Darnell

My NVC Electronic Processing Road

230 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OK la -

AOS FEE BILL showed up in my email inbox moments ago,

so I pulled the trigger with the OPTIN email.

Gonna keep a running tally of what's what, here in this topic. Along the way, I'm gonna refactor the wiki topic.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

From my pretty recent experience, seems like currently it's been about 4 business days to get the email that each document is received, and then another 4 or so business days to get the email that the document has been reviewed. This probably depends a lot on the current load, but it was pretty consistent for everything I sent in. Best wishes, and thanks for all the help I've gotten from all your answers!

Timeline

Thanks Guys.. I really appreciate it... If you look at my profile you can see some of the bumps I had with trying to get a @#$@ expedite for medical stuff.

Here's the timeticks that I note for NVC EP for Guangzhou:

Time Ticks for Tracking - feel free to copy/paste this into yer profile/signature area/about me area:

NVC Received CaseFile *

NVC Casefile Number Issued *

Request DS-3032 Kit from NVC *

IIN received via email from NVC, as part of AOS Fee Bill EMAIL.

OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC +

AOS FEE BILL PAID ONLINE &

AOS Fee Bill Marked Paid []

OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC

AOS CoverSheets Generated &

IV Fee Bill Showing as 'Payable' []

IV FEE BILL PAID ONLINE &

IV Fee Bill marked as PAID []

IV CoverSheets Generated &

AOS email packet sent +

IV email packet sent +

NVC reports 'Case Completed' *

'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal &

Final Review Started at NVC *

Final Review Completed at NVC *

Interview Date Set *

Appointment Letter Received via Email

Interview Date

====

legend

* - USCitizen must call, inquire

+ - Your or foreign Spouse send off via email.

& - YOU do this.

[] - Online Payment Portal Status thingie - you log in, eyeball review it.

====

Things that go together -

OPT IN Accepted and IV Fee Bill Available to be Paid Online - almost the same date.

NVC Reports 'Case Complete' and 'Sign In Fail' - almost same day.

====

Things that make you go angly and aquiverish -

--Sign in Fail

--Final Review Complete (as Interview Date Set will occur within 6 days)

--Interview Date Set (time to get busy - you have between 20 to 45 days to wrap up yer relationship evidence)

====

A Note on Relationship Evidence for Guangzhou-bound petitions -

Please review this, send more if you must, during DS-230 submittal time -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/267559-usa-is-now-arizona/page__view__findpost__p__4100571

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks Guys.. I really appreciate it... If you look at my profile you can see some of the bumps I had with trying to get a @#$@ expedite for medical stuff.

Here's the timeticks that I note for NVC EP for Guangzhou:

I found most of those time ticks except for a couple near the end, which maybe got blended together. For me, the last ones were more like :

AOS email packet sent +

IV email packet sent +

NVC reports 'Case Completed' *

Interview Date Set * / Appointment Letter Received via Email / Sign in fail / CEAC status "ready"

Interview Date

After I sent in the IV package, it was basically 4 business days later an email saying the package is received, then called 4 business days later to find the review is complete and forwarded to guangzhou, then 2 days later an email letter with the interview date. Hope this is useful as you're biding the time.

Timeline

Thanks dhr3.... I'd be interested to know if yer playing at the ustraveldocs website, also.

Timeline

Thanks dhr3.... I'd be interested to know if yer playing at the ustraveldocs website, also.

No ustraveldocs for me -- everything came straight from NVC (and interview date was set by them, not me)

Timeline

ya, i keep thinking that between 'interview date set' all the way to 'visa packet in hand'

ustraveldocs might be useful ..

Timeline

sorry, catching up.

I'm using Opera V11.62 on an XP box with SP3, so I wanted to experiment, see if this actually works as opposed to using IE V7 or greater to use the NVC Payment Portal. So far, no errors thrown.

PAID the AOS FEE BILL last night, emailed the receipt and cover sheet to myself and my wife (just cause it was do-able) .

OPTIN done, 13 May 2013, circa 22:40 , got the big email with the GZO number.

I had called in to talk with my fav supervisor, to ask her to check the electronic queue and detach the ds-3032, add it to the casefile, but she wasn't available.

It was funny, as whilst I was on hold the first time, the OPT IN thingie showed up in my email box. I'll post that in a later post here.

So, not able to get my fav supervisor, I call back again. No Luck, again.. bah...

