The Conqueror

What a day!!! My Medical Interview Experience (Aug. 01-02)

8 posts in this topic

I arrived a day early for my Medical Interview or Exam on Thursday (01 August).
3pm
Touch down in Bocobo St. aiming to look around and look for St. Lukes location. I asked the salesday at the Mini Grocery (Sari-Sari Store) where is St. Lukes she stupidly answered "I don't know". And later, one step away from the store there was a guy "A good Citizen" ask me "How may i help you". I asked "I'm looking St. Lukes Clinic Extension. He then showed me the building with blue and white paint. Took advantage of him and asked, where is "Casa Bocobo Hotel" located ?.
Finally I familiarize myself around the area and headed to the hotel. Tried to take a nap but no luck. I decided then to take an early dinner so I can sleep early. My sister gave me some "Melatonin" sleeping pills but I tell you nothing works when you are under-pressure or tense.
12:30am
Finally I decided to get up. There's no use in sleeping because I was almost half awake the entire night.
1:00am
Decided to go to St. Lukes! I know.. I know, you guys will tell me I'm crazytongue.png ..... lol and I am!!! But I did not confess that to the doctor about it hahahaha laughing.gif laughing.gif . Then I forced myself to eat my left over chicken fingers.... geeezzz, I sure felt good after I ate.
The weather was great, it wasn't raining... there's a cool breeze and I stayed and sat on the staircase. Entertained my self will waiting......
Maribel and Grace came but I didn't notice what time they arrived. Immediately I asked if they know VJ forum. They have no idea! But they are "Asawa World" Member from Facebook :=). Sure waiting went smoothly sharing stories.
3:00am
People start coming and the vendor in the corner start setting up the plastic chairs and formed a line. People are making themselves comfortable sitting on the chairs, little did they know they will be charge 10 pesos afterwards... =)
4:15am
Then notice Manong Guard is awake! I told Maribel I hope he's not a Ghost roaming inside the building......lol
5:00am
Finally the clinic has opened! The guard had given me a number.....it's no. 01 (in red card) it means you had Online Registration (from the SLEC online application).
5:50am
The screener from the USA reception instructed the guards to let us form a line.
She only took:
- the coloured copy of my Biographic page of my passport and Appointment Letter. I had black/white but she took the coloured ones...
- stapled (1) 2x2 photo to my Online (filled) Registration form)
- a copy of my NVC letter and the email we got from NVC ( a reply from my fiance query - after two weeks!!!)
- had fingerprints
Then she only asked my is this my first time to have a medical at St. Lukes.
6:00am
The screener instructed me to pay the medical fees at the cashier located at the 5th floor at the small windor located on the right corner after going out of the elevator. Wow! it looked like a Ghost town, no one was around yet.
6:15am - 5th floor
Finally the cashier arrived and I paid P9,812 (the amount depending on the current $=Peso rate)
6:35am - 5th floor
A lady with a blue uniform took my receipt and told me to sit in the waiting area. Had the Vital signs (Blood pressure, eye test, weight & height) on the same floor. And they asked, when was my last menstruation?
7:03am - 4th floor (Laboratory)
Handed my receipt and my passport at the reception. My name was called and went to the room for blood extraction, the nurse had hard time looking for my veins.....but she's excellent, I did not even felt the needle, she then told me to go to the toilet to collect Urine Sample. (Fill it up) and then go back to the waiting area. Later my name was called again, returned my passport+the receipt.
7:44am - 3rd floor
Had the X-ray. I was nervous because I still have cough...... sticky phlegm in my lungs.. yuckkk.. oopss. =(cray5ol.gif
8:50am - back to 5th floor
Physical Exam!!! My favorite!!! lol. Once called I was asked about my medical history/background (asthma, allergies, operation, heart problem, cancer, etc etc), last menstation, my work background if I ever worked a healthcare related job.....have I ever been exposed to a person with TB ?.
The room was small once you entered there's a chair on the left side and the doctors table, I was sitting there, after the interview it went smoothly. NOTE: Answer Honestly, looking at the doctos eyegood.gif , it is important to have direct eye contact. Never blink....look up, left or right! It is a sign that you are not sure of your answers.no0pb.gif
Then finally she said you can undressed now. I stood up and took off my Jacket (yes i was freakin' cold). All of a sudden she said not there, the door might open. I told her in a nice way smilin' just my jacket doctor. =)... lol. So I went to the corner and found a hospital gown. Removed all my clothes and had the gown.. and layed down on the bed. The doctor said just checking the breast.. again she asked me about any scars, operation etc. took a peak of my body just a few seconds. Then told me to lay on my right side. I then felt that she moved a piece of the gown to take a peek of my behind.. down there... hehehe.. you know what i meant.rolleyes.gif
And all of the only took 10mins!!! She told me I'm done.. I was surprise because the gal before me took 1 hour!!!.
Then all I can remember the reception told us to come back at 1:30pm and proceed at the 3rd floor "Check out Counter".
I went straight to the hotel to eat my FREE BREAKFAST!!! Before the cut-off time at 10:00am...lol... afterwards I tried taking a nap... no success....I just decided to go down and ordered "Sinigang na Sugpo" - (Prawns in sour soup). Chatted with one of the girls, her name is Jenny. She's under Employment Visa (Nurse).
1:00pm
Went back to the third floor with Jenny at the reception area. I saw, let's name her ANNA. She told me my name was already called. I was excited to check my name on the list. Jenny found hers and proceed to the 2nd floor for Immunization shots! Can't find my name. ANNA said my name was called after hers. She was advised to wait till 2:30pm to have the doctor read/check the X-ray result. Finally I saw the girl who called my name and asked her. She told me the same thing, wait till 2:30pm! My world, my hope turned up side down =(....... I want to cry.... but controlled myself. Every girl coming to check the results they were asked to proceed at 2nd floor but not me and ANNA. ANNA said maybe at 2:30pm they will tell us to proceed at the 2nd floor. I was quiet... asking why me? Is it because of my cough? crying.gif
I tried singing Praise and Worship song in my mind. Talking to God. Telling him I feel so down. Asking forgiveness. Praying that when 2:30pm comes, all I want to hear is "Ms. Dahlia please proceed to 2nd floor". I was finally slowing down at 2:00pm I just shut my eyes while sitting with the last thing in my mind..."IMMUNIZATION"/2ND FLOOR.
Finally, I heard ANNA's name + 3 girls. I stood up and ask her "What now?" I just remember ANNA telling me "4th floor" then my name was called. The lady proceeded to the Check Out Counter, I folllowed her. I saw my receipt and there was a stamp behind it, she told me to come back tomorrow at 8:30am while writing the time, and I hear the magic word!!!! FOR IMMUNIZATION! Yes...I asked her "Oh so I can't have my shots today?" she answered "No, you can have it tomorrow" in a soft angelic voice. And I asked again, I just want to make sure it's for Immunization right? She again aswered yes. That's all that matters. At that point, I could careless that I did not finish my medical in 1 day. I am safe... I passed the Medical Exam!kicking.gif Thank you Lord!!!!!star_smile.gif
2ND DAY
8:45am-12:35pm
2nd floor
Immunization shots went smoothly.....waiting ... waiting..... is really nerve wrecking.ClockWatch2.gif
Ground floor
Passport taken then released with the sealed cd and Vaccination Documentation Worksheet.
DONE...Case closed!!!dancin5hr.gif
To my Fiance, my love of my lifewub.png "Thank you for giving me your love, moral support, your time". Throughout the process you made sure we talked thru Skype, regular phone calls and text.
I love you!!! This all for you and for our future as a partner!!!heart.gif wow.gif
Finally to God be all the Glory and Praise. He sure makes a way when there's seems to be no way.
Thank you Lord Jesus! innocent.gif
Off-Topic2.gif To all fellow VJ'ers "Thank you for your time reading my Med.Experience" God Bless!!!

