K&JK

Visa Approved!!!!!!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I had my interview on 16th Dec and was approved, would like to thank all of you for your support.

It was at the Mumbai office and below is my experience

Walked in at 8 got in the consulate and there is a big lawn where people are waiting to get in there was a person waiting he saw that I was a K1 applicant and he spoke on the walkie talkie and informed someone inside that there was a K1 visa applicant and asked me to walk in so I went in to a counter where I got a token number and was asked to sit then my number flashed and I went to a counter where a India guy greeted me and asked for all the documents as below.

Original Passport

DS160 Stamped during bio metric

I134 and the supporting docs

Copy of My Birth Certificate and copy of translation

PCC

Medical Reports

He then asked me a few questions like my father’s maiden name surname, mother’s maiden name and then he asked me to keep my proof of relationship ready for the interview and all other docs were ready with them.

Then I waited for about an hour before my number again flashed, I got up took a deep breath and walked over to the window and there was a lady in the mid 50’s, she greeted me and so did I….She asked me to swear that all information provided is correct to best of my knowledge……Then started the interview

How did you meet your fiancé? - Answered in detail

How do you keep in touch? - Shared my Skype screenshots

What time of the day do you typically speak? – Answered

What’s the plan for marriage?

Will you Parents travel for the wedding?

What religion do you practice?

What religion does she practice?

She asked for the photos

When did she last traveled here? – My Birthday this year

What did you do for her birthday and what’s her birth date?

She asked a few questions about the people in the photos

How do your parents find her?

It went on for about 10 minutes and finally the magic words came out that the Visa is APPROVED and I was excited, what a feeling…I rushed home and called my Fiancé and woke her in the middle of the night and she was excited, also called my parent who were out of town who were also excited.

My passport id ready for pick up and will do that tomorrow!

What a Day!

Edited by K&JK

Regards

K&JK

Congratulations! kicking.gif Feels wonderful yea? Like thorns taken out of your chest laughing.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wife's interview is on Jan 22 and I hope it goes that easy. I am nervous for her and she is 10 time more nervous. I hope all of this go smooth and i hear the same good news.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congrats!!!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.