bio. Appt. : 2014-07-11

Interview Date :2014-09-22

Approved : Yes

waiting for greencard

I think it's case to case basis because I knew someone who had her interview same date as mine but then her visa was issued more than 2 weeks and mine was only a week (3working days).

AOS TIMELINE

07-14-14: Mailed AOS packet via USPS express mail

07-15-14: AOS packet delivered

07-17-14: Got email notification from USCIS

07-21-14: received 3 NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP) from the mail

07-28-14: received biometrics appointment letter (schedule on 08-11)

08-11-14: biometrics done

08-19-14: status is on "Testing and Interview"

09-11-14: EAD/AP approved

09-19-14: EAD/AP combo card received

10-06-14: case status update - interview scheduled on 11-06-14

10-08-14: received interview notice in the mail

11-06-14: Interview (Approved)

11-06-14: case status update "Card/Document Production"

11-07-14: case status update "Welcome Notice was Mailed"

11-13-14: case status update "Card was mailed to Me"

11-15-14: received GC and Welcome letter

ROC TIMELINE:

09-07-16: mailed I-751 packet

09-09-16: ROC packet delivered

09-14-16: check cashed

09-16-16: NOA received

09-26-16: Biometrics appointment received

10-12-16: Biometrics done

Al422, on 29 Mar 2014 - 5:15 PM, said:

For those of you who got your visas after a Manila interview, how long did it take?

Here's our situation and why I need, to know:

Candy lives in a province that is not exactly around the corner from Manila. I am trying to gauge whether to send her home while she waits for her visa or have her wait for it in Manila and pick it up at the 2Go office and then send her home. She has plenty of friends and relatives who will accommocate her in Manila, but that is not the issue., The issue is I want to give her as much time as possible with her family in the province before she boards the plane to New York.

I can go one of two ways, have her wait in Manila and pick it up at 2Go and then send her home, or send her home immediately and have 2Go mail it there. It is a function of how long she will wait under each option.

Can i have some input on this from those who have experience with this?

I concur with Hanks answer. It's the most logical. Read on and you will see everyone received theirs at different times.

Hank_, on 29 Mar 2014 - 5:26 PM, said:

Truth is no one knows.... you can hear of people getting their visa in 3 days or 3 weeks or even 3 months.

What delivery did you specify when you setup the interview?

Sounds like home delivery will give your fiancee time with her family, and it would only be a couple days different then if she were to wait in Manila.

:thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

I don't mind home delivery adding a few more days onto the process since she will be spending at least a week with her family post interview anyway. I just don't want it to add weeks to the process, nor do I want her idling in Manila for a week or more while she waits for the visa.

I know we can't control the time and it takes what it takes. The one thing we can control is whether she waits for it in Manila (boring wait) or waits for it in her family home (nice wait with family) and the time difference between these two choices.

I am inclined to go with sending her home right after the interview and wait there. Then when visa comes, go to Manila one last time, do the CFO, and then off to New York.

BTW I heard you can do the CFO before the interview and then return to CFO office with your visa and get the stamp. She will have 4 idle days in Manila between the med exam and the interview, which is why this rumor got my attention. Anyone know anything about this?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't mind home delivery adding a few more days onto the process since she will be spending at least a week with her family post interview anyway. I just don't want it to add weeks to the process, nor do I want her idling in Manila for a week or more while she waits for the visa.

I know we can't control the time and it takes what it takes. The one thing we can control is whether she waits for it in Manila (boring wait) or waits for it in her family home (nice wait with family) and the time difference between these two choices.

I am inclined to go with sending her home right after the interview and wait there. Then when visa comes, go to Manila one last time, do the CFO, and then off to New York.

BTW I heard you can do the CFO before the interview and then return to CFO office with your visa and get the stamp. She will have 4 idle days in Manila between the med exam and the interview, which is why this rumor got my attention. Anyone know anything about this?

Yup one can do CFO before acquiring the visa. Many do it that way.

There is info on CFO in my link below

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I think that is what I will do then on the CFO. The necessary dead time between medical and interview is a good chance to get that out of the way. That way when she is in Manila for the last time, just a quck stop at the CFO office to get the stamp.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.