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your story. I enjoyed reading it.

Bookmarked!

Looks like you are in the Seattle area....Dahlia will also be living with me in Mill Creek, just North of Seattle...I also read your story....not much has changed in 4 years :-)

The Visa Journey is certainly about true love and strengthens those it does not break.....!!!

Cheers,

cjmc

You light the way for others when you share your experiences. Thank you and God bless. Happy sailing forward. dancin5hr.gif

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You light the way for others when you share your experiences. Thank you and God bless. Happy sailing forward. dancin5hr.gif

I am leaving Seattle tomorrow for Manila and we will also write up all about our interview on Aug 8th....and then the CFO right after...and then, we will sail off into the sunset !!!! :-)

Cheers,

Curt

Thanks for sharing your story. I enjoyed reading it.

Bookmarked!

Your most welcome! Thank you for reading!

I am so thankful the ordeal at St. Lukes is over. I was a little bit emotional about waiting for the result. Now I'm totally rested. I recall the lady from the checkout counter explain that my X-ray wasn't read earlier so i have to wait for it. Waiting for the result is nerved-wrecking specially i was so worried because i have a cough.

All things made easier to go through the medical process by reading the reviews here in the VJ Forum. But definitely each experiences are unique.

Thank you for the kind words. We are all blessed because we have nice people here in VJ Forum willing to share their ideas and experiences. I am so greatful for having a chance to know this forum. heart.gif

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Chinook was worried about the x-ray more than anything else in her entire immigration journey. The Embassy interview was a piece of cake by comparison.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.