InternationalGuy

I-864 6.5. Current Individual Annual Income

4 posts in this topic

HI VJ clique,

I have a practical question concerning form 864.

My total income for 2010, 2011, 2012 meet the 125% guideline and I am planing to provide "transcripts only". I made 46K,43K and 51K respecitvely in this order.

I was laid off and started a new job in 2013, my current income will be less then the 125% therefore I was planing to use my savings and stocks as assets ...etc

However, I just watched this video, it was mentioned that I could just use my 2012 as my actual individual annual income. Has anyone been in my case?

I read many sources about how my current Individual Annual income should be calculated and I feel that the definition is far from being clear.

Would I encounter any issues if I use my 2012?

Also please not that my "total income" for 2012 combines stocks , a 1099 but no W2.

I know there are several opinions for this, I was just curious to know if any of you were in my predicament . I do not plan to supply employment letter or pay stubs, just the transcripts ( 3 of them)

Any thoughts or suggestions, would be gladly appreciated .

Thank you

I am USC

06-20-13 Dad's I 130 sent

06-25-13 NOA1 received

12-26-13 Notice Via Email and Texts petition transfered to Nebraska

01-20-14 Expedite with Nebraska

02-06-14 Text message NOA2 approved , waiting on hard copy

02-06-14 Email from USCIS , my file was transferred to NVC

02-10-14 NOA2 received

02-15-14 still waiting on case number from NVC

02-19-14 NVC received package from USCIS

02-19-14 I applied for expedite process with NVC

03-03-14 NVC assigned case and invoice number, but I am unable to log in

03-04-14 Able to log in. Completed father's DS 261

03-05-14 AOS fee available to be paid. I paid it online.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HI VJ clique,

I have a practical question concerning form 864.

My total income for 2010, 2011, 2012 meet the 125% guideline and I am planing to provide "transcripts only". I made 46K,43K and 51K respecitvely in this order.

I was laid off and started a new job in 2013, my current income will be less then the 125% therefore I was planing to use my savings and stocks as assets ...etc. If your saving is above the guidelines amount then you should be fine.

However, I just watched this video, it was mentioned that I could just use my 2012 as my actual individual annual income. Has anyone been in my case?

I read many sources about how my current Individual Annual income should be calculated and I feel that the definition is far from being clear.

Would I encounter any issues if I use my 2012?

Also please not that my "total income" for 2012 combines stocks , a 1099 but no W2.

I know there are several opinions for this, I was just curious to know if any of you were in my predicament . I do not plan to supply employment letter or pay stubs, the transcripts ( 3 of them) That along is not going to help you. You need to have a letter of employment to show current income and they look at current income. If your income is not enough you need to make sure your assets is 3 times that amount .

You need to show proof of said assets for at least 6 months of statements.

Any thoughts or suggestions, would be gladly appreciated .

Thank you

You need to look at your household size if there is a family of 2 you need to make $19,387. If your income is less than that your assets needs to be 3times the difference. If you make 18000 for the year you subtract 18000 from 19387 which makes you short of 1387 so your assets needs to be 4161 or more. That's how you get your calculation on assets.

Keep it Real

Florida4life,

Thank you for your reply. I know about the requirements and calculations however my question was pertaining to current income. Should I just mention the one my employer states on the letter? even though I wont reach that amount by 12-31-2013

I am USC

06-20-13 Dad's I 130 sent

06-25-13 NOA1 received

12-26-13 Notice Via Email and Texts petition transfered to Nebraska

01-20-14 Expedite with Nebraska

02-06-14 Text message NOA2 approved , waiting on hard copy

02-06-14 Email from USCIS , my file was transferred to NVC

02-10-14 NOA2 received

02-15-14 still waiting on case number from NVC

02-19-14 NVC received package from USCIS

02-19-14 I applied for expedite process with NVC

03-03-14 NVC assigned case and invoice number, but I am unable to log in

03-04-14 Able to log in. Completed father's DS 261

03-05-14 AOS fee available to be paid. I paid it online.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Florida4life,

Thank you for your reply. I know about the requirements and calculations however my question was pertaining to current income. Should I just mention the one my employer states on the letter? even though I wont reach that amount by 12-31-2013

You need to list your current employment situation and your current annual income, not past. It is your annual income, not what you make from Jan. - Dec. 2013, or what you have made so far this year. It is what you make in a year, as in your income annualized. Do you actually make enough currently? For instance, if you make $15 an hour and you work 40 hours a week, then that is $600 a week times 52 weeks, which is an annual income of $31,200. A letter from your employer stating your income and/or recent pay stubs will prove that current income amount.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.