Alvanx

No NOA1, filed in Frankfurt

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

2 1/2 weeks ago I filed in person the I-130 for my husband in Frankfurt. It seems like everyone recieves their NOA1 after a few days and I have recieved nothing. We are under time restraint because my 16 year old brother is very sick, so we need to move to the States ASAP to be with my family. We have 3 small children that are German/American citizens and tickets to fly out on the 15th of October. I will leave with our children on that date regardless, but of course I want my husband to be with us and our kids will be missing their daddy if it takes forever! Anyone have experience with not recieving one at all, but things are still progressing?

Thanks a lot!

Whitney

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi Whitney,

I suspect you may have the same problem we had. We waited almost 2 months with no response. Finally I got through on the phone and was told they don't send notification letters out of the country. We live in Malaysia and on the I-130 there's a place to put your address including country. I didn't see where it says that we have to have a US address. Anyway, we gave them a US address and got a request for another document in about 2 weeks. We then got our additional paperwork in about a day before the cut off when we would have had to reapply, money and all. What do they care? It's no skin off their backs and if you don't like it move.

Craig

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

OP, are you doing DCF in Frankfurt? I am by no means an expert with DCF, but I found another thread here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/374068-do-i-get-an-noa1/page-2

So my understanding is that they do not usually send out any NOA1's for DCF in Frankfurt. If they charged the fee from your bank account, that should mean they have accepted it and are working on it. Also, I would give Frankfurt a call or e-mail them and see what they have to say. There is another member (Veronicavonn) on here who is currently doing DCF in Frankfurt - maybe you could talk to her about her experiences.

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

OP, are you doing DCF in Frankfurt? I am by no means an expert with DCF, but I found another thread here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/374068-do-i-get-an-noa1/page-2

So my understanding is that they do not usually send out any NOA1's for DCF in Frankfurt. If they charged the fee from your bank account, that should mean they have accepted it and are working on it. Also, I would give Frankfurt a call or e-mail them and see what they have to say. There is another member (Veronicavonn) on here who is currently doing DCF in Frankfurt - maybe you could talk to her about her experiences.

I went in person, so I paid there! I did email them yesterday for an upcoming change of address and I will see what they say about my case. If they are like "sorry, we don't know where your petition is ;)" then I will worry but if they have it and just note the change of address, I guess everything is fine.

thank you, I will check the link out!

I went in person, so I paid there! I did email them yesterday for an upcoming change of address and I will see what they say about my case. If they are like "sorry, we don't know where your petition is ;)" then I will worry but if they have it and just note the change of address, I guess everything is fine.

thank you, I will check the link out!

For DCF frankfurt, do they let you submit the form with for e-notification? If so, then you may be similar to DCF London where if you include an email, they'll *only* send NOA1 by email (and ours ended up in a spam folder - so you might wanna double check in there, if so).

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

For DCF frankfurt, do they let you submit the form with for e-notification? If so, then you may be similar to DCF London where if you include an email, they'll *only* send NOA1 by email (and ours ended up in a spam folder - so you might wanna double check in there, if so).

We included emails and they didn't send us emails until we asked whether we were approved or not. Then they forwarded the letter stating we're approved. When I filed in person, they gave me the NOA1 directly. They never sent it by mail. I don't really see why they would, considering they accepted it in person. If they didn't give you the paper when you filed, I don't think they'll send it by mail.

Edited by Fortitude

Timeline

We included emails and they didn't send us emails until we asked whether we were approved or not. Then they forwarded the letter stating we're approved. When I filed in person, they gave me the NOA1 directly. They never sent it by mail. I don't really see why they would, considering they accepted it in person. If they didn't give you the paper when you filed, I don't think they'll send it by mail.

I thought the same thing. What did they give you exactly? Because they only gave me a little brochure saying that I completed the first step and then the following things I can do. When did you ask if you were approved?

That was never part of the documents that you could print off from the consulate website, so I don't believe so. BUT, I could be mistaken. I have been checking my spam! I don't know about my husband though...But I guess I assumed they would be sending it to the petioner?

I thought the same thing. What did they give you exactly? Because they only gave me a little brochure saying that I completed the first step and then the following things I can do. When did you ask if you were approved?

That was never part of the documents that you could print off from the consulate website, so I don't believe so. BUT, I could be mistaken. I have been checking my spam! I don't know about my husband though...But I guess I assumed they would be sending it to the petioner?

Yeah. NOA1/NOA2s go to the petitioner, because it's the petitioner who files that form. I didn't realise Frankfurt was an in-person application, though. So... it's somewhat irrelevant.

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Yes, that's exactly what they gave me. That is considered NOA1 I believe. smile.png The next thing you should be looking out for is a letter from the Immigrant Visa Unit to the beneficiary stating they received an approved I-130 from the USCIS.

Well, a month later I asked if there was someway I could be notified by email when the petition is approved, and they then replied and said it was approved already.

Edited by Fortitude

Timeline

Yes, that's exactly what they gave me. That is considered NOA1 I believe. smile.png The next thing you should be looking out for is a letter from the Immigrant Visa Unit to the beneficiary stating they received an approved I-130.

Well, a month later I asked if there was someway I could be notified by email when the petition is approved, and they then replied and said it was approved already.

I will follow that tip and give it a month ;) ha ha

Ah, OK. You know, I guess I thought there might be some number so I could check the status of it. All of this is new to me though and I really do not know how it will go ;) Thank you!

