bordeauxol999

Help in Birthcertificate Translation Prices

7 posts in this topic

I send a pdf to foxtranslate and I had it in my email inbox the next day. It looked good.

02/01/2007 - entered US and started working on L1

02/01/2010 - transferred to H1-B

05/08/2010 - met my love

08/11/2012 - got married! :)

AOS (from H1-B) Timeline:

09/11/2012 - (xx) - 130, 485, 765, 131 package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 11:53am (Express Mail address)

09/14/2012 - (03) - checks cashed

09/21/2012 - (10) - received hard copies of NOAs for I-130, I-131, I-485,I-765 and biometrics appointment letter

09/24/2012 - (13) - walk-in biometrics completed

11/10/2012 - (60) - text/email: EAD card production ordered

11/14/2012 - (64) - 2nd text/email: EAD card production ordered

11/16/2012 - (66) - text/email: EAD card has been mailed

11/21/2012 - (71) - EAD/AP in hand

12/04/2012 - (84) - text/email: Interview scheduled for January 8th! :)

01/08/2013 - (119) - Interview. Approved on the spot :)

01/16/2013 - (126) - GC in hand! Done for 2 years

ROC:

10/14/2014: mailed ROC package

10/20/2014: NOA 1 recieved

10/24/2014: Walk-in Biometrics

03/26/2015: 10 yr GC in mail :)

N-400:

02/18/2014: mailed N-400 package

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

My own consulate wanted to charge too much for birthcertificate translation... I found the most reasonable price $29 for one page, with on official certified stamp on it. ( got ready in 3 hours) Here is the website for any one who needs one http://www.ForeignDocumentTranslation.com. I got so much help on this site from other applicant, so I need to start giving back...

Edited by bordeauxol999

If you (the petitioner or beneficiary) are fluent or at least conversant in English and the other language, you can translate for yourself. If you check visa/immigration forum websites in the target language, you may be able to find templates for birth certificates and other identity documents that you can use and just fill in the information specific to you (names, dates, places, etc.). If you have a friend who's also competent in both languages, he/she can sign off on the translation for you using the USCIS-suggested formula. My wife did all her translations herself (for her K-1 visa and AOS) and we had no problems.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I, [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

http://www.uscis.gov...0000ecd190aRCRD

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.