RickJustice

$25 USD for Unlimited calls to the Philippines

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey everyone! Just so you don't have to go through what I did to spend alot of money contacting your significant other in the Philippines, at the bottom is a link to call to set up an account for Unlimited calls to the Philippines (mostly all metro areas) for only $25 usd...effective immediately. I went from hundreds of dollars using skype, then a $100+ for two accounts in Vonage for 2x 3000 minutes to Globe, but afterwards found this company. They used to charge around $39+ and gave a phone to your partner in the Philippines, but have since partnered with Globe. Your partner in the Philippines has to have a globe number which will be registered. She cannot lose it or the month's payment will be useless. You can only change the registered Globe number once a month. They will assign the US half with a US based number which if you have a calling plan for unlimited local or long distance, will work great. I live in California and the number they gave me was from New York, but I have unlimited long distance and minutes on my cell phone so all is great. You have to call monthly to renew.

Also, if you currently have Vonage, call them to cancel the 3000 Globe minutes plan and tell them about this new plan. To keep your business, they will offer you a unlimited local and long distance for $9 a month instead of the usual $25+ that it costs. Just act like you want their business but it's too expensive. They will offer you the $9 plan.

Here's the number and link:

Lunex Telecom (call every month to renew)
888-333-2404
ps--found this on a search for unlimited calls to the Philippines and like I said above it used to be Kabayanunlimited and offered it for 39.99/mo and sent a phone to your partner in the philippines. The phone was around $60. But They partnered with Globe like Vonage and is a wayyyyyy better deal.

Hope this helps some of you. Comment if it did, so this post stays up for newcomers. :)

Just found out my NOA2 approved Oct 25, 2013 is still good. Was automatically extended by the embassy until one year of the last date of notification which is Dec 3, 2013. It's a race now.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

OBITalk is VOIP - yes it needs internet. I took one with me when I flew over and plugged it into their modem and that is what I use here for our home phone also so I have no phone bill.

When my wife wants to call someone else in the Phils she just uses GoogleVoice and it's 11 cents a minute, but she rarely calls her aunt or uncles.

Of course I have been "told" by a few of my wife's aunts and uncles to bring more OBItalk boxes next time! :lol:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone

I also have the same subscription, except I have it directly from globe, been using it for 2 years now great service. No internet needed your fiance must have globe. I register it online myself. Rick if you go to globes site and register it you can select for her to have a california number, and you can also have it auto renew. the website to register for globes plan directly is duointernational.globe.com.ph the price is the same $25 per month.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Magicjack works perfect for $20 a year.... I have 3 accounts with them and is easy to use... If she or you have an Ipad or Iphone you can get a free access on their app.... So it could be free... And of course if you both have them facetime is the best for free... My wife uses both of these to stay in touch with family and friends back home....

My husband and I uses MagicJack. Thanks to Apple21 of VJ who suggested it. My husband is subscribed for $20 a year, and I on the other hand, only had to download the app on my iPhone.

When I have no wi-fi access, I just turn my 3G or LTE on, and he can call me anytime. A lot cheaper.

Other times, we use Tango, that allows me to leave voice/video and text messages--which we get once we get online on our iPad or iPhone. Other times we use Viber.

Timeline

My issue is my fiancé is from a remote area, barely a bar of cell signal and absolutely no Internet access. I installed a signal booster In her mom's house, most times she can get 3 bars! yay! :-P

Rick's initial suggestion seems best for our situation. . We are currently using Vonage/Globe, 29.99/mo for 3,000 mins. Eck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If my fiance was able to have good connection all the time, it would be perfect to just use the free MagicJack app (no subscription required...i can call her if she gets the app too and gives me her number and she can call me.) or viber or skype even. However, it's like on 3 mins then disconnects. This is from unlimited wifi (shared) from a neighbor..haha..but she pays for it around 150 pesos a month. But like I said, it's always on and off. So very annoying during the middle of a phone call. Best just for texting.

Without the neighbor as it currently is, I also figured her getting 50mb load for internet for an average 25 pesos a day is close to me paying for unlimited calls to her. She can save her money, and just get load when she needs to or wants to talk to me outside our calling times. But she can save even more money and just get the 10 pesos internet load only using that browser from android...Opera, and text me on facebook to call her :)

Globe's plan works best for our situation where the internet sucks, and we're both on a budget.

To: Med1023, I didn't know Globe offered it directly too. I wish I knew much earlier. Could have saved so much money from Skype and Vonage >.< lol. I only found out when I decided to take a chance and go with Lunex's old plan for like 70 a month and that's when they told me about the new plan :)

Just found out my NOA2 approved Oct 25, 2013 is still good. Was automatically extended by the embassy until one year of the last date of notification which is Dec 3, 2013. It's a race now.

Yes, internet is VERY unreliable in the provinces. Disconnects, days without service, power outages. VERY unreliable. For emergencies, we just use an online "calling card", around 8¢ per minute, but rarely use it to talk. Skype and FB is the primary, when they work.

Timeline

I use google voice with obitalk... FREE

Yes I sent one of these to Phils as well. You can use several apps on Smart phones too that are free, for chat and video conferencing.

All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Timeline

Once you have the obitalk in the Phils calling from any phone in the USA is free to that number.

I do like the obitalk setup for sure, just need to remember to bring more over on our next trip. :lol:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Maybe I shouldn't have cut math classes in school, but doesn't paying for Internet access on both ends end up costing more than one, for example Vonage account? We will really be on a budget for a bit. Explained: no home internet, using my phone hot spot at home and no Internet at fiances home. Thanks.

Timeline

Well if you don't have internet then you would for sure need to look at other options. None of the VOIP stuff will work without internet; Vonage, magicjack, obitalk, and so on.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.