I will follow that tip and give it a month wink.png ha ha

Ah, OK. You know, I guess I thought there might be some number so I could check the status of it. All of this is new to me though and I really do not know how it will go wink.png Thank you!

No, you have no case number until the USCIS approves your petition and sends your case to the Immigrant Visa Unit. Then they will assign you a case number. Send the email to USCIS.Frankfurt@uscis.dhs.gov and include yours and your husband's name when inquiring about the status. You're welcome and good luck! My wife's interview is tomorrow. I hope everything goes well!

My experience is that I am still waiting to find out if our petition was approved or not. It's been over 6 weeks now.

I sent in my petition packet, but on the top of it was the form asking to be e-notified of anything. I haven't received any e-mails thus far.

Yes, that's exactly what they gave me. That is considered NOA1 I believe. smile.png The next thing you should be looking out for is a letter from the Immigrant Visa Unit to the beneficiary stating they received an approved I-130 from the USCIS.

Is that seriously the NOA1? I had no idea, but we received that about a week after we sent in the paperwork. So I guess we have our NOA1, but we still don't know if the stupid petition was approved or not.

*Edit: Just checked. We received that stuff on May 26, 12 days after we sent in the packet.

Edited by veronicavonn

I am the USC, my husband is German.

I resided in Germany from July 2008-October 2013.

I have two stepsons who are staying in Germany.

Our son was born 3/3/2012 and our daughter was born 4/4/2015.

DCF STARTED!MAY 14, 2013: I-130 Petition sent to Frankfurt as registered mail w/ return receipt!

MAY 15, 2013: Mail signed for in Frankfurt. NOA1

MAY 21, 2013: Return receipt came back in the mail.

MAY 25, 2013: $420 Petition fee was charged to our credit card.

MAY 25, 2013: NOA1 paperwork received in the mail.

JULY 12, 2013: NOA2 received.

JULY 13, 2013: NOA2 sent back.

AUG 15, 2013: Packet 3 sent in.

AUG 30, 2013: Husband's medical in Berlin.

SEPT 12, 2013: Received letter with husband's interview date!

SEPT 19, 2013: INTERVIEW. APPROVED!!

SEPT 21, 2013: Visa received.

OCT 5, 2013: POE in Newark, NJ (layover).

DEC 17, 2013: SSN Card finally arrived!

DEC 19, 2013: Husband (beneficiary) got his first job in the USA! And he loves it!

DEC 28, 2013: Green card arrived!

FUTURE: Visas for my stepsons!

Timeline

No, you have no case number until the USCIS approves your petition and sends your case to the Immigrant Visa Unit. Then they will assign you a case number. Send the email to USCIS.Frankfurt@uscis.dhs.gov and include yours and your husband's name when inquiring about the status. You're welcome and good luck! My wife's interview is tomorrow. I hope everything goes well!

I'm sure everything went fine!? How was it?

Yeah, guys.

NOA1 is that useless paper that just said you've started the process and invites you to not to call and do anything but wait for the NOA2, haha!

The NOA2 is a much more personalised paper, with your name on it and your case number. That's the one you're waiting for now.

VeronicaVonn, if it's been 6 weeks, you need to wait still a bit. We got ours last Sunday, after 8 weeks. The NOA1 says that they usually process within 90 days, which means 12 weeks. So, it's all about patience.

We now are sending all the paperwork stated on the NOA2 and I'll go for my medical next week. I hope everything goes faster from here smile.png

Cheers!

Edited by atenea26

October 2010 - Met during a business trip in Berlin, Germany

March 2012 - We're engaged, yay! 

I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in Frankfurt:
28 Jul 2012 - Married in Maryville, TN

13 Sep 2012 - Moved to Bonn, Germany
18 Apr 2013 - I-130 filed
29 Apr 2013 - Notice of receipt (NOA1)
22 Jun 2013 - Received NOA2 (Packet 3)

1 Jul 2013 - Packet 3 sent
5 Jul 2013 - Packet 3 processed in Frankfurt
8 Jul 2013 - Medical examination in Dortmund

14 Aug 2013 - Interview in Frankfurt - APPROVED!!!

16 Aug 2013 - My passport arrives home

19 Aug 2013 - Returning the passport and the whole visa packet to the Consulate due to a mistake on the Summary Page

26 Aug 2013 - Received again all the documents, this time everything's correct

20 Oct 2013 - POE: Atlanta

30 Oct 2013 - Received SSN

20 Nov 2013 - Received Green Card

23 Sep 2014 - *Our daughter Sofia is born!*

Removal of Conditions:

23 Jul 2015 - Sent I-751

27 Jul 2015 - NOA1

Aug 24 2015 - Biometrics

Dec 11 2015 - Approved

Dec 18 2015 - Received Green Card in the mail

Citizenship:

22 Jul 2016 - Sent N-400 packet

02 Aug 2016 - Check cashed and NOA1

23 Aug 2016 - Biometrics in Atlanta

26 Nov 2016 - NOA for 2nd Biometrics (#######?)

13 Dic 2016 - 2nd Biometrics in Atlanta

12 Apr 2017 - Interview letter arrives

17 May 2017 - Naturalization interview in Memphis, TN

18 Jul 2017 - Oath ceremony in Knoxville, TN! A whole new chapter begins! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.