lou2565

My Experience: DCF- Manila, Philippines, 11/20/2013

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all...

I figured it might help somewhat to share what I went through in case anyone is planning to go anytime soon...

Arrived at Embassy around 7 and the 2nd floor wasn't open until 7:30 so we waited outside a bit...went upstairs 7:30 and waited for Window 25 to open at 8 and after 2 very fast questions prior to mine, I was called 3rd and went up with (what I thought) was everything I needed...

The woman was very nice and helpful and assisted me with some application errors...they were minor errors and she just whited out what I typed and I wrote them in...so don't sweat over typos or incorrect spelling...you can fix at the window.

She asked for the basics...i130 app for my wife and step-daughter, g325a for myself and wife, passport photos, my birth certificate, marriage cert, and proof that I'd been in the Philippines longer than 6 months (since I'm not a permanent resident). The items she accepted were: our rental lease, copy of i-card, copy of passport stamp showing arrival date, and the funniest items that she really accepted...my Shakey's card, Robinson's card, SM Advantage card, and Solaire Resort play card...I provided a copy of our son's birth certificate to show a 'bonafide marriage' and also brought about 30 labeled photos but we never got to that...

She asked for the NSO copy of our marriage certificate (even though a CTC is normally accepted) and also a CENOMAR for my wife to show she wasn't married previously...since I'm only about 30 minutes from the Embassy, we decided to take care of things and submit everything again next week...the way I see it, she was almost looking for the complete VISA app package (not just the i130 docs) and wanted to bang everything out in one shot...rather then starting the application now...again we had no problems with this, because I'd need these docs eventually anyway...she did say we met all the requirements, she just asked us to come back if it wasn't too much of a hassle...so not a complete success, but at least got some answers and can move forward from here...

If anyone has any questions, let me know...

Oh...she also wanted the CRBA for our son but his appointment is in 2 weeks...another doc not typically required for the i130...

9eqcduuxkivla.png

10/31/2011-Met through a mutual friend while working in China

3/14/2013-Moved to San Pedro, Laguna, Philippines

5/3/2013-Our son was born!

9/26/2013-Married in Manila

1/31/2013-Filed i-130 DCF Manila for Wife and Step-Daughter

2/5/2013-i130 Approved

2/7-2013-Wife attended CFO, Manila

2/8-Wife and Step Daughter apply for new passports with my surname

2/18-Received case numbers from Embassy

2/24-Completed DS260 for Wife and Step-Daughter

3/5-Day 1 of Medical Exam at SLEC...

3/7-Day 2 of Medical Exam at SLEC...PASSED!

3/7-Rescheduled interview for March 24, 2014

3/24-Interview PASSED!

3/27-Received passports via 2GO Travel

Timeline

Thanks for providing your info! I live in Davao, so this stuff is important to know for an interview in the future to have it all at once. I'm just now looking into DCF for someday down the road. I've lived here for the most part since 2011 with trips back to the US about once a year give or take. I'm headed back to the US for Christmas and then returning again. Will that mean I have to wait an entire 6 months once I arrive back in order to petition my Filipino husband? Or will they take into account that I've been here so long in general?

Timeline

Thanks for providing your info! I live in Davao, so this stuff is important to know for an interview in the future to have it all at once. I'm just now looking into DCF for someday down the road. I've lived here for the most part since 2011 with trips back to the US about once a year give or take. I'm headed back to the US for Christmas and then returning again. Will that mean I have to wait an entire 6 months once I arrive back in order to petition my Filipino husband? Or will they take into account that I've been here so long in general?

I actually took a business trip to China in the middle of my stay and was worried about the same thing...but I didn't mention that, and provided a photocopy of my original passport stamp that dated me past the 6 month window...also showed them my i-card which had the issue date passed 6 months...so you should be fine. I'll let you know how my next trip to the embassy goes. Should be heading back in a week or two...

9eqcduuxkivla.png

2/5/2013-i130 Approved

3/24-Interview PASSED!

Timeline

I actually took a business trip to China in the middle of my stay and was worried about the same thing...but I didn't mention that, and provided a photocopy of my original passport stamp that dated me past the 6 month window...also showed them my i-card which had the issue date passed 6 months...so you should be fine. I'll let you know how my next trip to the embassy goes. Should be heading back in a week or two...

Awesome! Thanks so much for your information...

• 5 weeks later...

How would they not know since you must put where you have lived? They would see that you lived in China for a short time on your business trip. If you didn't mention that then you got lucky because if they found that out and you didnt put that on the applications you could be in serious trouble. I want to file DCF, I got married in the Philippines and was here for 8 months, then went back to the U.S. for 8 months. I just got back and want to file DCF but I'm not sure if they will let me since I left the country.

Timeline

How would they not know since you must put where you have lived? They would see that you lived in China for a short time on your business trip. If you didn't mention that then you got lucky because if they found that out and you didnt put that on the applications you could be in serious trouble. I want to file DCF, I got married in the Philippines and was here for 8 months, then went back to the U.S. for 8 months. I just got back and want to file DCF but I'm not sure if they will let me since I left the country.

I stayed in a hotel during my time in China...I didn't 'live' there or 'move' there...so it wasn't necessary to list on my places of residence...I still retained my lease at my house in the Philippines...there's no issue, and there shouldn't be...

9eqcduuxkivla.png

2/5/2013-i130 Approved

3/24-Interview PASSED!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Finally made it back with the other docs I needed...was first person called at 8am, 5 minutes at the window, paid $840 for 2 petitions and was out the door...will keep everyone posted on how fast until approval...

9eqcduuxkivla.png

2/5/2013-i130 Approved

3/24-Interview PASSED!

Yes, please do. We will be doing this soon, and would like to know approximately how fast the approval will come. Planning on spending 10 days and hoping the medical can be done in that trip too.

Timeline

Got a call yesterday regarding a discrepancy on my wife's birth cert., and they requested a signed letter explaining it. 4 hours later received an email the condition was cleared. I guess it's a good sign they're reviewing the file after only 3 business days. Waiting to hear if petitions were fully approved...

9eqcduuxkivla.png

2/5/2013-i130 Approved

3/24-Interview PASSED!

Timeline

And just got reply...

The petition was approved on 05FEB14. A notice of approval was sent to the petitioner on the same date.

3 business days for i130 approval...pretty impressive...

9eqcduuxkivla.png

2/5/2013-i130 Approved

3/24-Interview PASSED!

Timeline

Awesome info. Thanks for the update. Keep us in the loop if you don't mind please.

Will do--I called this morning and they told me to call back on Monday for my case numbers.

9eqcduuxkivla.png

2/5/2013-i130 Approved

3/24-Interview PASSED!

• 2 months later...

Will do--I called this morning and they told me to call back on Monday for my case numbers.

Do you still have the phone numbers you used. Seems the ones that I am using are not answering. Any tricks to use to get through to get a DFC case number. Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.