elginPH

DCF MANILA EXPERIENCE

8 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!

I just wanna share our experience in filing dcf here in the philippines.

I filed the petition of my wife on may 10,2013 at US embassy manila. It was approved may 13,2013. It only took 3 days to be approved. Its really fast when filing in dcf. Our supporting documents are pictures of us only with family and friends from the start of our relationship until the wedding. May 30, 2013 i emailed the ds230 and ds2001 to the embassy. My suggestion is dont wait for the snail mail that the embassy will send you bec it will take long once you got an approval download ds 230 and ds 2001 online and send it asap so you can book your medical and interview. June 10,2013 was my wife medical, it took 2 days so you should find a hotel to stay in after that june 24,2013 interview day our schedule was 6:30am and we were in the embassy at 3:30am the guard let us in about 6 or 6:30am. We were done around 10:30 am. And my wife was approved.

I would like to thank all the people here in visa journey. Thanks for all the help!

12-12-12 - WEDDING DAY

05-10-13 - FILED PETITION IN US EMBASSY

05-13-13 - i-130 APPROVED

05-30-13 - EMAILED DS 230 and DS 2001

06-10-13 - MEDICAL EXAMINATION

06-25-13 - INTERVIEW DONE! Thank you lord!

09-21-13 - ESTIMATED PORT OF ENTRY (CHICAGO)

Processing time of petition 1 month and 15 days

Hello!!! We've been finding ways how to do this whole thing as short as we can. Are there requirements when you'll be allowed to file DCF?

Does my husband need to show residency here in the Philippines? And if he does need to, how long should he be living here to be allowed to file a DCF?

Please tell me about all the requirements on how to go about DCF!!!!

Sorry, super kulet =p just can't wait to get over this whole thing

Hello!!! We've been finding ways how to do this whole thing as short as we can. Are there requirements when you'll be allowed to file DCF?

Does my husband need to show residency here in the Philippines? And if he does need to, how long should he be living here to be allowed to file a DCF?

Please tell me about all the requirements on how to go about DCF!!!!

Sorry, super kulet =p just can't wait to get over this whole thing

Your husband must have stayed here in the philippines for 6months so he can file DCF. For requirements for his residency here are postal ids, driver license, ACR or iCard or bank account and other more showing his residency here in the philippines. I hoped that help you. Goodluck

12-12-12 - WEDDING DAY

Bummer

Been looking at..if he'll stay here for 6 months then we'll go through DCF or just plunge head on with the I-130 and be separated for some months and sometimes I-130 gets done in a year or so.

Thanks for that info though.

Happy for you!!! Just hope this thing just move a lil bit faster.

Congratulations !!!

“Together forever, never apart. Maybe in distance but never at heart.”

IR-1 Visa

Event Date

US Embassy : Seoul, South Korea

Marriage : 2007-05-18 (Philippines)

I-130 Sent : 2012-05-09 (DCF)

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-18 (5th Anniversary)

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

rbvv8iyz83y.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What proof did you show exactly at the Embassy? What did they ask for? Does your ACR I-card show TOURIST on it?

At the moment..I have a:

Month-to-month Globe postpaid plan

Community Tax Cert

Barangay Clearance

Postal ID

BDO savings account (joint with wife)

All my visa extension receipts/stamps

Shakey's SuperCard :D Because they're awesome :D

I've been looking at getting a lease contract made up and notarized... However, if I can avoid this then..great.

Please respond. Thank you!

OMG! So inspiring! My husband and I are planning to get this done... I'd love to have our stuff submitted within the week...??? (Wishful thinking)

The fact you got this done so quickly pushes me to sit down and fill out everything and assemble. I'm so overwhelmed...

What proof did you show exactly at the Embassy? What did they ask for? Does your ACR I-card show TOURIST on it?

At the moment..I have a:

Month-to-month Globe postpaid plan

Community Tax Cert

Barangay Clearance

Postal ID

BDO savings account (joint with wife)

All my visa extension receipts/stamps

Shakey's SuperCard :D Because they're awesome :D

I've been looking at getting a lease contract made up and notarized... However, if I can avoid this then..great.

Please respond. Thank you!

---------------------

Hi there! This is her wife posting. Your proof docs are all good. Acr is the most effective evidence u can show. Coz u wer not able to have it unless youre leaving your country for months. On filing the petition issues, I will post soon a narrative statement which we experienced on the whole processing.

Edited by elginPH

12-12-12 - WEDDING DAY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.