clc

Section 221g for Medical

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If anyone has any ideas about this, please share.

My husband did not get his medical results before his interview. The doctor told him to go without them and that he could go back to the embassy with the results at a later date. He went to the interview and it seemed to go well. He received a 221g paper stating that he needed to turn in his medical results and it had a number to call.

After he finally got the results, he called the number and was told to go on the CSC website and follow the directions for registering with DHL. He had already done this. So, they told him to bring the medical to the DHL office in Kingston. He did that (and his passport) more than a week ago and we have not heard anything from anybody. No update on the case status, no info on the Waybill number.

I am worried because I thought he had to schedule a follow-up appointment at the embassy to drop off additional documents. Did he follow the correct procedure by leaving his documents at the DHL office? How do we know that the embassy ever received them? How long before there is an update? The CO told him that everything was approved, they only needed to receive the medical.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thank you!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He didnt get a waybill number to track delivery? DHL probably assumed he was doing a courier in application. Normally you email and schedule an appt to drop it off. Email the embassy to verify receipt of documents.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

DHL told him that they would email him a tracking number, but there has not been an email. That's making me more worried. I hate for there to be another delay. But I will email the embassy like you suggested.

I thought he would have scheduled an appt. Hope we didn't mess up!

Thanks!

Edited by clc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

From my experience, the majority of the people will quote the process they know and not even care or listen to what exactly it is you are inquiring about. Yes DHL will email you the waybill number once they receive the visa. I had received an email from the embassy once our visa was issued confirming that DHL is the one who issues the waybill number-when they switched to this CSC site it changed everything! I think DHL told your husband they will email him the waybill number, but didn't care to clarify it will only after the visa is issued. Pinkerlion, gave you the best advise in this senario and email the embassy. Also, try contacting DOS and asking if any documents are missing.

Regarding, how long will this process take- it can take anywhere from several days to weeks. Just breathe, take the time to prepare for the next steps, skype/video chat as much as possible. The waiting is daunting but in the end well worth it.

Good Luck

Edited by BeanCamp

Timeline

From my experience, the majority of the people will quote the process they know and not even care or listen to what exactly it is you are inquiring about. Yes DHL will email you the waybill number once they receive the visa. I had received an email from the embassy once our visa was issued confirming that DHL is the one who issues the waybill number-when they switched to this CSC site it changed everything! I think DHL told your husband they will email him the waybill number, but didn't care to clarify it will only after the visa is issued. Pinkerlion, gave you the best advise in this senario and email the embassy. Also, try contacting DOS and asking if any documents are missing.

Regarding, how long will this process take- it can take anywhere from several days to weeks. Just breathe, take the time to prepare for the next steps, skype/video chat as much as possible. The waiting is daunting but in the end well worth it.

Good Luck

Thanks for your input and encouragement. I am sending an email tonight and hoping they reply back with good news soon. I will feel better knowing they received the medical, even if it's still a wait for the visa.

And you are right; I am so grateful for Skype. Can't imagine going through this without it!

Thank you!

Timeline

I sent the email and am still waiting for a reply.

I checked on the CEAC status tracking which has said administrative processing for over a month now. But it was updated today and now says READY. Which sounds REALLY good, but I'm confused again. The description says "Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the US Consular section." And it goes on. But he already completed the interview.

What does this mean?

• 4 weeks later...

I was also in similar situation where I had medical day before interview and the when they get the results they send straight to them.Had interview on the 5th of november and haven't heard anything back yet. They have updated the CEAC status a couple of times to ready but no idea what this means. Are you still waiting to hear back from embassy or how did you get on?

Timeline

I was also in similar situation where I had medical day before interview and the when they get the results they send straight to them.Had interview on the 5th of november and haven't heard anything back yet. They have updated the CEAC status a couple of times to ready but no idea what this means. Are you still waiting to hear back from embassy or how did you get on?

Yes! We finally got through. The status update on the CEAC showed that the visa was issued on 10/25, although he didn't get called to pick it up for a couple of days. Based solely on my experience, I think it's a good sign that yours showed ready. Ours went from AP to Ready for Interview, then back to AP and Ready again all in the matter of a couple of days before it finally changed to Issued.

Good luck to you!!!!!

Yes! We finally got through. The status update on the CEAC showed that the visa was issued on 10/25, although he didn't get called to pick it up for a couple of days. Based solely on my experience, I think it's a good sign that yours showed ready. Ours went from AP to Ready for Interview, then back to AP and Ready again all in the matter of a couple of days before it finally changed to Issued.

Good luck to you!!!!!

Congrats!! and best of luck!! Thank you for your help. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.