Then right at the end of shift last night - SHE calls me back - telling me the DS-3032 was detached and added to the casefile, and the IV fee bill was gonna get generated soonish. Cool !

-----

Doing the I-864 today, and learned last night that ya can't order the IRS tax transcripts via telephone to be delivered via fax. But - it's possible to call in and have it done with a human (so I'm currently on hold with them about it). My fax is an efax service through RingCentral, so I'm looking forward to the PDF versions of the tax transcripts, later on in the day.

----

OK LA - that's it for now- end of report.

For anyone reading this - looking to do EP for Guangzhou - note: -> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/267559-usa-is-now-arizona/page__view__findpost__p__4100571

Timeline

The GZO OPTIN EMAIL:

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your correspondence.

This case is now enrolled in the Electronic Processing Program.

The additional email addresses submitted with the enrollment email were

added to our records.

Please note that all forms and documents that we request and require in

the future must be scanned copies of the originals. The applicant must

present all original forms and documents to the consular officer at

their visa interview. Failure to present the required originals at the

visa interview will result in a denial or delay in obtaining a visa for

the sponsored applicant.

This correspondence is also to notify you that the principal applicant's

case number was changed. The new case number starts with GZO (instead of

GUZ) and is followed by a new set of ten numbers. This change was made

to identify the case for both the NVC and the U.S. Consulate General in

Guangzhou, China as participating in the Optional Electronic Processing

Program.

Please refer to the case number given below in all future correspondence

with the NVC and the U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou.

We received the principal applicant's DS-3032 (Choice of Address and

Agent) form designating an address and agent. Instructions for paying

the immigrant visa application processing fee and all future

correspondence will be sent to the agent at the address selected on the

DS-3032.

For more information regarding the immigrant visa application fee or for

answers to frequently asked questions, please visit the following

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3904.html

IMPORTANT:

Do not let more than one year pass without contacting the NVC concerning

this visa petition. If a period of one year passes from the last date of

contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with the NVC, all submitted fees

and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and

documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration

process.

As this case is processing electronically, all forms and documents must

be sent via email as scanned attachments to NVCElectronic@state.gov.

Sending physical documents to the NVC will delay the processing of your

case.

Case Number: GZO2013XXXXXX

Petitioner's Name: JETSON, GEORGE

Principal Applicant's Name: JETSON, JANE

Preference Category: IR1

Your Priority Date: 17Oct2012

Foreign State Chargeability: CHINA - MAINLAND

U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL, VISA SCN.

5TH FL. TIAN YU GARDEN (II PHASE)

136-142 LIN HE ZHONG ROAD

TIAN HE DISTRICT, GUANGZHOU, CHINA

Sincerely,

Astrid

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc.

Support Contractor

NVCInquiry@state.gov <mailto:NVCInquiry@state.gov> This email is

Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM

540. Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or

refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be

considered confidential under Section 222(f) of the Immigration and

Nationality Act (INA) [8 US C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such

information must be solely for the formulation, amendment,

administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and

other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM

guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review,

retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance

upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

OK LA - tax returns in via fax, efax, so i have 3 nice and small PDF files from RingCentral. Yay ! (No, this isn't free, I pay monthly charge la)

AOS Going out tonight !

-----

Had a call into the NVC, asking silly questions about EP, just to see if a NVC TeleOperator (O Yvette ! ) knew anything about the process. I asked her if I could send in the IV before the IV fee bill was paid, or even generated, and she said SURE! - so I'm gonna give that a whirl tomorrow...

Yvette tells me the IV Fee Bill is in queue to be generated, so it could hit anytime between midnight last night to 5 days out - I'm hoping by Friday, la.

Timeline

Nice detailed update -- looks like your time from sending the OPTIN and getting the GZO# (2 business days?) is faster than mine (4 business days) in case we're racing. I asked about sending the IV packet after paying the bill but before having the bill showed as paid, ... but... never thought to actually send it in before the bill is generated, that would have saved me a couple days too, good idea... I don't remember if the IV packet cover sheet is important or available before paying, but it sounds like it wouldn't be an issue... looking forward to the rest of the story...

Timeline

AOS FEEs yanked from my bank account . yay !

NVC Payment portal still shows 'in process' on the AOS FEE payment.

Edited by Darnell

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

laughing.gif Couldn't help but chuckle at "The Jetson's" reference.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.